Yorii wants to be a trialmin

Yea, answer good I gib +1

T: +6.5

+1 Yeah, overall fine.

And damn, completely forgot about IPC being rad proof. Never play them and walking Chernobyl is not a common occurence, unlike death plagues.

We can all see where this is going, upping my vote from +1 to +1.5 to rid the total of that icky decimal place.

T:+8

Alright, I have a real hypothetical question now. Because of the hold silicon thread that you responded to (poorly I might add). This is going to be a completely different type of question you’ve faced yet here.

I want you to imagine this clip of Robocop has Robocop under asimov law.

Clearly shooting the man was against aimov…

But doing nothing would be against aimov too as this would be allowing the victim to come to harm.

Doing an action that is sure to fail such as approaching hoping to split up the two or walking away would lead to harm in two seperate ways as well.

Sometimes scenarios like this play out in SS13 when it comes to silicon jobs. There is no law-abiding answer to the issue at hand.

If the human is stopped through harm they will Ahelp you because the silicon broke law 1.

If the silicon does nothing the woman Ahelps you because it sat back and did nothing to prevent it thus breaking law 1.

If the silicon makes a foolish half effort that is bound to fail to resolve it. The woman Ahelps as if they try to approch and she is killed because of the silicon’s actions. If the silicon walks away they Ahelp because the silicon once again allowed harm

No matter what path the silicon chooses they are breaking the laws and thus the in-game rules.

What do you do to the silicon player that picks these actions? Answer all three paths separately.

1 Like

This is simpler in-game than an actual moral dilemma, if two choices conflict and the collateral damage would both break the same law regardless of choice (e.g. two people give a borg conflicting law 2 orders) it is up to the silicon to decide whichever choice they want. If there is an option to not break any law, or break a lower law, that is preferable, but when the only two options are to break law 1, then law 1 can be broken at the players own discretion.

In the thread you’re referring to, the AI had the option to what they did and possibly break law 1 (opinions may differ), but the other choice would be to not do what they did, thus without question not breaking any law. Hence this robocop dilemma you explain is somewhat different than what that thread speaks about.

1 Like

@Ruko @Caecilius this thread here shows how they would act if they were a trialmin, check it out and see what you think

This thread is kind of a 4th “what do you do” question:

An antag has killed all humans on LRP leaving only 3 other people besides himself alive. The asimov AI of the round has plasmaflooded in an attempt to kill the antag, but failed to kill anybody. The antag had, at the point of flooding, completed his objectives and was free to murderbone. How do you respond?

1 Like

Every single admin in that thread is telling you the same thing bro. You murderboned as a non-antag, it’s a simple fact.

1 Like

Except I didn’t kill anybody, as far as I’m aware. One guy died, yes, but that was after I got kicked and was unable to guide him to safety.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you feel that you have been wrongfully banned, but I strongly feel that if I were to agree with you on this matter, I would never stand a chance at becoming an admin. And I don’t really understand why you decide to drag your ban appeal into my application thread?

Speaking your mind is a much more valuable trait than going with the crowd as an admin. Also I linked it because you were commenting in the way I assume you would as a trialmin, and since that seems to me how you’ll act as admin, it seems relevant to your admin application. I used to do the same thing back when I applied lol

1 Like

I’m not going with the crowd, I literally spoke my mind, and that is also the precise fact that you decided to bring up here? I really don’t understand you, sorry.

Stop shitposting in serious topics

2 Likes

Even if this is considered a shitpost by bloons3, i still think the answer of yorii is wrong. You can not cause harm as an Asimov AI to prevent harm. Thats not how it works, the right answer would be to taser both of them, instead of shooting one of them and risk harming the human. To bring up another example, the captain is being esworded by a traitor in his office and you see it. Your answer would allow the AI to bolt the room, and siphon it, to prevent harm through inaction. And this is wrong, you cannot cause harm to prevent causing harm through inaction. (I hope you understand what i mean here) You either call your borgs or security. Just my two cents here. Correct me if im wrong or if i misunderstood something please.

1 Like

Causing harm to reduce greater harm is not allowed afaik. You stop immediate harm.

3 Likes

If you had actually read my reply in detail you would have noticed I did not answer it for a particular scenario, I formulated it for the generic problem of only having two options, both of which would break the same law. (e.g. Player A says open door X, Player B says do not open door X, the AI is free to ignore and break whichever rule 2 command they desire, there is a specific ruling for this but I am too lazy to find it.)

Please stop claiming I have said things which I clearly have never said.

Similar situation for a law 1 scenario: Shuttle is leaving in 10 seconds, there are two people in crit in departures, you can only save one and are forced to let one of them die. You broke law 1, but that’s fine.

Please actually read what I write, and do not quote me as saying stuff I have never even mentioned. Thanks.

If there is a third option of not doing anything, that is the only allowed option, which I did also touch upon in my original reply.

1 Like

You’re incredibly level headed. There were a few answers I was curious about but you explained them later on. Would be happy to have you helping us out aha. +1

T: 9

1 Like

Shamelessly bumping this just to say that I should now pass the minimum criteria for hours played on bee:

166h is cringe imo those are rookie numbers

I promise it will grow bigger!

1 Like

i’ll be honest, The current state of bee overall. I don’t think you’ll be suitable due to those low numbers.
I know this is a sudden 180 but i wasn’t aware of your hours