Yuri's Two year later admin app

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): yurivitch

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Yuri#0914

How often are you online to help? (Timezone): Im in EST, On weekdays I usually work until 4-5PM, Im hoping to be on for atleast an hour a day when I am not busy.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Im hoping to bring a slightly more active availability to the team

How old are you?: 18

Why do you want to be a moderator?: Im hoping I will be able to assist with tickets when they get backed up or when no one else is online.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Since ~April 2018

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: From may 28th 2019 to today, I have played for 1601 living hours and 347 ghost hours, 1948 in total

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: about an 8, I know most things but im not very well versed in things like fusion.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): 3, I messed around with admin things on a private server, but I likely have a lot to learn

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: As far as I remember, I have not

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: I do not have any.

Your strengths: Im usually patient with people, I like to talk things out more often than not.

Your weaknesses: Sometimes I can be a bit hard headed

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Murderbone and valid-hunting are what get me annoyed the most

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: The staff member should follow the rules but, making sure the round is enjoyable is also a plus.

What makes a staff team good?: A staff team that works together and communicates about issues and what can be done to solve them.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Ensuring the server rules are followed while still allowing fun to be had.

What kind of player are you?: Im an HoS main, I try to follow the SOP and space law as much as I can, but sometime Space law can be to harsh on a light crime.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I would probably not change too much, I might become stricter or more lenient depending on how it pans out.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: First things first, check the clown for an antagonist status, if they dont have any antagonist roles, check their previous notes for behavior similar to this aswell as their hours, while doing this, bwoink them and ask them why they spaced the gun, if they seem like a genuinely new player or they do not have previous notes about this behavior, Leave them with a note and let them know not to do it again, if they did have previous behavior like this then they would likely get slapped with a couple day ban, as for the gun, I would likely drop pod it into bridge with a report that a bluespace anomaly teleported the gun into centcomm or something else cheezy.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: First, since another admin is cleaning it up, I can assume they are a griefer or dont have a hijack objective, but it would be good to check anyway, if they do not have a hijack objective, put them into the admin jail so they cannot cause anymore damage, bwoink them asking why they are doing that, although this ahelp is likely pointless as that was a pretty major grief, if they genuinely didnt know any better, Give them a major note and likely a month ban, although I would likely need to consult with another admin for the length, Otherwise ask a headmins permission for a perma ban.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: I would bwoink them, ask what happened, if they have low hours or didnt know any better, I would likely leave them a light note and link them to the chemistry wiki page for them to read up on the mixtures

5 Likes

Overall solid app, I don’t see anything to comment on particularly. However, I would like to get a peek at your reasonings when dealing with admin issues and how you decide to approach things, so here are my questions:

1. You receive a ticket stating: “Jonathan Garland, the HOS, is being a complete dickhead and just fullstripped me before sending me to lavaland!!!”. While investigating, you notice the player who made the ticket is a non-antag and the records console states he has been arrested for “being a traitor”. What do you do?

2. You are observing a round when you receive a ticket from the Captain asking if he can help security arrest traitors. The player has 100 hours and it is their first captain round. What do you answer?

3. You are observing a round, and notice an bartender working in the bar. You orbit him for a few minutes and notice he often uses “based/bruh” and one time told a client that had no money “L+Creditless+Greyshit+Go cry to hop”. What do you do if anything?

4. While adminning you receive an ahelp from a player that states :“Hey, can I open a makeshift weapons shop and sell spears and stuff to the crew?”. The player has 2 hours on the server, is playing non-antag assistant, and the round has just begun. How do you respond?

5. Assume you have fullmin perms for this question. Someone prays to you: “Hey, the brig phys gave me medicine, and I think it would be really funny if you could kill me, but in a theatric way, to make them believe I had a bad reaction and was allergic”. What do you do, if anything?

4 Likes
  1. First, depends on whether they where send via the teleporter or through the shuttle, if it was through the teleporter, the teleporter automatically gives them prisoner attire and stores their items separately which they can grab when they finish their sentence, if it was via the shuttle and they did not actually commit a capital crime worth a permanent sentence then this would be a no-no, next would be to bwoink the HoS ask them why (Person who ahelped)‘s name is being sent to the gulag and how many points (if any) they where given, if they committed a Misdemeanor+ crime, they should reply with the proper points (1000, 1500, Perma for capital), If they have been sent down there for “Just being a traitor”, ask them if they had a trial for them as space law states that anyone that was once on the crew manifest must be given a trial before conviction under EOTC with the exception of heretics. If they where not given a proper trial and sent there for a permanent sentence then I would check the HoS’ notes to see if they have previously had any notes for this type of behavior, If they have not remind them to read up on space law and give them a warning About not following space law (1.3) otherwise they may very likely get a ban if they have done this behavior before. Otherwise if they committed a proper crime remind the HoS to tell the Warden about the criminal and crime to update their records.

