Admin Application - Vexylius

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Vexylius

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Vexylius#5396

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): GMT+1

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I would increase the amount of staff online by one.

How old are you?: 19

Why do you want to be an admin?: I saw a poster on discord that told me to apply (and I’m kinda curious how is it like to be an admin. May be fun).

How long have you been playing SS13?: I started playing about one year ago, can’t remember, but a bit before the ssethtide.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Something like two months now

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: Let’s say 7, but it might be 8

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 4

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I hosted SS13 server on my computer to teach my friends how to play (on tg and bee code) and some time ago I’ve been an admin of a few Minecraft servers.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: nope

Your strengths: I learn quite quickly and I always try to understand the point of view of the other person.

Your weaknesses: I’m lazy.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: getting killed by self antaging clown on MRP when no admins are online.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Being fair and responsible.

What makes a staff team good?: being online 24/7, helping those in need and punishing the evil.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: making sure that things are good.

What kind of player are you?: I try to do my job and help others.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I don’t know.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: A centcom admiral appears on the station with the gun stating that he found it in space. He questions the HoS to determine if he’s up to the task and why that gun was in space. There’s a chance for some interesting roleplay to happen, and in IC way gun returns to the station.
Also the clown might be ooc hinted not to space high risk items.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: I would ask him why have he done this and if he has anything to say in his defence and then most probably jobban for engineering for a month and general ban for a week… or even perma.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: IC issue. He caused his own death because of his lack of knowledge. Not really a thing for an admin to deal with. If he ahelps I’d send him a wiki page with chem recipes.

That’s one way to burn yourself out at a light speed. Don’t do that.

Source: I did that back as a trialmin. Wasn’t worth it. But if you want to do that, you do you.

Also, I found an account linked to you by the CKEY of ‘abeniz’. Nothing that serious, though I’m curious about it if you could shed some light into it? Only one connection to the server so it’s mostly out of curiosity.

And this is actually interesting. I think it’s the first time I see an IC intervention regarding the HOS gun, which is nice and unique, though I’d highly discourage using OOC to tell Clown not to do that again. Just bwoink them or subtle message them instead.

Some answers regarding the non-admin situations are a tad meh, in the sense of:

• You really don’t know whether being an admin will change you or not? For better or worse?
  • How does an admin team makes sure that “things are good”? By just existing?
  • Does everyone that ‘do evil’ deserve a punishment?

Sorry, I might have been not clear on some things

That was about staff team, not one person. I meant that there should always be someone from staff, and they might change depending on their timezone or free time. I have witnessed many disasters on adminless rounds so just sayin.

By OOC means I actually meant bwoink, because that’s kinda OOC in my opinion.

Well it might be for the better because I’ll develop my interpersonal skills or something like that, or nothing might change at all. I don’t think it would change me for worse though, because I generally tend to go in the self-improvement direction.

I didn’t want to write an essay, but in my opinion staff is there to make sure that people properly play the game, don’t abuse the system, don’t have their own fun at the expense of others, and that the game doesn’t break or if it breaks they do something to fix it. Basically if everyone is having fun things are good.

Well, we live in a difficult world, and some bad things done to others can be justified because of the conditions of the situation, and some things deserve the most harsh punishment. The good and evil are philosophically debatable concepts, but the thing that I meant was that the admin is the ticket judge and he has the responsibility to judge people fairly.

thats bad

this is not the kind of answer we are looking for, we are looking for answers that describe what personally makes you angry, a specific scenario that cant happen when you are an admin is not the kind of thing we are looking for in your responses

thats vague

we are saying what you should do as an admin, not how to RP fix it, responses of what to do and why, also we have an LRP as well, so it would be nice if you answered for both servers

Well I know that, but nobody’s perfect, and it ain’t that bad. Just saying “I have no weaknesses, I am a superhuman” would be a bit weird

Well, I usually am calm, but I don’t like when someone (like for example self antaging clown) ruins everyone’s fun and nobody can’t do anything about it. That was just an example and also kinda motivation why I want to join the “force”.

Well I am aware, but I expanded on that in my previous reply.

Well, the example that I wrote before was obviously meant for MRP server, because I play there the most, but on LRP I’d just tp the gun back into HoS locker and bwoink both telling HoS that he’s bad at his job, and telling clown that that was “not epic and cringe”.

The application itself is ok, but I like the followups to Rue and Dovah. Being able to respond and clarify previous points is a good quality to have (though presenting them well on the first go would be ideal)

+1 for now

Mhm.

+1, nice lad and thanks for following up with the questions.

+1, seems okay, honest about flaws at least.

Seems like a genuinely good admin application. My only gripe is

Better not be more afk then kain my guy.
2+, I wanna see where it goes.

CKEY Vexylius has 311h hours logged on BeeStation, along with 460 total connections. Their account was created on 2018-09-26. They have a minor ghostrole ban and a note for overescelation.

One question: What’s your server preference?

I mostly play on MRP

Are you willing to Admin on LRP when needed?

If it’s needed, that’s ok, I can do that

That’s good enough to let you go through Trialmin. +2 from me.

+2 from me too

20 char limit

Accepted. I’ll give you your Discord perms, contact an @Admin Trainer or Senior Admin/above for your training and in-game perms.

1 Like