Zoom9337 Staff report

In-game misconduct:

CKEY: Rukofamicom

Your Discord: Ruko#7940

Offender’s CKEY: Zoom9337

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 06 / 01 / 2022

Round Number: 38457

Rules Broken (if relevant): N / A

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant): I disagree with a ruling and it is my understanding that this dictates a report. I do not seek punishment of the reported member of staff - I simply have a disagreement I would like settled and the case looked over by a second person.

Incident Description: I opened an ahelp for failRP, potential powergaming and failure to work with team as a converted antagonist. The ahelp remained open for most of the round. The ahelp was closed with “situation handled” as the (now mindshielded and deconverted) player I reported was in the middle of breaking into the command portion of the emergency shuttle with a chainsaw while saying “Wroom wroom”. I never saw any change in this player’s behavior while the ahelp was open.

Additional Information: The player in question is an assistant named Casper Kamm as seen above. At time of my opening ahelp I had witnessed the player doing the following:

• Screaming “MAINTS!!” as a single word at the hopline, which is when I jumped to them.
    • They already had space adaptation, and this point was pretty early in the round. They also have a medkit in their bag.
    • I scrolled up a bit skimming for their name and found they had pretty much just been saying some variation of “Maints!” over and over, demanding it from HoPline.
  • Shortly after HoP caves and gives them the maints they were screaming for they get flashed and converted to a rev by @Penwin. They then rest on the ground, completely ignoring prompts by the head rev until he eventually gives up and leaves. (Edit: Information provided below shows this was probably not intentional malice) Once head rev leaves, Casper gets up and carries about his merry way of wandering into maints to look for some loot.
  • I open the Ahelp and explain what I’ve seen so far here, where I am told by the moderator something along the lines of “Well, revs don’t really have to listen to the head rev, they just need to go kill the heads of staff”.
  • After some time passes and the player finds a chainsaw, they do make it apparent they intend to fight and just kinda stroll in on a group of sec in a public place and start chainsawing. They are vastly outnumber and lose, after which they are arrested, deconverted and mindshielded.
  • At no point does their general behavior change as far as I can tell.
  • Shuttle arrives, and as the crew is boarding the shuttle, the now mindshielded player in question starts trying to smash their way into the command section, baits a conflict with others on the shuttle which results in a chainsaw fight to the death (or at least to crit).
  • At this point I tabbed out of the game to start writing this report because it seems like the player either wasn’t talked to at all, or was given a pass to carry on with their shitty antics. Due to server rules I don’t feel it would have ended well for me to immediately re-open the ticket proclaiming the player was definitely not handled.

Here’s all of the relevant logs from the round I could scrape.

logs from player

Presumably where they got space adapt here.
Very long gap in speech from my perspective before this point
This is messed up because this is a saved chatlog.

Headrev @Penwin flashes here, not in my chat logs
Pretty much right after penwin gives up and walks away, Casper gets up from resting edit here too and carries on.

There a gap in my logs of unknown size at this point. I saved logs at two points during the round - once right here, and once when I decided I was going to need to make a report. The next chunk of logs picks up while Casper is in brig from the arrest and just after he has been mindshielded.
He is attacking his way into the command section of escape shuttle here.

4 Likes

he wasn’t resting intentionaly i believe, while i think the rest of the report is valid timers were absolutley fucked up that round.

I got flashed and was stunned for 30 seconds even while people were trying to get me up

2 Likes

Can confirm that the stand up bug is back during that rev round. Watched sec flash a group of 3 and drag a 4th off.
The officer moved them around 10-15 tiles, cuffed and returned before the group were able to stand.

With regards to the flashing:

1. The entire server was receiving issues with regards to performance because of unrelated matters.
  2. Casper Kamm was flashed by a headrev, who attempted multiple times to shake him up.
  3. The headrev in question confirmed through ahelp that Casper was not intentionally resting, meaning the server was shitting itself and people couldn’t get up, and Casper could not get up on his own or other’s accords.

