Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Absolucy
Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): absolucy
How often are you online to help? (Timezone): EST, and usually don’t have much better to do.
What changes, if any, would you bring?: Being active during midnight lowpop hours which often lack moderation, being able to assist with more technical staff matters.
How old are you?: 19
Why do you want to be a moderator?: Well, there’s often no staff on, I observe often, and often have nothing better to do. Plus, I’d like a chance to improve the state of the server by helping discourage shittery that chases high-quality players away.
How long have you been playing SS13?: Since late 2016
How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Since around Feburary (2023)
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: I’d say 8-9
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): I’d say… 5-6? I’m not too sure, honestly, it’s been a while since I’ve administrated anything other than small discord servers with friends.
Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Was a Hippie admin for a bit (full admin), retired due to burnout and personal issues IIRC
Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: No active alts
Your strengths: I’m skilled with technical stuff (including the codebase itself), I have lots of free time, and I can sometimes hyperfocus on tasks.
Your weaknesses: I’m not the best at explaining things, I often have trouble distinguishing whether something someone said is serious or not, I can get bored rather quickly, and I’m not a consistently creative person. My OOC and IC emotions can bleed into each other, but this doesn’t cause (visible) problems, as I usually attempt to remove myself from situations if they’re causing painful amounts of irl stress.
Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Spam and bigotry (especially homophobia, transphobia, or aphobia).
What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Common sense, not being afraid to ask other staff for help if you aren’t too sure about what course of action to take, and recognizing+acknowledging your own personal biases and mitigating them.
What makes a staff team good?: Taking action to deal with people who make the community a worse place, and being able to recognize their mistakes and attempt to correct them if needed.
What is a staff team’s purpose?: To keep the community in proper ‘balance’, by preventing problematic individuals from taking over and driving the good, enjoyable people out, and to actively engage the community, keep things a bit fresh if possible.
What kind of player are you?: I tend to hyperfocus on things, however I try my best to roleplay with others. I also dislike playing in a ‘violent’ way, preferring to use either stealth or manipulation as antagonist.
How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I’m not sure, I’m not the greatest at predicting these kinds of thing, sorry.
The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
- Non-antag clown, no IC buildup/justification: Check clown’s notes. If no history of this kinda thing, just tell them to knock it off and perhaps note them. If they have a solid history of this however, it may be time to escalate to a clown ban or perhaps a short server ban.
- Antag clown: IC issue.
- Otherwise: Depends on if the clown has an IC justification, or if there has been some sort of IC buildup or not. Sec sometimes gets mad at the Clown for doing typical clown things, and this can result in escalation, with the end-result perhaps being this situation.
A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Keep an eye on them via orbiting and checking their inventory to ensure they don’t pull anything else during the conversation, and get straight to the point during the bwoink: “Why are you releasing plasma everywhere?”. This is likely a griefer - if they log off (for more than a minute or so, sometimes people have unreliable internet) or get aggressive, apply banhammer liberally.
A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
- Seemingly isolated incident: Likely, this is just typical chemist bullshit. I’d leave a hidden note in order to help other admins recognize a pattern in case of future incidents, though.
- Multiple incidents (no visible note): Bwoink them, asking why they keep blowing up chemistry repeatedly. Don’t jump to assumptions too quickly, however. Escalate to visible note if this has happened too much.
- Multiple incidents (visible note): Bwoink again - unless they have a really good reason, a chemist or medbay ban is likely, along with warning them that perhaps chemist isn’t the right job for them if they keep fucking up this much.