Alexanderself1 banned by Archanial

Disconnecting after a whole discussion is not admitting guilt- I told you why, I had to go, accept that. My life is not ss13, it’s not shitting my chair

Ruko is pretty smart and could probably add a bunch of clarity to this, so, @Ruko

RN all we got is banned guy saying one thing and banner saying the other with no other opinions

This shit is why I play lrp. Get banned for doing your job when cap just isn’t above the law, and then banned for needing to shit.

They were both a little scuffed. Doesn’t mean it requires a ban, holy fuck.

I think it’s also a full week from sec and having a note that says “shitsec” when you weren’t is no fun

Yea it aint, I once got banned for validhunting cultists as sec. All I did was flash cuff people to search them, if cult I feed them holy water. It got accepted really fast! You also played a part in it now that I remember thanks!

Ruko is typing good lord some clarity

Sudden realization captain threatened to kill mime. And that means the captain was gonna kill a mindshielded robust bitch who had brought us a rev head

3 Likes

Another post is coming and I’ll delete this header when it’s done. This post only regards my thoughts on captains, following chain of command and conditions for mutiny in general - not much to do with this specific ban or incident yet.

The captain is the commander of the station and attacking him amounts to mutiny To then move forward with stripping him would further seals this as a mutiny.

Mutiny is justified under certain circumstances, and most of those circumstances will result in a job ban for the captain from command roles. In the cases where mutiny is justified and a command roleban doesn’t take place, there would need to be considerable fuckery and misinformation in the round leading players to believe the captain was unfit for command.

Given both of the above, mutiny should always be preceded by one of the following:

• Ahelp the captain because they’re being so shit at their job that you think they deserve a ban. In some cases mutiny permission will be granted, in others the captain will be corrected by admin right then.
  • Considerable proof that the captain is an imposter or antagonist
  • Such a substantial amount of bad command decisions that from your perspective you would expect a command ban to take place. But you should be prepared to explain your reasoning

Additionally, while the captain’s permission is not required to deputize someone, he does have the authority to refuse promotion, deputization and/or demote anyone he chooses.

3 Likes

At this specific moment, does the captain know that? From the captain’s point of view there are two people running around with flashes on a Revs round. Why would the mime have already been mindshielded at this point in time?

No but the captain can overrule you and refuse to allow the mime access to security. The captain has more authority than you in general.

100% true and the captain should respect this. An acting HoS is immediately overridden by a CentCom appointed HoS when they arrive on shuttle, that’s within our rulings because of situations like this.

It is still within the captain’s purview to demote you if you prove to be incompetent or otherwise however (Not insinuating anything, just sayin’), and it’s generally best to close the damn job opening when you promote someone to a head anyway, so conflicts like this don’t even arise.

Sounds like an RP break to me if you meant this literally.

If at this point all you had done was try talking to the captain, I’m definitely in favor of the idea that captain was a shitstain of the “I AM THE LAW” variety.

The moment you pull a weapon on the captain is the moment it becomes a mutinous act, even non-lethals. The captain is within their rights to escalate to lethal force per Space Law as well, and if the talking didn’t take place before this point, demotion is the least you can expect.

The captain is the highest member of security, has authorized access to the entire station, and authorization to execute for any crime potentially worth execution. The captain kind of is above most laws because most things aren’t illegal for the captain to do.

Captain can’t murder or arrest randomly, can’t sabotage the station and shouldn’t steal things from other players without a good reason, but that’s about it. The captain can absolutely deny a deputization and can also detain any member of his crew refusing orders. Especially the deputization of a clown/mime for that matter

Actually, disguising one of the heads as a lowly assistant seems pretty amusing to me :laughing:

A bad ban will count against someone in the future. Even if the ban is short, if you feel it’s for the wrong reason or based on bad information, it’s best to appeal to get it removed from record.

That’s all I can say for now, the logs already posted are very short snippets and are also an unreadable mess from a phone. I can’t weigh in either direction before I can glean the following information:

• Did talking to the captain occur before or after attacking and detaining him?
  • Did captain skip to wanting demotion before or after being attacked, or only because HoS voiced disagreement?
  • Was captain being the shitstain he’s being made out to be, or is he just a victim of lacking information?

The captain knew the mime was mindshielded and that the one he brought us was head rev, the logs provided by Archanial skip over command comms with me attempting to talk to captain before he sent det into armory to arrest me. The ai that watched the whole thing unfold said he was being a major shitter in the discord post round, and the logs provided by archanial quote the captain saying mime was a griefer

Captain was shoved out of the way at first before he fired the first shot and that was post sending det in to detain me- mind you he sent det in as I was helping defuse the situation over comms

Insert bungo saying I should be perma head and sec banned due to previous behavior but it self deleted so I’m restating it for him. On the other hand, my reply was that my previous ban was direct result of my behavior towards him and as such his opinion of me is scuffed

IIRC, you cant close or open head of staff positions

1 Like

Huh. That seems odd, but I don’t really play HoP or Captain so I can’t really refute the possibility.

1 Like

Remember that one time admins opened up infinite captain positions?
imagine 13 clowns but they’re all captains

I was the clown captain in the beginning in that round

Can we please finish this up

You are just like me in purgatory now.

Roleplay Protip: The next time the captain is being a shithead just resign your job, visit the hop, and go do something else. If he throws you in perma or tortures you for quitting, ahelp it and they get a job/server ban.

All I read was detain captain

From a serious POV- I’m not giving up the role I selected because he sucks

Ayo hol’ up - you finna say you’re fixin’ to repeat non-valid mutiny on Sage again? In your ban appeal? After @archanial told you that is why you were banned in addition to the d/c?:thinking:

Based.