With regards to Maints:

1. I ahelped Casper Kamm asking him why he was screaming maints in the HoP line, he says that the HoP asked him three times what access he wants and some sort of hearing loss or what not.
  2. I’m not going to bonk someone for screaming “MAINTS”, it does not even deserve a verbal warning.
  3. Casper did attack security and heads after revs was found out, and resisted mindshielding by running away from brig (door open), they tried in this case to be a revolutionary.

If they did do anything after the fact that may be against the rules, another ahelp should have been made since we were busy with observing other things that round and can’t really see everyone all at once.

• Additionally, it just looks like they have poor grammar for a lot of those message screen captures.
1 Like

Okay, so we have addressed:

1. Why they were resting and ignoring the head rev (They weren’t, it was a bug)

2. We have answered them seeming not to care about the fact they were a rev, they did eventually move on to attack a group of non-revs.

What has not been addressed:

1. Are revs really not supposed to work together as a team? If I’m converted to a team antag I can just silently do my own thing and completely ignore the rest of the team as long as I eventually make a minimal effort to attack eventually? I take particular issue with this because the attack he did was complete suicide due to charging into a large group alone (I don’t know if that holds weight here or not though, because I’m not sure how actively you may have been investigating or watching him to see this)

2. The completely fail RP in general, and I firmly disagree with you on whether or not repeatedly screaming maints is an RP issue, especially considering the entirety of their say logs at that point were 13 lines. 9 of those lines involved Hopline, and two were shouting in all caps at roundstart.

Can I ask what you think of their RP, or if you looked into it as part of the ticket in general?

If the majority of someone’s already sparse communications can be summarized as mostly typos, all caps and single-word lines, I do believe they should be identified as a problem. An assistant that is just gaming maintenance for loot is also going directly against server rules.

And that finally leaves what’s on me:

1. Falling into the trap of assuming you would notice the self-antag since you were actively investigating them from my perspective. I can make a player report if necessary, but I would hope someone is already going to be taking a second look at the round logs as a result of this report, since this report is directly asking for a second opinion due to disagreement with your rulings/handling of it.
1 Like

This is one of many reasons why revs are an god awful gamemode and needs a revision, cause communication in that gamemode is nonexistant. With other teamantags there atleast is a way for them to communicate but when it comes to revs you just can’t really communicate and coordinate due to the absolute chaos of those rounds.

1 Like

It’s not only that, it’s the fact that it only takes one convert to act like this player did to completely blow your cover if it hadn’t been blown yet. That’s not helping your team and is also not good RP, it’s just blindly rushing to an objective.

It’s rare to see, but revs can and have done RP in the past. At bare minimum an effort should be made to work together in my opinion

2 Likes

I have yet to see that happen, but a revision is needed for more oppurtunity to RP rather than “rush B”

This is referring to a part of the ahelp where I said that rev’s do not technically have to follow the direct orders of the headrevs, but then I noticed the context and then asked about the not standing up, which was a code issue.

[2022-06-01 20:37:39.013] GAME: /(Casper Kamm) has gained antag datum Revolutionary(/datum/antagonist/rev)
[2022-06-01 20:44:32.873] ATTACK: /(Casper Kamm) has attacked /(Benjamin Thomas) with chainsaw (Wielded) (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 85.6) (Locker Room (186, 113, 2))
[2022-06-01 20:44:34.153] ATTACK: /(Aaron Marthin) has leg sweeped /(Casper Kamm) (NEWHP: 100) (Locker Room (185, 113, 2))
[2022-06-01 20:44:36.456] ATTACK: /(Aaron Marthin) has stomped nonlethally /(Casper Kamm) (NEWHP: 100) (Central Primary Hallway (181, 114, 2))
[2022-06-01 20:44:36.694] ATTACK: /(Casper Kamm) has punched /(Aaron Marthin) (NEWHP: 24.7) (Central Primary Hallway (181, 113, 2))
[2022-06-01 20:44:39.274] EMOTE: /(Casper Kamm) screams (Central Primary Hallway (179, 113, 2))
[2022-06-01 20:44:52.864] SAY: /(Casper Kamm) “ABUSE” (Restrooms (178, 111, 2))
[2022-06-01 20:44:54.350] ATTACK: /(Aaron Marthin) has handcuffed /(Casper Kamm) (NEWHP: 100) (Restrooms (179, 110, 2))
[2022-06-01 20:45:06.630] SAY: /(Casper Kamm) “ai help SEC HARMBATINING” (Central Primary Hallway (171, 121, 2))
[2022-06-01 20:45:10.693] ATTACK: /(Aaron Marthin) has neck chopped /(Casper Kamm) (NEWHP: 95) (Starboard Primary Hallway (172, 129, 2))

