Zero Tolerance needs to go and stay go

Before even starting, there’s nothing wrong with making a mistake and admitting you’re human. It’s okay. Anyone who holds a grudge against you for making a poor decision unintentionally is probably a bad person and not someone whose favor you need to curry.

That being said… admins need to learn how to actually admit their mistakes more often. No more of this “zero tolerance” bullshit, no more banning people and hiding behind “that’s the policy.” The rules aren’t like that, and they need to get redrafted to be significantly less vague if you want to be pulling this shit. There is clearly not a zero tolerance for almost anything and you know that. There are lines, yes, but they are NOT clearly drawn and pretending that they are is only going to cause more bullshit drama.

Admins really need to learn how to be responsible for their decisions. You can’t just point at policy and say “sorry, I don’t make the rules.” Not with the current ruleset. I’d argue not with any ruleset, but that’s an argument for another time.

Every single ban is a judgment call. Not all judgment calls are perfect, and that’s fine. You are not perfect, and that’s fine.

And again, this is a subject all its own, but it’s blatantly obvious most of the admins do not like or respect the community members. What there is to be done about that is something that should be discussed at some point, but for now probably the best thing would be to at least fake it. At least pretend you don’t hate the majority of the community.

It’s really upsetting to watch from the sidelines as both sides seethe at eachother desperately clawing at eachother’s throats, players writing petty admin reports and admins bad mouthing players in their private discord chat.

Surely we can be better than this…?

2 Likes

We use the forums for that. :sunglasses:

Also posting in a michiru thread.
Put me in the screen cap.

Come on Aeder. Surely you can see how frustrating this is?

I’ve only been here for like 3 months or so and in that time I’ve seen a lot of turmoil. It’s pretty sad.

edit: come to think of it I remember playing before halloween and refusing to make a forum account. My forum account age probably isn’t the best gauge.

2 Likes

Admins doing stupid shit and hiding behind some rules is really not motivation at all, knowing that if admins do something bad you cant do much about if its under some “rules”. I always tought admins would relate to the playerbase more because they used to be a player aswell, guess that doesnt apply that much.

1 Like

There’s no democracy between players nor admins. Anyone that can make a change is crossed himself and none else. When bee started to act like a US company that has 0 tolerance rules is a massive joke over a game such as space station 13. “He said nword?” ban!.

Some bans are completely ridiculous, enforcing rules as if they are the greatest and the only way into a loving community is not the way and it saddens me that I had to enforce this at certain times.

A lot of bans that occurs on sage specially new comers are constant server ban. We don’t care if a dude broke into bridge and got both server banned for it. Why is he even banned on lrp?

1 Like

other option. SHUT THE FUCK UP

EVERYTIME I OPEN THE GODAM FORUMS SEEKING TO SEE SOME “interesting topics” IM BLASTED BY 50 MAGGOT AND MICHU TREATHS, STOP FUCKING POSTING X5 A DAY YOU GODAM ATTENTION WHORE, GET A FUCKING LIFE
pd:put me in the screencap too

6 Likes

the relationship between admins and players has always been a lil tumultuous. a year ago i was telling xylana to die when they were headmin. there wasn’t even new policy or anything i was just mad at authority

also i really don’t know what you’re proposing. i really don’t

The only zero tolerance rule is ERP. Don’t’ do anything sexual and this won’t be a problem for you.

But that’s true. There are only ~5 people who can make the rules here. I can voice my opinion or suggest changes but ultimately I don’t make the rules.

This is simply not true. Some bans don’t need our judgement. Easy, obvious bans happen too.

I think it’s directed at somebody…

I can’t really due to the amount of straw man arguments and clear issues you have with the individual rules themselves, and as arch pointed out above, undertones of directed disagreements at an individual, and not on the policy or creation.

These points have been picked apart above already.

There’s no discussion to be had here as you yourself had said previously that you don’t answer questions, clarify your points or defend your opinions.

This thread appears mainly to be inflammatory and serve no purpose, like most of your threads, and only serves to cause drama.

I really don’t want to argue about it. I just want admins to act like humans.

It sucks that you shitpost in general then RP as Microsoft
customer support giving people the run around when they have actual problems.

Please stop…

1 Like

Like clockwork.
Locking this clear drama baiting thread as described by the end paragraph of my last post.