AI player S.T.R. and other silicons Player Report

Just print the boards at any circuit imprinter.

Sorry no source, im just spitting hear-say

thats illegal iirc without permission of a captain or head of security (even RD)

What? Did you craft a brand new chamber or something? Because AIs absolutely know that execution chambers exist per current policies and such.

Edit: To clarify, there’s nothing in silicone policy or our rules that explicitly state that AIs are unaware of execution chambers.

1 Like

What??
As far as I’m aware… AI do not know about execution and its drilled into everyone that they need to put on a song and dance when dealing with executions… there’s a reason its called re-education or transfer and that AI are to “play along” till proven otherwise (when HOS shouts out that someone is being executed)

If the AI knew… why do they not have door access (citation needed), cameras inside and a properly labeled door?
Its not listed in the policy for some reason too…

1 Like

If you can find any official written policy on this, I’ll gladly adjust my statement. But I just checked with the headmins and nothing like that exists (or to my knowledge ever existed on Bee).

The different room names and such are to assist in misleading the AI, but they would still be aware that executions and such exist. After all, it’s a formalized part of space law & security policy.

likely an emergent rule that everyone just kinda follows?..
There is still a great amount of effort put into place to conceal that room from the AI,
likely due to the nature of asimov that it was built around… but still should be there with crewsi

If the AI knew round start then there’s nothing stopping it dismantling the room fully every shift as its only purpose is killing those already detained and secured, unlike other lethal tools such as armoury as it can be used against external or even internal threats not covered by its laws.

AI also does not care about space law… Telling the AI that executions are standard will not stop it saving the condemned if covered under its laws…

1 Like

It seems to be a collective brain worm, yes. It could also be something that exists on other stations, TG might still have that as part of their policy, I remember them having it back in 2014 but I don’t think they maintained it.

Well sure, you still don’t want the AI to overreact. The concealing effort is more of an attempt setup a dog whistle for security. For example, saying, “Warden, please prepare prisoner X for transfer” shouldn’t ring any alarms for the AI. Whereas saying, “Warden, prepare X for execution” likely would depending on their laws.

Well, it can be used against persons who are not protected by its laws. While yes the potential for harm towards those protected by the current laws exists, it’s not an active threat. Which would arguably protect it per our rules. (It’s also incredibly meta)

Caring about and being aware of are two totally different things. The AI is fully aware of space law and security procedure, ergo, they are fully aware that station based executions are a thing and that such rooms would exist. It’s a pretty logical line of thinking.

To add, if security properly processes a prisoner for execution the AI would have no reason to interfere under asi/crewsimov. That being, if the Warden removes their entry from the crew manifests and either edits or deletes their medical records to remove the protections afforded to the prisoner, then the AI wouldn’t be bound by its laws to protect them.

tell me i can assume sec are doing the worst thing to my crew
and im gonna make this rule appear

No, it would make sense for AI to not know or people to assume such since for the longest time bee had base Crewsimov lawset, if they knew a specific room was for executing they would seal that room minute one to avoid killings, am i wrong?

I could have sworn somewhere we agreed that the AI doesn’t know about the room at shiftstart, but like if a borg bumps into the door (Say, a janitor borg cleaning up in sec) they can ‘find out’ that way.

From Prison Wing - BeeStation Wiki

The Prisoner “Transfer” Center

Through the dark, nasty corridor, this is the place with no cameras where prisoners are transferred to another place so they can’t do any more harm to anyone… In other words, eliminated through CO2, a lethal injection syringe or oldskool punching-your-face-to-mush.

Why the caginess? A normal Asimov-lawset AI is required by its laws to stop any harm, even if it’s being directed at the most murderboning antagonist. The smarty-pants of Nanotrasen have thus come up with a brilliant plan of telling a small white lie to the AI to commit one harm to save dozens of lives from further harm. Nevertheless, expect AIs and cyborgs to make it their round’s goal to “accidentally” discover the purpose of this room (note, this is meta and frowned upon by admins).

1 Like

This page is missing one important part though; being officially moderated.

Like on the rules page

I was honestly just joining in 'cause of the AI, if I didn’t do anything to prevent harm I’d frankly deserve a silicon ban, not to mention it was others that brought it to my attention I think I was an engineer bot? Or a peacekeeper, I think I was roaming around without picking a module for a bit :stuck_out_tongue:

So damned if I do damned if I don’t lmao. I’m pretty sure the AI told us to go stop the execution I just don’t remember exactly what was said. Not admin anymore, can’t exactly ah, pull logs. Last posts from higher ups were a few days ago so I’ll just ping again so they look this over, they don’t exactly need a headmin to do this now :joy: They only added one in 'cause I was an admin. @GameAdmin Can we get this one looked at? Or logs pulled if need be?

Headmins are assigning admins to pending reports do there is no need to ping literally every single admin.

1 Like

:pensive: sorry

(post must be at least 20 characters long moment)

J’aime l’oignon frit à l’huile,
J’aime l’oignon car il est bon.
J’aime l’oignon frit à l’huile,
J’aime l’oignon, j’aime l’oignon.

Bump

1 Like

Going over the logs, I hear that “lets execute X” was being said over the security coms multiple times

The AI should not assume re-education chamber is used for executions. but they don’t have to pretend to be a idiot. If security is murmering about killing someone, and then brining said person to a unsupervised room they can suspect and investigate.

Report rejected

1 Like