Admeme apply, of the good kind

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Venesis

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Венезис#1777

How often are you online to help? (Timezone): I’ll be on as much as possible, but may be a bit difficult due to work and school, CEST

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Moderation of thy rules

How old are you?: 19

Why do you want to be a moderator?: The admemes kept bugging me about it, so here we are
(real reason: I like the community a lot, and want to help keep the shitters out. Plus, moderation seems pretty fun)

How long have you been playing SS13?: A good 6 months I think

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Since 2022-01-21

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: I’d say a good ol 7.4

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): Never done any official moderation, i have some very basic experience with the bus

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Not officialy, i am an admin on a friend’s private server, but we barely play there

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:

Your strengths: As mentioned before, I’m very tolerant to a lot, and if I dont know something 100% for sure, I wont be affraid to reach out for help.

Your weaknesses: I have no real previous moderation experience

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Not that I can think of, actually. I’m very tolerant when it gets to petty insults, or stuff like that

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Patience.

What makes a staff team good?: Coordination, and Cooperation

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To keep the players in check, and make sure that shitters dont ruin the game for the rest of the people.

What kind of player are you?: I try to engage in a more roleplaying kinda playstyle. This goes alright most of the time

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I’ll definitely be more responsible, and stop doing things like breaking into Sec on lowpop

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: If we’re talking about the HoS gun which spawns in HoS’ locker, I’d warn him about it. If it’s just the laser rifle I’d ask a higher-up if this is acceptable or not, then act from there.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Ask him what he’s doing, why he’s doing it, and if he has any valid reasons to do so. If nothing good comes from this, which is likely the case, I’d ask a higher-up what to do with him and follow these directives.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Nothing. Shit happens.

Moderation is (sometimes) fun and your history is good but your hours are still a bit low.
I’d consider 250-300 to be a mininum.
-1 from me but still good luck

Arch is right re: your history, though your hours are at about the 160h mark.

A bit more time and I’d be willing to give you a try, your answers to the tickets are okayish but I think more time on the server would definitely help a bit.

You are active on the discord though, which is good and shows you’ve got a feeling for the community.

I’ll abstain from voting personally, but absolutely wish you luck with the app! If it does not go through, I certainly would like to see you try and apply again with more time.

Hours are too low for me.
Play more to gain more game knowledge and get more familiar with the project.
You also came off a role ban that was issued a month ago with along some other minor records.

However like Jonny said, I’ve seen you around on discord and I believe this app was made in good faith.

I simply don’t think now is the right time for you to join the staff team.

If you’re really interested in contributing to the project though I suggest you keep playing and try again in few months!

T:-2

I have returned here once more to say that I have grinded enough hours,

I am now at 260 hours of playtime and would like to be reconsidered for the position as admin

2 Likes

Well, your dedication is comedable. Ill prepare some more questions later, have fun with this one.

You, a coworker, and a security officer are hanging out. By chance a stealth implanted person is revealed. The officer moves to engage, and so does your coworker. The officer wanages to stun and arrest the traitor, your coworker keeps beating them into crit, then to death. What do you do?

1 Like

As much as i love your effort and had my hopes up i still sadly have to give a -1.

You‘ve just received a server ban a couple hours ago for something really not that great. Apart from that, i believe you can‘t be accepted/have an app open while you are banned. I also wouldn‘t consider someone that just got banned to be ready for staff.
Keep in mind though that you are free to reapply within a month if this app gets denied. Obviously try and improve your behavior until then.

T: -3

Same as above. -1

T:-4

I am not an admin, but I don’t think grinding out hours in game for the sole purpose of being granted admin is a good thing.

I think people who should be considered for admins are those that play for fun, and have loads of hours because they are invested in the game/community.

Same as above. You made it sound like you were just “grinding” hours to be granted an admin role. You also just received a server ban, which isn’t exactly a good look for an admin. -1

T: -5

While i disagree on 160 hours being to low (the historical precent is around 100 as bedrock minimum, exceptions asside)
The admins hath spoken

Feel free to try again eventualy

Closed at -5