Attacking a secoffs while they were busting revolutionaries is making an effort (There was a massive crackdown on revolutionaries at this time, I at least remember observing that, but they obviously couldn’t get up so they got stuck stunned on the ground), and usual rev behavior to scream shitsec or whatnot on comms when being arrested.

This is on the shuttle, on quite the contrary Oilva Styles is the aggressor and (I believe) they weren’t revolutionary nor antag. Oilva attacks him into crit and goes off attacking other random people on the shuttle.

IMO

Revolutionaries as a gamemode is pretty bad for roleplay in-general, and I won’t hold anything against anyone who just does click until horizontal. And slight technical correction, they have 60 lines in say logs, 36 of which are after “ai help SEC HARMBATINING”, for a 40 minute round. Is it less than ideal? Sure.

(Not really a hard rebuttal just some log diving after the fact)

No general disagreements from me there, but I’m also referring to the time both before and after they were a rev; it’s not a case where their behavior changed more for the silent to prioritize their role as antag, that is just how they were from start to finish.

This on the other hand… this is not accurate. I’m not accusing you of doctoring the logs, but there should absolutely be logs of Casper attacking a window in this exact screenshot unless they were accidentally filtered out. Casper was attacked because he was smashing a window and refused to stop when told to, not for no reason.

I opened an Ahelp on Oliva in the round immediately preceeding this for poor behavior too, but that’s not really related to this thread.

Unless my logs are lying the only time casper attacked a window was at medbay

Maybe he had the chainsaw off so it did the default “slap” sound attack (no damage) ((Example: Attack someone with a piece of paper))

Summary

1 Like

This might be to do with the bug where, if you drop a chainsaw then pick it back up, it hits like it’s off but looks like it’s on. Is that logged?

1 Like

When a chainsaw is off it still does damage to objects, or at least it is supposed to. The window being attacked was cracked, though after testing the scenario myself, it seems that it was already cracked by someone else before they started slapping it.

Chainsaw is supposed to do damage, even when off. Slap sound effect happening is a bug (A known one apparently, but one which hasn’t been reported on github yet)

Third window did not break, and did not log into chat window or attack logs that I had been hitting it. Considering the player taunted* with the “watch me” when told to stop, I’d say they either didn’t know about this bugged interaction, or were trying to bait pretty much the exact response they got.

made github issue: Chainsaw interaction bug · Issue #7010 · BeeStation/BeeStation-Hornet · GitHub

As far as this report goes:

The only thing left to complain about is the general failure to RP to be given a second look and judgment.

I can confirm this happend (dont know if it makes any difference). I was observing that round and saw him get lynched on the ship for breaking the windows.

3 Likes

I’m having a stroke just reading Casper’s say logs. Christ, I didn’t know strokes were internet-transmissible.

There’s no logs of Casper hitting a reinforced window with a chainsaw.

Looking over the logs, they were PMed by Mystery in regards to their LRP behavior, including the one-word “MAINTS” yelling.

Looking over the logs of the round, myself, I do agree there was a massive failure to RP which should have been met with admin action past PMs.

I’ve talked to the moderator in question about this, and told them how they could be do better in the future.

Report processed.