A call for a reform [POLL]

Bro you only got beaned because you gave a stupid ass reason

I was eliminating the felinid menace, that is a perfectly good reason

I’m totes with you on this and this was actually part of my platform when running for council. Which I am the literal only candidate before being blocked from running who actually had policy positions and proposals to campaign on.

I, however, disagree with you on the perm ban. I think perm bans should only be done in very extreme cases Normal bans, however, should be limited to 3 months. This is a quarter of a year which is a decent length of time. The reason why I propose this is because I think its important for not only the server and our community to do so. But as people to do so because the moment you strip away any chance of redemption is the moment you will ensure that person will never change. We cannot claim to be decent people if we uphold a practice that ensures toxic people remain toxic even if it is away from us.

If you give people opportunities however than that is encouragement for them to change and no doubt some will. We will also be doing our part to make that possible. I know some of you reading this may be thinking something along the lines of, ‘it’s only a game it doesn’t matter’ but it really isn’t people continue to exist with or without or community. Their behaviors and actions in all manners positive and negative are a genuine part of them. The way we treat each other no matter where it may be matters and will have effects on both parties.

I know for those who have known me are reading this and think me of all people saying this is just bizarre given the terrible things I said regarding a group of people. But I have experienced this from both sides of the fence. Being rejected by entire groups and rejecting an entire group of people myself. Often with no redemption chance from others and yet I would also leave no chance for that with the group I have issues with. No matter my position of being the ejector or rejected made me a better person if anything it made me worse. So I am giving up that part of me when it comes to how I treat others.

Man you gotta have a defined powergaming rule, it literally covers picking up anything and is purely up to the individual admins speculation.

Oh bro you’re wearing shoes “just in case” you might step on glass shards? Banned.

Make a list of shit, instead of thinking us players are capable of your all knowing common sense.

By no means should that template be taken as-is, it was just an example.

Regarding perma as the last step though: I did specifically outlined perma until appeal because it allows the perma to be overridden and deleted via approved appeal. I don’t think a player should ever be truly permanently banned either, but banned indefinitely until they show personal improvement through community interactions.

Another thing bad is the reliance on logs, logs don’t show jack on the MRP server, for example they don’t show what you think is happening at the time, and so you’re judgement is always gonna seem wrong cause there’s no proof. But hold it we saw you do a basic interaction, bye bye.

The ddoses from a couple months ago fucked up the admins minds, and there flows the crimson rain.

Ye but not for the admemes learn to lie dud

@TheSpaghettiSauceSla a guy killed 30 people on MRP as HoS because he could
he’s still not even NOTED
spaghetti gets banned for killing one person, as a meme, and admitting to it. he accepts a reasonable ban, not a fucking perma because killing one person? i’ve never seen anyone get permaed for that before, and i know admins aren’t permabanning everyone now

also guys don’t forget to scream at the headmins & vote me for councill!!!

1 Like

jannies cringe

20 nigacters

I’m not too big of a fan of this. The biggest issue is severity. We would have to shard out punishments for every type of server violation. If someone who has 300 hours on the server plasmafloods it as a non antag, they shouldn’ have two more chances to do the same thing. If someone ick ocks 4 times they shouldn’t be perma’d.

If we had ban punishments for every kind of infraction it could work well, but think of the big number of wildly different situations you deal with every night. Maybe a baseline is needed, but holding everyone to very rigid punishments doesn’t work when a large number of infractions are in very weird grey areas.

Also while notes should be removed after a time or a review, ban notes after an appeal show history. If someone gets a ban appealed then does the exact same thing the next day, I’d like to see when that is the case. We already remove bans if they were given in error, or at least I do.

Also also, this is a shitpost thread, your posting about serious reform ideas to currently banned salty people, some who want to weaponize bans against others, and shitposting legends. You idea is absolutely worth discussing, but not here

Y not gott astart somewhere

Because snap decisions and sweeping changes, brought about because someone is salty is how I’ve seen communities crash into flames. Rule enforcement is something that should be discussed, but because of the consequences should actually be done in a serious manner. Read the posts in this thread, this isn’t the thread to do it in.

2 Likes

i dunno I think if I basically got perma’d for the slightest bullshit and couldn’t play the game properly because of the fear of overzealous jannies I’d be pretty salty too. everett has every right to salt here

2 Likes

Im not saying he doesn’t His salt is well warranted, and hes most likely right about inconsistent punishments. But even if he is right, most people aren’t going to give you any serious consideration in a shit posting thread. Hell, me even saying as much as I have is probably dumb. If you guys really want to adjust shit, make serious threads and shit post threads separate. Get the council to hear you and propose shit.

America

What do you want changed? What’s wrong with the rules? Which ruling do you have a problem with? Just saying rule bad lmao literally has no value

this

I see it as not being the rules as much as inconsistency with ban lengths and treatment of different players doing the same things.

I’m not referring to players that simply aren’t caught/reported and get away with it, but instances where two different players are caught breaking the same rule and get wildly different punishments by different admins, and our general agreement not to step on each others’ toes.

I’m not proposing a radical change, or even trying to force it, but I do think some effort to normalize punishments and agree on rule definitions would be good.

I agree that a shitpost thread isn’t the place to do it, but where is a good place to do it? The forums are filled with shitposters that are never punished for it no matter where they do it The player creating the thread is salty, but I wouldn’t dismiss this entire thread or some of the discussions here as shitposts because of a problem this forum inherently has with allowing shitposting everywhere with no consequences.

I agree we shouldn’t make snap decisions and necessarily enact my proposal immediately or at all, I’m simply attempting to offer a potential solution, and I do believe where ever the discussion does take place, it should be done publicly.