Yourmotherisoflowiq (Vince Randolph) Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Yourmotherisoflowiq

**Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):**Ecologist Cheese#8460

**How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):**Gmt+1 I expect a decrease in my online hours due to a college course starting after the summer but I still expect to be able to put at least a few hours in. I am usually active around 12am-10 pm.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I believe I’d be able to encourage more rp by increasing the time an admin is on meaning it would be harder for people to grief, I would also hope to try to answer prayers and maybe do some small ghost roles for people such as interns to try to encourage RP.

**How old are you?:**18

Why do you want to be an admin?: I wish to see a higher standard of roleplaying and less self antagging as although I used to do a lot of poor roleplaying and self antagging I believe I have changed in recent months.

How long have you been playing SS13?: I started playing in September 2020.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: I have been playing Beestation since I started and have 1,518 hours.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: I’d say a 7.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: I would say around 4 although I do not have prior experience as an admin on any servers, nor admittedly have I hosted any private servers to test the tools, I believe I would do well and would be able to quickly learn the tools used.

**Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:**No.

**Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:**I do not.

Your strengths: I believe that once set to a task I will accomplish it at all costs.

**Your weaknesses:**I can be a poor multi-tasker and sometimes if I have a large workload I may try to rush the work so as not to delay.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Nothing specific makes me mad fast although I do find valid hunting rather annoying even if I used to do it a lot.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Being able to prioritize work and being able to meet deadlines.

What makes a staff team good?: I believe clear communication between staff is what makes it work well as it keeps others informed.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To keep order on the server and stop issues from happening, whether it be issues with items or a player.

What kind of player are you?: I have always preferred playing on sage even if my behaviour in the past was sometimes poor for its standards, when golden was available I rarely played it.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I believe i will become more level headed and focused.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
I would ask the clown why they did this and check if the hos had done something to the clown i.e. assaulted them or tried to arrest them for an unjust crime, if none had happened I would check if they had a history of doing this and if so I’d apply a job ban from clown, if not I’d try to explain why they cannot do this as it is an important item and would give them a warning.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
I would check if their account is new and check their actions throughout the round as it could give an indication of atmos knowledge thus meaning they’re potentially a grief account/evader if they did not show knowledge of atmos i would give them a temporary job ban from atmos and try to link a guide to explain what went wrong as this may have been an accident from poor understanding of atmos.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
I would check his history to see if this is a repeated offence, but seeing as it seems like an accident I would tell them to show more caution in future and try give them tips on how to reduce the chances of this occuring.

6 Likes

I will be unable to reply for a while as i made this before going to sleep

1 Like

Sorry for the fact this has gone unreplied to for so long.

Maybe return the HoS gun too, if it was unjustly destroyed.

Fair enough, I would say the most important thing to do is ask them why they did it. Most non-shitters will be able to give a good enough reason for how it was an accident while most shitters wont be able to give a good reason. Checking when their account was made is also important like you mentioned, if it was made less then a week ago and they demonstrate advanced knowledge of atmos, there is a decent change they’re an evader.

Sounds good.

Okay, besides your responses you have 1562 hours logged on bee with only a handful of bans. Your note history is very good.

Some other admins might want to ask you questions and stuff, but for now you get my +1.

As part of your application review, I observed you for the entirety of a random round. This one, you were playing as a cargo tech. You spent the beginning of the round searching maintenance for gamer loot, ignoring crates and metal, and picking up a butcher’s cleaver, an improvised shotgun, an armor vest, and advanced sunglasses, as well as a full toolbelt and a throwing star. (the shotgun was later left in the cargo bay) It took until the fifteen minute mark to interact with another player, and that was a simple ‘hello’. You later acquired an RCD from the cargo lathe, and an extended capacity oxygen tank from the crate outside atmos. Your next interaction (at half an hour) was to ask for the abandoned crate from Mining, and answering someone who came to the desk with a question.

No work for Cargo was completed, besides answering desk questions when someone would be there when you came to print materials for your maintenance house. Next initiated interaction was at forty minutes, where you asked the captain for their bedsheet. After this, while cracking your crate, you had a good interaction with someone, explaining how the abandoned crate puzzle works. You worked on your maintenance house, and then announced your desire to cryo at one hour and five minutes.

I ran this past the applicant ingame, to make sure there were no inaccuracies or errors. I have summarized his clarification below.
Clarification from ‘Yourmotherisoflowiq’: He used the shotgun to break a computer in his way getting into a room, and ditched it in the cargo bay after. He has expressed that his objective in searching Maintenance was to acquire a maintenance fridge, for his house project that he was planning since the start of the round, and indeed his search ended once he had found it.

On account of my observations of this round… any one thing, such as taking your time away from your job to pursue a project, or having little RP, or hoarding powerful loot from Maintenance wouldn’t be such a big deal, but as-is I feel that your behavior ingame is not really in line with what I would feel is proper behavior for a future administrator.

I’m putting my evaluation at a tentative -1, but I’m open to be convinced otherwise.

T: 0

1 Like

My major issue is this: Spacing the HOS’s gun as non-antag is self antag under the rules, pretty cut and dry on that.

Issue here, in the scenario it is obvious that they are knowledgeable in the game. They are a non antag pumping plasma into distro and dragging an open plasma can around, these are pretty obvious signs of a griefer. It’s basically spelled out, and while I can appreciate your response is not wanting to ban someone new, grief accounts and real new accounts look very, very similar, and the only way you can tell them apart is by user behavior.

Given Inithis’ report, and given the fact that you have still been relatively recently reminded to up your RP standards I’m also gonna have to put a -1 here.

T-1

As other staff have not really elected to give this application any consideration, I’m going to go with the sum of the limited opinions posted and deny this.

You are welcome to try again in the future, however.