Yourmotherisoflowiq moderator app

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
Yourmotherisoflowiq

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
Ecologist cheese#8460

How often are you online to help? (Timezone):
Hopefully, at a very minimum an hour a day and that would only be if I was busy with other things, ideally more than 2 hours a day or so (GMT).

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
Trying to ensure less tickets go unanswered I suppose and more rounds have staff in them.

How old are you?:

Why do you want to be a moderator?:
discord moderators’ propaganda got through to me.

How long have you been playing SS13?:
About a year and a half
How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
about a year and a half

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
uh about a 6 or 7.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games):
1 my only experience is mashing buttons when I was doing a private server to mess around with things.

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
No
Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
No
Your strengths:
I like to think that i can remain focused on tasks and keep a clear head.
Your weaknesses:
I did used to sometimes get quite salty at people but i feel I’ve gotten a lot better and no longer get as mad or so frequently.
Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
I try not get mad at things but, bug abuse with the intent to ruin other peoples rounds.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
Good communication skills and focus.

What makes a staff team good?:
Teamwork, communication and clear objectives to work towards.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To manage the playerbase while they play ensuring rules are followed and rounds happen smoothly and deal with people causing issues.
What kind of player are you?:
Uh, not too sure honestly.
How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
Probably less time as an actual player and more time spent moderating games.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:

I’d first check the logs of the round and check the hos’s behaviour and also if the clown is an antag. The reason for checking the logs if the clown is a non antag is that if the hos has done something to the clown, i may need to bwoink both of them. If the clown has specifically been targeting the hos a note may be in order or a ban if it seems likely to be grief or repeated behaviour

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:

I’d first ask him why he did it and i’d also check his logs in the round to see if this was the only instance of this kind of behaviour and i’d also check his account hours to check if it’s possibly an evader or griefer. If there is strong evidence to suggest grief/evade i’d most likely permaban them or in the very unlikely case that there is somehow a reasonable excuse which there likely won’t at minimum a 3day ban.

However it seems pretty clear that it’s a griefer so most likely a permaban to summarise.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:

I’d most likely not get involved as it doesn’t seem it needs staff involvement unless its repeated behaviour in which i may warn him to not do it if it seems intentional or ask him to be more cautious.

8 Likes

You have alot of bans and also notes but most of them are rather old at this point. You do have a rather meme/shitpost/joke side to yourself but i think you changed a little in that regard aswell. My interactions with you ingame and on discord were enjoyable from what i remember though. I overall think you have improved to for example last year.

I’m going to post some questions either today or tomorrow. (Will edit this post instead of making a new one probably.)

1 Like

hello! I’d love to see you as a moderator, good luck with the application!
In the meanwhile, I’d like to ask you a simple question to break the ice:

• “is this server LRP or MRP or what?”

(these kind of ahelps are more common than you might think)
good luck! :muscle:

We strive for good roleplay consistent with a standard MRP level and try to stave off hallmarks of lrp such as internet slang being used in character “IDK, xd, lol etc.” We also discourage valid hunting and power gaming instead focusing on interactions. ( i assumed your question was asking for an explanation of our roleplay goals and not just a simple we are x or y answer).

1 Like

Sure, that works.
I’d also link them to our rules page.
Alright, good luck with the questions! :muscle:

Questions time, these are rather hard questions and it’s fine if you get them wrong. Try to answer them to the best of your abilities!

1. You notice a botanist growing deathnettles. They only seem to have made around three or four of them, attacked a monkey with them and then removed the plant from the tray. They are not an antagonist and after looking at their notes you can see that they have a watchlist entry for antag rolling and that they’ve been noted before for minor xenobiology powergaming. Anything wrong with what they did here? If yes how would you continue on in regards to bwoinks?

2. You are ingame as an engineer and deadminned. You are just doing your things until you receive the alarm that the SM is rapidly loosing its integrity. After rushing to the chamber you see that the whole SM chamber has been filled up with walls and that multiple CO2 canisters are hooked up to a vent that is directly below the SM crystal. Seconds later the SM teslas and dusts you. After readminning you check that the guy who did that was a non antagonist and their account being very new. They do not have any notes or bans. What if anything do you do?

3. You are a newly minted moderator just coming straight out of training and being alone on highpop sage. When you notice a prayer coming in: “Do your worst”. What if anything do you do?

1. So first off, the fact that it was a low quantity of death nettles, I’d check the cargo bounty list as they might have been made to help with a bounty (the way I read it, not all of them are fully used to attack the monkey?, sorry if I read it wrong) such as organs/death nettles as them removing it from the tray seems to indicate that they’re not planning on growing vast quantities. However due to their notes, I would keep an eye on them to verify their purpose, if I feel it’s a bit unclear after watching them I may ask them to clarify why they grew them as this could just as well be powergaming as it could have an actual purpose.

2. Well I would ask them why they did it but the evidence here strongly points to an evade/grief account. Most likely they are going to get a permaban and tell them to appeal on forums unless there was a third party involvement (i.e. someone tells him to do it when he asks coworkers for help if he is actually a new account).

3. Forgive my potential ignorance, but moderators do not have perms for adminbus no?, if i am somehow confused in this matter i would most likely keep it to something very restrained/small scale like maybe a brain trauma such as imaginary friend or split personality as it being highpop i don’t want to give them something that may cause trouble when trying to moderate.

1 Like

Good answer here. It’s fine to create a couple deathnettles if you use them for testing out stuff. Keeping an eye out on them because of their record is not a bad idea either.

This is more or less a good answer but you missed the trap. Basically, you got dusted by said tesla and are thus involved. Obvious grief situations can allow you act even if you’re involved though. You didn’t hint at this at all in your answer though.

