Xenomorphs

Disable deathgasps while being dragged by a xenomorph. I don’t see any downsides to this change, but I can think of lots of upsides. It’ll disable the whole crew’s ability to screw the xeno’s round over, while also giving the xenos a greater chance at survival since they’ll be able to facehug someone without them suiciding just for the sake of the xenos losing.

6 Likes

Good idea, but they could just wait until the moment the Xeno lets go even for just a second.
Maybe instead, let Xenos facehug people for a few minutes after they’ve died.

3 Likes

Could lead to Xenos abusing that, too. (By that I mean giving up on the purpose of abducting live crew and just going straight to killing outright) I’d rather crew having a chance to abuse rather than being able to abuse always.

1 Like

Just don’t slash them into crit before hugging them. Any xeno’s perfectly capable of keeping one or two people down indefinitely with tackles.

1 Like

Yes, this is true, but indefinitely shoving people disables all of your fighting capability, and even when there’s no threat to you and the person, it’s a large hassle to have to constantly click a moving sprite every 1 second. Also, as soon as you stop shoving to grab a facehugger, you’re prey is just going to get up and kill you with a barrage of lasers. Attempting to remove any headgear they have while they aren’t in crit will be exceptionally difficult as well.

2 Likes

Alright so there’s a solution to these problems you’re not seeing.
If you are the first xeno:
Most crew will not have face protection, and you should be a queen, so you should have an infinite supply of facehuggers stuck in your abdomen. Use it, it’s an infinite range hardstun. If you got found before they’re ready, you’re fighting an uphill battle, but that’s kinda a skill issue idk

If you are not the first xeno:
You have something called friends. You can use .a to speak over the alien hivemind like a radio prefix, and patrol with them in packs. While one of you chainstuns them, the other can strip them and run for a facehugger. Yes, stunlocking someone disables your combat ability. You have friends.

1 Like

alternatively we could just make the baby progress at the same speed regardless of whether the subject is alive or dead.

Or better make it progress at the same speed only if the person explicitly succumbed early.

1 Like

It already does that. Alien embryos progress stages on a prob(3) roll every life tick, regardless of the state of the patient (unless they’re in stasis).

1 Like

then… what even is the issue of players succumbing?

This makes it sound like it somehow makes things worse for the Xenos. I haven’t looked at the code yet so I don’t know which of you is correct.

1 Like

They succumb before they’re facehugged, denying the Xenos.
Like if they’re wearing a helmet and the Xeno crits them.

1 Like

I swear you could facehug a corpse.

1 Like

I believe they are complaining about people giving up before they can get hugged. which yes. Unless they do |Suicide| is a personal issue from slashing them into crit instead of stunning and/or not just throwing one at them.

Once dead the process cannot begin

1 Like

While we’re on the topic, We should remove xeno’s destroying your brain when you’re gibbed if we haven’t already imo. Its very odd. Or let the player that gets hugged & gibbed be able to play the larva that spawns instead of being forced to wait for the next round if they’re unlucky and don’t get to play as a larva.

2 Likes

I misunderstood the issue, this sounds like the solution to fix to me in this case.

This was an intentional choice. Xenos are meant to force a round end whether they succeed or not, as long as they don’t completely fail without even getting started.

1 Like

Nope. Doesn’t implant.

1 Like

That’s a valid point, but calling for assistance on the hivemind while fighting 2-3 crewmates with flamethrowers trying to get their buddy back is a little bit difficult. Most xenos (or at least I don’t) don’t even think of checking the hivemind because they’re so absorbed with their objective. Usually only glances at what the queen has said and returns to the fighting.

1 Like

xenos are horrendously overpowered and do not need any buffs

8 Likes

this is more of a QOL suggestion rather than a “buff”, but ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

it’s not QOL, it’s a straight buff if you can’t prevent xenos from round removing you

4 Likes

Being able to deathgasp to prevent Xenos from implanting you is kinda, metagame-y.

2 Likes