Your Discord: belone#3060

Offender’s CKEY:yorpan

LRP or MRP server: mrp

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant):idk

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 05.15.2020

Round Number:19909

Rules Broken (if relevant):

Part of Admin Conduct Broken (if relevant):

Incident Description:The chief engineer was attempting to overload the singularity into stage 4 by setting the PA to 3, yes it is *theoretically* possible to contain a stage 4 but it's practically impossible, so all i do is follow my laws and spam click the PA power level with yorpan then dm'ing me with "FUCKING STOP", he then kicks me so i would stop setting the PA to 0, and then he bans me for an hour.
1 Like

You were asked multiple times to stop fucking spamming and you kept fucking spamming, I kicked you for spamming, you kept spamming after being kicked, so I banned you 1 hour for spamming.

Since the source of your spamming was just deconstructed you are now unbanned. Please don’t spam like that again.

And preferably wait until a round is over before writing a report, unlisted this thread for now since it’s an ongoing round.

You need to be clear what you mean, you never told me to stop stop spamming you only said “FUCKING STOP” and “why are you not followong what he said”

3 Likes

Well sorry if you didn’t understand what I was referring to, but my screen was looking like this and you were making it impossible to admin the server:

And it goes on like this for pages

2 Likes

This is essentially what I said as well. This is horrible ticket conduct, and admins can’t expect players to know when the admin log is being spammed… especially when the warning is that pointed and vague.

2 Likes

Yes I understand it was dumb of me to assume you knew what the issue was about.
And in retrospect I understand you did assume he was releasing a singularity, and trying to prevent that was just following your Law 1.
I’m sorry if I caused you headache.

Relevant example of more bad ticket/admin conduct

TL;DR is that he job banned a sec for mass searching/mindshielding people on blue alert on cultie round, and didn’t explain anything in the ahelp, and accused them of lying in the ban reason due to not checking to see if what they said was accurate.

2 Likes

I agree that I handled this OPs ticket badly, but the one you are linking to only stems down to a disagreement on a particular ruling, which was reiterated by the head admin at the end of the thread, including per their suggestion being immediately reduced to a note before the next round even started.

1 Like

No. that’s literally how sec has been for YEARS. There was no ruling against it, ever.

2 Likes

Take it up in a different thread, that is not what this topic is about. Also stop comparing apples to oranges please, that was a ban appeal, this is an admin report.

And to be honest you’re sort of cherry-picking your favorite admin response while completely ignoring the head admin response just below it.

Ok. So. One of the most respected and well versed admins didn’t say it was 100% bullshit, but they did say it was still pretty bullshit and should’ve only been a note at most. Then the other extremely respected and well versed admin, @Caecilius , rebutted @Ruko by pointing out if the guy hadn’t immediatly gone to stun then the clock culties could literally have just instantly teleported away, and we never got to see what she thought about that.

It’s literally your biggest fuckup and is another (and much much stronger) example of how you mishandle ahelps. It’s relevant because it’s about the exact same thing this report is about: Bad Ahelp behavior and bad bans.

1 Like

This has been discussed internally and I’m now moving to process it.

First off, this is a really poorly handled ticket. At no point is the player told what they’re accused of, thus leaving them with no proper means of explaining or defending themselves. Furthermore, expecting regular players to have full knowledge of what actions do and do not message admins isn’t a reasonable assumption.

Secondly, this ahelp should really have been directed at the CE. The CE has a long history of massive destructive grief, particularly to do with dangerous unnecessary engine setups, and has since been permabanned for yet more destructive grief. They had no reason to build such a dangerous engine just because, and had no reason to spam the PA, unlike the AI, who was obliged to do so to prevent a massive risk of harm.

@anon82996225 will have their note completely deleted, and your actions here will be discussed as part of your upcoming trial period review. Depending on how the Senior and Head Admins vote, your trial period may need to be extended, restarted entirely, or you may be removed as a trialmin. The results of this discussion will be taking effect in four days time, on your 30th day as trial admin.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.