This was a trick question aswell and you actually got it right. The right answer is to not do anything as moderators per admin conduct are not allowed to touch or answer prays in any capacity. This is not one of these “what would you do if you had the perms questions”. Good answer here ;).

I stand with what i said above. I think you have improved alot overall, especially in regards to your behaviour on discord and your last note is already rather old. I’m interested to see how you would do as a moderator, given the fact that you were a meme/shitposter a while back that did improve in my opinion.

+1

T: +1

1 Like
  1. You perma and sticky a griefer / ban evader, why would or wouldn’t you try to be funny in the ban reason?

2. As a staff member, typically your interactions have to be a bit more reserved / serious when chatting in #general, since you’re a member of staff and a reflection of the team. Do you think you’d be able to be serious when needed?

3. Several lizard players consistently give each other genetic mutations and other mildly powerful items, ignoring other players trying to interact with them. These players RP with each other, but barely RP with other players. Is there a way to fix this? Is it a problem? What do you think?

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply

1. Being funny in the ban reason may give off the wrong impression for the ban reason and cause confusion amongst the community​ as to why the person was banned. Although the ban reason is allowed to have some humour it should still include the essential details/purpose of the ban.

2. Yes I believe so.

3. Well although missing a bit of detail regarding genetic mutations I am assuming what is meant is they’d be constantly giving each other combat mutations & hang about in the lab all shift, this would warrant a bwoink for power gaming as multiple shifts in a row (excluding reasons which may warrant it) they’d have no need for (what I’m assuming to be combat mutations in this example) . On top of this although rping with friends is fine it should not be done shift after shift if it means that no one else can rp with you. I would bwoink them to warn them of power gaming/note them if it’s a long-standing issue and if they continue it a ban for power gaming and I would remind them that although its fine to rp with friends they should try make an effort to include others or failing that at least not completely ignore them.

1 Like

Hello, i’m back with the role of admin, i’d like you to reply to these three ahelps as if you were a moderator (not admin, but you still have access to tools like logs, notes etc).
Answers don’t need to be perfect, i’d just like to see your approach:

1. “the warden called MALF AI 10 minutes in the shift just because cams were x ray”

Warden did, in fact, say “Malf AI going loud. we have upgraded cam”. And the AI is indeed malfunctional.
Warden is a 300 hours player, and has no recent notes.

1. “this is the second shift in the row that captain goes SSD in the same way. Last time they woke up and right after they said they had to go cryo: this time they’re just SSD.”

The captain in question is a 150 hours account, with a medium severity note that warns about antag-rolling.

1. “captain said: i am morbing up”

The captain did in fact say this over the radio and in an announcement. They are a 100 hours account with no notes.

While I appreciate the application, I can’t really get a good impression of how you’d behave as a staff member in comparison to now, where your behavior is somewhat iffy at times, and not exactly befitting of a staff member. It should be said that this is by no means a denied application, and I’ll wait for others to chip in their opinions, but I’ll be abstaining from this, myself.
± 0

T: +1

1 Like

Aight, sorry for the delayed reply

1. I kinda feel this is a bit lacking in details so I’d first check the logs to see if the warden had found any other evidence of a malf ai (i.e. he saw a borg attacking someone, machines being blown up etc) as this may warrant his case of claiming a malf ai and lend less evidence to the metagame aspect of this question, however, if I fail to find any evidence of this I’d ask his reasoning for calling the ai malf and see if maybe he was confused/didn’t know about camera upgrades if I think it’s an honest mistake I’d explain to him how he shouldn’t call ai malf over such flimsy evidence and maybe apply a note/short ban, however, if I have reason to believe this was not a mistake and instead a case of metagaming I would possibly note and give a short ban as they have no history of bans or previous behaviour.

2.This seems like a pretty clear case of antag rolling and since I cannot reach them (due to SSD) I would permaban them asking them to explain on forums.

1. Well, seeing as 100 hours is semi newish i’d probably let them off lightly with a bwoink telling them not to do this kind of thing as we expect a level of rp higher than what they are doing, but if they seem argumentative in the bwoink it may be upgraded to a note
  1. Yes, this was a difficult ahelp to deal with, but you successfully managed to classify it as metagame-y. The punishment was also appropriate.
  2. Permabanning is too much, even if they have a note about the same behaviour (also you need authorisation before isssuing any bans longer than 3 days, this is very important. Admin Policy & Conduct - BeeStation Wiki). Antag banning them for a few days would be more appropriate.
  3. Always note incidents, since you wouldn’t otherwise know if they repeat their behaviour. Also, you should be more strict to heads when enforcing the rules (especially roleplay related).

I will give you a +1, but I’d like to see your replies to the other admins questions! Good luck and be on your best behaviour!

T: +2

Cheese-wiz requested that I post that his latest discord warn was from me telling him to do it. I don’t remember what I said but I do remember telling him to do it

dont care lol
they shoulda known better

Not that a shitty meme ping would be indicative in either direction anyways (unless its a habit i guess, then it might)

Sorry this app stayed this long without any answer. I was personnally unsure about your app as your behaviour on discord seemed subpar at time for a staff member.

I would like to ask two questions:
Do you still feel motivated to become a moderator?
And if so:

Could you expand on this?

Some of your activity in the discord makes me question whether or not you’d take being staff seriously, or if you would even represent us in a good light. That combined with a pretty notable drop in recent activity leads to me giving this a -1.

1 Like

Hi, sorry for the delay yes I am still interested.

Multiple people on discord repeatedly suggested for people to apply, so i figured i may as well try again.

1 Like

Going to have to sadly close this due to a complete lack of basically any ingame activity in the past month.

You are free to apply at a later date once your activity has substantially improved again.