2. I would let them know that it is not acceptable for the Captain to assist security with arresting criminals unless they view a crime being committed as of the Captain SOP, I would also link them to the SOP and remind them to read up on it.

3. I open a ticket with them and ask them about the things they are saying while checking their previous notes and time, If they have no previous notes about this and have low hours I would leave them with a note about what they said (Rule 1.6). If they have previous notes about this behavior or have notes high enough to know not to do this, they would likely get a 1 - 3 day ban depending on how many notes they have about this behavior.

4. Tell them that this would not be acceptable under rule 2.1/2 and instead suggest a different gimmick Such as selling paintings or Loaning themselves out to a department in need.

5. (Since they prayed, they accept adminbus under R0.4) (Although I currently don’t know how to do this exactly, by the time I get fullmin perms I will likely learn how to do things such as this)
    I think this would provide a good opportunity for some fun within the round, First it would be a good idea to update their medical records to include and allergy to (Medicine they where given), It would start out small like them getting Hives or a Rash (Mostly shown by them Them being itchy or through (Similar to the message you get when you mutate) a message that says they seem to be getting redder or have strange bumps on their skin) or an elevated body temperature to simulate having a fever, over time it would transition to Suffocation to simulate (anaphylaxis) which could be treated with epinephrine.

thank you for applying!!! :muscle:
I’ll just briefly review the app, then ask a couple of my own questions!

For these kinds of obvious grief, you can permaban even without authorisation from an admin (of course, it would be better if you did manage to get it!).
A note, or month-long ban really wouldn’t be enough. They would just get back in and do it again.

Overall the answers were very good!

I’ll ask a couple of questions myself now!

1. You notice a player who keeps using netspeak (thx, lol, among us and other memes, etc). You bwoink them, but they don’t reply. You wait a few minutes, but still no reply. In the meanwhile they’re just running around the station. What would you do? (keep in mind you’d be a moderator)

2. A virologist (traitor without martyr objective) released a very deadly virus that ends up killing a dozen people for no particular reason, other than to cause havoc. What would you do?

3. A traitor hacks into engineering to get a toolbelt. An engineer reports this to security. When the traitor is caught they start accusing the engineer and the officer of being “metafriends”, then they say in LOOC “im calling an admin you’re getting banned” and “im so sick of metafriends”.

:warning: PS (important!): :warning:
After looking into your activity, i noticed you just came back (last week) to bee after a very long break. Could you explain this? I would prefer admins to be active members of the community for a bit, before becoming part of staff.

1 Like
  1. Because they are not answering and if they are continuing to netspeak they would likely eat a short ban (R1.6)(Likely one day) and be linked to the rules.

2. Clear breach of R13.4, First, Bwoink them, get their side of the story check and their previous history, have they done this before?
    Yes: They have been told to knock this behaviour off before, Likely would be a perma (Would be a good idea to get in touch with another admin/headmin to see if they agree with the punishment)
    No: Would be atleast a week ban, with a longer antag ban and a High severity note about their actions (Im not well versed in acceptable lengths so I would very likely need to consult another admin about the length)

3. This would be a breach of R7.8, You are not allowed to threaten other players with admin intervention, I would bwoink them ask them to relax and get their side of it, let them know that it is not acceptable to threaten with admin intervention and if they are understanding and co-operative, leave them with a note about their actions, if they continue or are belligerent this would instead be escalated to a day ban.

4. I was having trouble with my living situation and had to focus on that for a while.

Usually, in order to force a discussion, we permaban them until they appeal on forums.
Perma until appeals works better in the long term, since this way it’s easier to make these people understand what rules they broke.

If you’re new asking other admins for some input is absolutely the correct thing to do.
But remember that as a moderator (initially) you’ll have to ask for authorisation for every ban longer than 3 days.

sounds good!

That is completely 100% understandable. You absolutely made the right decision. IRL always comes before a videogame.

However, you have just played two full rounds after a 4-ish months break.
While i do believe you have a lot of potential as a staff member! i would like to wait at least a month before giving you a +1.
Today i will give you a -1, but don’t be discouraged!! i would love to see you here again in a month.
There’s no “playtime quota” you’d have to hit before applying, but i do believe that being an active member of the community is necessary in order to become an admin.

T: -1

4 Likes

Work is getting a bit busy and I dont know when it will slow down, thank you all for your time, Please close this.

2 Likes

ok
Feel free to try again when you get more time on your hands, we can always use more staff.