Abductee Objective Idea Thread

opinion that I disagree with, I find them to be a fun antag.

Do you really think security will do this when there’s almost no incentive to do so?

“You are Thor, God Of Electricity, spread electricity throughout the station”

Best Abductor Brain Wash I ever got. (also had the electrocute organ)

1 Like

I remember giving an extremely similar brainwash, though the wording of the last bit was slightly different.

Was probably you, was a few months ago.

teleported in
stunned
asleep for 10m
randomly teleported back
Great, whatever I was doing now I’ve got to stop to do something else.

Make it a part of Sec and Medbay SOP. People who has come into contact with aliens and or been experiment on has to be treated. Whether they’ll care in-game or not, that depends on how annoying they are. That shock organ? I’d want that one detained and treated ASAP!

Asleep for 3 at most. The problem is you massively overestimate how long abductors spend operating on you.

Yeah, your round isn’t gonna go as planned. That’s just the way the game is.

Not regarding previous comments.

I’d like to see aliens have some sort of screams of horror ability. “They have no mouths, yet you hear their screams of pain!!”

I imagine it would make you confused and dizzy. Would definitely fit in thematically and buff abductors to be more consistant in getting their target.

When my round is changed by a Syndicate it’s still a person who is able to talk. Only words abductors can say is BZZT from the sound of their stun stick.

Abductors do not need buffs. They are already too strong if anything.

At best, the incentive that i’ve had to perform arrests/captures were on people who were causing harm to others ( plasma, shocking organs ) but in the end it’s also kinda medbay’s job to keep track of the possible abductees and monitor their vitals, most docs either completely ignore the abductor threat or just insta meta the brainfix and heart check, there needs to be a point in between.

Security usually get involved with trying to hunt the abductors itself or dealing with a specific brainwash (i.e qm gets brainwashed to go cargonia)

1 Like

Theres only one way to tell that its the heart without cutting them open and thats if the “heart” takes damage. only then does it show up as “Fleshy mass” under organ damage on health scanners.

Stethoscopes dont detect anything… which was kinda weird… Normal pulse and respiration… Would have been a nice way to detect it as it probably wont sound the same.

So really most knowledge and treatment of fleshy mass is purely metagaming but theres no real way around it… other than detaining someone for 20 min because you clearly cant let them go due to the risks and hoping they say some magical clue to avoid metagaming, which… they might not even know as players nevermind their character.

1 Like

Yeah i feel there should be a mechanic tied to the detecton of the fleshy mass without being as simple as

health scanner → you need a new heart you’ve been abdcuted

I mean, it would make 'em spookier. Now you don’t just have a teleporting bootleg Shitsec, but a horror beyond your imagination. Would make it more immsersive too.

Sounds like more variety is due. Could be nice with some pointless and some neat, but not harmful organs. What about a rare alien surgery tool implant? A honk stomach which converts all food into bananas and honks when you eat. Maybe even add an organ which randomly beeps. lol

Basically just mess with people and now and then give them something fancy.

And in either case, add to the SOP for Sec and Medbay to detain and fix their crew members who have victims of abductions in some lore friendly way. Perhaps “Crew members with extra terrestrial forgein objects from the result of surgerical mutilation are always to be removed and stored in evidence.”

To prevent it from being gamey make the implant get destroyed once extracted, but still have something there which can be stored inside evidence.

not saying good or bad on the idea… but theres a mechanic tied to implants, more specifically their removal that may be help with that.
When doing the removal step of the implant removal surgery, if you have an empty injector case in hand then the implant is placed directly into it, if there is no case in the offhand, it is destroyed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.