Adminless rounds

Okay so I will reply to this now.
Yes I agree Bee has always had problems with not having enough admins, but this change just made it worse.

What is wrong in operating just as a reactionary force? If you force admins to deadmin, they can’t do shit. What’s better, an admin that can sometimes react or not at all? If you were involved in the incident, you’d ask some other admin or tell a person to make a player report.
I can’t really see how this change prevents burn out, you literally force people to either have “”"“fun”""" so playing the round, or to “”"“work”""" so to admin the round. (yes I know that adminning can be fun, notice the amount of “”"").

Also, just the illiusion of moderation is often enough because it makes some people think twice before doing bad things.

2 Likes

That all is your opinion, and that’s totally fine. Just like all of our changes, we’ll monitor things and see how it works out. For now, like I said, we’re still standing by our decision.

Sure, hope it works out well, but really, check how many admins are online like midround/endround now and compare it to like 3 months ago.

Also uh, that ‘daddy’ approach of ‘no you can’t admin when playing because it’s bad for you’ shouldn’t really be used in an enviroment where everyone should be adults. Wanna admin? Then admin.
But that again is just my opinion.

1 Like

Stressing this for emphasis.

There was no poll with regular memes that I am aware of. I believe the same was for senior, though I am uncertain.

As above it was discussed during a meeting that not all were in attendance for.

Or you could just wait at the end of the round and do something else instead of being an impatient toddler.

The changes to admin conduct passed by popular vote of the headmins and host.

You mean all the people who literally never play the game? Seems like the right people to be making a vote like that, yeah.

2 Likes

The head admins do play the game, and the change was made with good intentions.

it’s caused problems. I’m not sure how many problems it’s solved.

this makes me flashback to the time a guy mentorhelped asking for instructions on how to kill miners, of which i was the only one for that shift. my strategy is just to play-to-lose once you actively know somebody’s out for you, not to pretend you didn’t see anything. it’s like when you play with a dog and you fight but you ultimately let them win, unless they just give up halfway through. it’s true as mentor you get a lot of info about the round.

i ain’t an admin so i won’t say anything about admins, just mentor insight.

1 Like

I like fortnot. The admins get to play, and i have to wait maybe 5 more minutes after roundend? In exchange if its an egregious case of +10 minutes tickets i just get to fuck around with antag guns mastering my greytide skills. Im okay with letting that happen, even if it only happens because admins want to play.

The no admining while playing rule, in my opinion, helps keep admins who can’t distance themselves from meta info in check.

On the other hand it has basically removed my ability to help people while having fun, again, because other admins had issues with it. Both me and many other admins were never accused of abusing admin info and for good reason. I didn’t sign up to admin when this rule was in play, and I wouldn’t have if it was.

As of now I am eagerly waiting and hoping that it gets removed. If an admin abuses meta info they should not be in the position and the rule is doing harm generally instead of addressing the people causing the issues, if any.

I also don’t want to distance myself from the players even more. Now I am forced to if I want to help them. Again, because other people have apparently had issues with this. Not because it makes my job easier. It makes it harder in fact.

Several other admins have spoken out about this and have been denied. As such don’t get your hopes up. All I can do is call the rule shit, because it is.

Crossed also likes to say “we” a lot. I don’t know if the headmins are silently supporting this awful rule or if it’s really just him, but both are awful scenarios.

Edit: It is important to note that having admin off as a role that actually impacts antags or fights, ie heads and sec, is important and should be maintained. The same can not be said of casually growing plants or breeding slimes (as examples)

4 Likes

Admins can’t both play and admeme the round at the same time. A shit rule

With rounds being an hour or more long each time I hardly ever play more than one round in a row anyway, got laundry and grocery shopping and shit to do so after the round ends im ussually logging off.

So basically we have way less ingame admins than used to have because of heads and Crossed deciding it’s fine. We are told that the vote was among heads and the host, so let’s break it down (or how does it look for me):

From heads:
I see Cae often because they are based.
I see Bloons sometimes.
I see Dork maybe once a week.
And I do not see Crossed at all (although he’s fine because he keeps the server running.).

So I’m interested, why didn’t you poll the change even though you don’t really play the game (and the change is more about playing and then adminning).

1 Like

The thing is that, when someone admins at the end of the round and sees a ticket from the begging about being killed by self antag I can’t reverse the round and aheal the wrongfully killed player. His round is already ruined.

Yeah that’s true. Well now we just wait for an admin to join and hopefully not decide to play the game, because otherwise the round is most likely fucked. Shouldn’t there be a message that if there are no admins, make a player report?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.