YoshimiWasTaken application admin (edited to hopefully better standards)

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): YoshimiWasTaken

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Sleepiest of Sheepies#4058

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): EST, it varies a lot, because my sleep schedule varies a lot

What changes, if any, would you bring?: I intend to shape up the lousy excuse for MRP, it’s more like LRP honestly.

How old are you?: Eighteen

Why do you want to be an admin?: I want to shape up Bee and make MRP have actual roleplay, I would probably be pretty strict on rules.

How long have you been playing SS13?: At least a year now, I think.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: 564 hours

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: I want to say about 5? 5.6? I know there’s probably plenty to learn, and I can’t really be ‘robust’ as they say. I understand botany and cooking pretty well, and I am good at finding necessary items on the wikipage. I’ve mostly done botany though.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: Seven, probably, I haven’t really been an admin on SS13 before, I have however ran a server on Discord for roleplay, and me along with a staff team keep it running, even if it’s slow.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: On Discord, I run a roleplay server where I’m head admin, I keep the peace and somehow find enough time to roleplay inbetween.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: Not that I can think of, my sister has a BYOND, but she doesn’t really like this game.

Your strengths: Determined, kind, and a firey passion for justice

Your weaknesses: I may on a rare occasion get cranky, it’s probably nobody’s fault though my sleep schedule is just fucked.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: People being assholes, and people abusing any second chances I give them, they were common starting out my discord but I’ve learned the hard way to get a fist of iron. It may bring up one or two problems, but at this point like I mentioned before, I’ve learned to keep my guard up.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Patience, most likely, you’ll be dealing with a lot of shitters and will need to mind your temper.

What makes a staff team good?: Teamwork and determination!

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Making sure the game stays fun, and making sure people that break rules and ruin the game are punished, at least for admins. Mentors are like the wise old men that give you well needed wisdom.

What kind of player are you?: I usually just goof around in Botany or something, either that or observe and hope someone grabs a pAI for the road. I try to help with any cargo bounties and anything the chef/barkeep need, otherwise right off the shuttle I usually run for a multitool and screwdriver to hack the vending machines. I have a specific way I act on MRP compared to LRP, there’s considerably more goofing off (and leaving floorpills of mutation toxins for pranks, I’m technically not accountable for this one!) on LRP, and I make an effort to roleplay to the best of my ability.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I feel like my patience will be tested again and again, maybe while I try to ‘fix’ Beestation Sage, it will end up ‘fixing’ me and I learn to be a bit more firm on Discord, I’m pretty soft.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Warn the clown and return the gun, it’s an antag objective after all.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: ‘cleaning up the after effects’ like dealing with the air? I’d probably make sure he didn’t do it on accident, add a note, ban him if it was an on purpose thing. Before that though I should probably double check if the admin cleaning up is the one the ticket’s for.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Honestly? I don’t know how you ‘accidentally’ make an explosion, but if it’s really accidental I’d most likely let it slide and leave it be, everyone makes mistakes now and again.

Bump because looks good. Couple things though:

You should probably still warn him on lrp too and dont forget to return the item if it’s an antag obj

Water and potassium are two starting elements on a chem dispenser and they lead to a small explosion

:sweat_smile: ah, right, sorry, I did this so early in the morning I probably wasn’t at my finest :stuck_out_tongue: Of course lrp, I’m just saying most of my focus is on mrp and making there be actual roleplay :stuck_out_tongue:

I figured everyone knew not to mix potassium and water though? Shit happens and I can understand, say, an accident while trying to make meth (something I have yet to attempt, I don’t plan to do that though I’ll just stick to my space drugs thanks), didn’t think that

This is the first time SleepySheepy has posted

Meh. I think administration staff should spend some measure of time on the forum, as well as the Discord.

intend to shape up the lousy excuse for MRP, it’s more like LRP honestly.

Could always use another Templar in my imminent crusade

I want to shape up Bee and make MRP have actual roleplay.

Can you elaborate on how you would seek to accomplish that?

want to say about 5? 5.6? I know there’s probably plenty to learn, and I can’t really be ‘robust’ as they say.

Can you elaborate? Note that “skill” doesn’t necessarily equate to combat ability. In short - what have you learned from 500 hours plus of playing?

Seven, probably, I haven’t really been an admin on SS13 before

Seven is fairly confident, especially for someone who hasn’t adminned on SS13 before. Where does this confidence originate from?

People being assholes, and people abusing any second chances I give them, they were common starting out my discord but I’ve learned the hard way to get a fist of iron.

Oh dear. If people being assholes set you off, wouldn’t that interfere with your ability to handle hostile ahelps? It crops up quite often.

I usually just goof around in Botany or something, either that or observe and hope someone grabs a pAI for the road

You described what you play - I think the question is more focused on how you play. Can you elaborate along those lines?

