CKEY: Yuliy

Your Discord: Harry.K#1661

Offender’s CKEY: Unknown

Offender’s In-Game Name: Aaron Marthin

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 02-06-2023

Round Number: 42580

Rules Broken: 2, 14

Incident Description: CE witnesses the revenant who was just about to suck a dead body, lethaled and killed without any RP interactions, then permanently killed it.

Additional Information: So, I was a revenant, who has a gimmic of stealing shoes of the peoples or strip off everything if one person stays AFK for too long (Not SSD peoples, mind you.)
On this round, I continued on this same gimmic of stealing shoes of the peoples, being nauseance in general. No essence has been gotten, so I was powerless, mind you.
When I first witnessed a dead body in the medical bay, with Aaron Marthin watching on the dead engineer who is in stasis, I thought I should gain a little power during my gimmicky gremlin workouts.
However, when I sucked up the dead body, Aaron Marthin pulls out the PTSD of his, mod used to lethal, and ended up killing me during sucking up the essense of the person.
Then when I died, they dusted me away, permanently killing.
They shouldn’t really be knowing the revenant as a CE, nor should be aware that revenant must be dusted after the kill.

Bit of off-the-course of the line of report, but I even stole the chaplain’s shoes, and they just said to me “Rude.” And didn’t even killed me on the spot, unlike Aaron Marthin did.
Also to say, Aaron Marthin should’ve been aware of my shenanigans where I’m stealing peoples’s shoes, or get them naked, but nothing more hazardous happening because peoples haven’t reported about the hazardous situation on going besides me causing some nauseance by stealing shoes or make them naked, unless they haven’t got the radio with them entire time.

1 Like

Hey, Aaron here. I appreciate you making this report, however here are a few things I noticed.

I do not believe those are the correct rules you are saying I broke. I do not see how this is a powergaming or Metagaming/Metacomms rule break. I believe you were trying to say that I broke rules 7 and 1.

While I agree it was a shitty move on my part to immediately kill you, I did not notice any sort of gimmick, atleast in my eyes. The only thing I saw weird was Soo saying something along the lines of “The revenant is a pervert, they tried to strip me”.

I agree with this. However, I do believe a chief engineer would recognize that something is wrong when particles of dust are going from their lifeless engineer and going towards a purple ghost. However, I do agree that round-ending you was bad.

One more thing, before I leave this report to the admin, Revenant escalation policy notes them as “Kill on sight”.

Aaron out.

What
It literally says “Again this doesn’t mean whack the valid if you aren’t a combat oriented role”

2 Likes

I’ll be honest. I have been peer pressured to write a report, so my clearance wasn’t certain.

I do not believe those are the correct rules you are saying I broke. I do not see how this is a powergaming or Metagaming/Metacomms rule break. I believe you were trying to say that I broke rules 7 and 1.

The reason why I have written 2 and 14, instead of 1 and 7, is, if you read the article on the rule section, on 2, valid hunting is included. 14, was

Players are not allowed to use information gained in any way other than from their living character’s point of view during an ongoing round, except for information pertaining to their specific job found on the wiki.

And being killed, does felt like it’s metaknowledge usage to immediately killing the revenant, thinking it will cause a havoc if left alone.

Though, I do agree on 1 including, that it also includes that RP is required, but been killed instantly.

While I agree it was a shitty move on my part to immediately kill you, I did not notice any sort of gimmick, atleast in my eyes. The only thing I saw weird was Soo saying something along the lines of “The revenant is a pervert, they tried to strip me”.

Probably my side of mistake then. I have thought so many peoples being reporting on the radio that I have indeed been stealing the shoes, because I’ve stolen like, 10 peoples’s shoes, while strip nakeding Soo and successfully on the clown.

I do feel that this report feels so petty over what happened, but again, I’ve been peer-pressured out and been convinced to make a report instead of moving over, for the sake of RP requirements of the server. Hope you don’t feel it too personal over the reports.

There is also the argument that I was protecting my engineer, which you were sucking the life force from. But yes, I suppose this counts as valid hunting.

Nah, it’s perfectly alright! Reports are a thing for a reason. I’m always glad to get better.

3 Likes

Alright, person in report understood their faulty, and that seems to be enough. Requesting the report to be resolved without any further actions.

Alright, having looked at logs, the whole exchange lasted for 3 seconds and was the result of bad luck on the revenant’s end.

The CE stumbled upon them absorbing the life force of their subordinate and decided to intervene.
This is not enough to qualify validhunting in my opinion, the CE didn’t go out of their way to kill that antagonist, and didn’t drop character entirely to get that valid killed.
All of this happened in a whopping 3 seconds.
Given how everyone has been understanding here, I’ll just mark this report as rejected.

To the revenant, you are open to a response when you decide to do antagonizing acts. Do not trust others to advertise your gimmicks, do it yourself.
To the CE, remain aware that antagonists may be trying to interact and engage in RP, do not always shoot first and ask questions later.

To reiterate, I believe this interaction occured within what’s allowed.

Report rejected.