[zoom9337] Admin Report

In-game misconduct:

CKEY: Chiryn

Your Discord: chiryn#1521

Offender’s CKEY: No idea, I forgot who handled my ticket.

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant):

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 07/06/2022

Round Number: 38577

Rules Broken (if relevant):

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant):

Incident Description: I was CMO that round, and this new virologist called Moona came up to me and said they didn’t know how to do virology. I explained the basics, and then asked the other virologist to teach them the rest so I could go take care of other things. Fast forward a bit later, they come out infected with a virus called “N pass” which I think dealt damage and it also made your skin darker. This part was my fault because I did not quarantine them and a lot of people got infected so I did my best to cure them all with the help of the chemists. Shortly after, a SECOND virus comes out called ‘N pass 2’ which Moona said it was inoffensive. By the time the first virus was released, I had sent an ahelp about the first virus and they said they handled it. I am still not entirely sure it was Moona who spread the viruses, being new and everything, because they seemed nice and clueless enough about it. I believe it’s fine if you accidentally release a virus as a new virologist but not to call it n pass and make it harmful for whatever reason.

Additional Information: Moona claimed the second virus was supposed to be inoffensive like the first one, or something along the lines, so I’m inclined to think it was them. I don’t know what action was taken against them, if any, because I feel like nothing had changed that round.

I handled the original “N pass” ahelp, with an appropriate response, you sure this is an admin report? Who is this a report for? This looks a lot more like a player report. And if there was a second virus that needed to be looked at, another ahelp should have been opened.

i cant speak for them ofc
but it was decided a while ago that for “this was handled but i think the judgement was wrong”, admin reports are the correct thing to do. Not player reports.

If the second virus was made in response to the bwoink, it sounds like the player making viruses thought the only issue was that it was damaging, not that it was a virus named “n pass” that turns people black.

1 Like

Yes, I am not reporting the admin in question.

You kinda are reporting them since you don’t think they handled the situation correctly, though.

1 Like

If you disagree with a decision an admin took during a round and wish to have us headmins get a deeper look into the situation and maybe change the result of the ticket, then an admin report is the correct way to go about it.
Admin reports don’t have to always result in actual punishment. Minor mistakes do happen as we’re still only humans afterall. I think that is something alot of people get wrong.

8 Likes

So, is anything going to come out of this or…?

1 Like

Its barely even been 3 days yet
shit takes time
have patience

2 Likes

There are currently reports that have been open for a month.

It’s gonna take some time I’m afraid

1 Like

Ah, right, thought it was left at that for whatever reason. Thanks

1 Like

I’ve reviewed the case and talked to the admin in question. After getting some added context, I agree, our response was incredibly light. It didn’t seem that the admin was aware of the second instance of the virus and would have reacted a bit harsher had they been made aware of the second iteration.

I have issued a permanent ban to the player in question. I frankly don’t believe that this is a lapse in judgement that a rational/average player would make. Let alone to make it twice (even if they misunderstood the original warning).

I have also spoken with the moderator who handled the incident and gave them some added direction and feedback.

4 Likes