I feel like my patience will be tested again and again, maybe while I try to ‘fix’ Beestation Sage, it will end up ‘fixing’ me and I learn to be a bit more firm on Discord, I’m pretty soft.

Burnout is very much a thing. Do you feel equipped to handle regular stress without losing your sanity?

Scenario 1

Ha. You fell for the same classic blunder that I did. Give the on-forum rules another look.

Scenario 2

What would firmness specifically entail in this context?

Scenario 3

Again - what would letting it slide specifically entail?

Ah thank you, I’ll touch it up accordingly and add more details :sweat_smile: sorry. I don’t know about the stress thing, though at this point I’d get more stress playing without trying to improve

Thanks. Yeah, I guess that’s good motivation for wanting to be staff - but again, it raises the question. If just playing stresses you out, do you think you’d be right for administration?

To me, if I’m an admin, at least I can try and fix what’s making me stressed (for example, the one time someone with hulk kept breaking into science and the miners were being a nuisance), so even if I don’t stop being stressed, the players can because I’ll pull tighter on the leash, so to speak, so murderboning and self antagging aren’t the norm.

Could you further elaborate on what the miners did?

On Discord, I run a roleplay server where I’m head admin, I keep the peace and somehow find enough time to roleplay inbetween.

What kind of Roleplay? wink wink

Hehe, not that sort of roleplay. Usually. And NSFW stuff’s hidden by default anyways. We have space rp, Hetalia, one with a bunch of fandoms, and a few that I don’t think are really working though if the idea I had works with the space one (think SS13 but a text adventure like that old one with the grue) I may try to revive my lab rp, I had a lot of fun with that. Shame people stopped using them. :stuck_out_tongue:

they were acting like assholes, and I feel like they were the ones to get the hulked out person to smash through. Fixed the table, used the shutters, and the hulk person broke through again. Can’t remember round ID or anything, so I’m probably just going to forget the whole thing eventually. But this is why I want to be an admin, I want to in a way try to fight against that, against powergamers and griefers.

That’s something a lot of people (myself included) can get behind. But what would you do if they were power gaming/griefing YOU and you were a admin?

I mean clearly it’s against the admin conduct the RIGHT thing to do would most likely be to get another admin, after all it wouldn’t be impartial if I were dealing with it.

From my understanding you’re allowed to investigate things involving yourself but not act on them.

Well just to be safe, I can be a bit…impulsive sometimes with that. It’d be better to alert a fellow admin.

People will be dicks to you if you’re an admin. An iron fist is fine so long as you know when to use it. Going full respect muh authoritah isn’t good, but neither is being overly gentle. I hope your experience with a roleplaying discord helped you strike a balance between the two extremes.

Fine, no complaints there.

Good. This should be the primary objective of all admins, ensuring the server’s vision is implemented in the way that is most fun for everyone.

The person doing this is almost certainly a hardcore griefer and should be permanently banned.

Potassium and water or overheating some chemicals like N2O or meth.

Good.

You also have an almost completely clean note history. Looking good so far. Now, on to questions:

1: LRP. Assistant gets AA and walks into the armoury. Warden spots him and kills him. Second assistant walks in, gets shot at by the warden with his shotgun, then kills the warden. Did anyone here break any rules?

2: MRP. AI gets purged by the captain and immediately turns on upload lethals, killing the captain. The CE breaks into the AI Sat to kill the AI, and the AI kills him too. Did anyone break rules?

3: You note a player for accidentally opening a plasma canister, as they claim they are new. Later they open a second one. What do you do?

1. Going off of…I think the recent rulings tab? Whoever gave the assistants AA, HOP shouldn’t give out AA like candy. And if the assistants aren’t antags they’ve probably broken a rule or two too. To my knowledge Disco, shooting an assistant with beanbags isn’t fatal and is essentially escalation. It wouldn’t be overescalation since you can jump to steps 3-5 if the tresspassing takes place in an area like the vault or armory, a high security area.

2. Well there isn’t technically a rule AGAINST purge lawset. Maybe the AI was preparing to be a dick if they really did have the lethals on immediately, and on MRP they’re supposed to act as the crew would while being a purged AI. (thanks Archanial!)

3. Fix any damage for people getting affected, probably ban them from jobs like Atmospherics where they can cause even more issues. And scientist if it’s out of Toxins.And if they manage to do it a third time it’s a ban. And check if they’re really new, they may be lying.

On MRP purged AIs have to act like normal crewmember would (in good faith) and lethaling captain breaks that rule. Also captain is allowed to purge it in order to upload custom lawset.

1 Like

Ah, thank you I guess that I wasn’t fully understanding it. I’ll correct my previous post thank you for that.

Can you explain your first answer a bit more?

My own question;

(LRP) An assistant walks into the brig and the warden shoots him 40 times point blank with bean bags to fuck around while detaining him for tresspassing. Game-mechanics and rule-wise, what happened?