Xenobiology powercreep

Is this an issue of what can be done with xenobio or an issue of what is being done with xenobio?
Because I don’t see xenobio utilized that well very often. No more often than botany or viro or nanites or gene.

You are probably onto something with this

antag stops time, antag kills you, you can’t fight back

Personally I have a much harder time landing a time-stop that requires someone to be adjacent and misses if I don’t time it right than I do shooting someone with a rapid syringe gun loaded with 6 piercing syringes or nailing them (or even just hitting near them!) with one of 200 shrubberies that all fit in my belt-pouch from botany.

like yeah, timestop is flaunted as the peak of power but the xenobio one either
A: Requires a channel
or
B: Freezes them too

Making A only work if you read the opponent correctly, distinctly harder than landing a 5u sulfonal syringe, and B only works if they hit you from range AND have a gun, and with the 30 minutes it took to get timestop you could just… get any of the six other win buttons this game has, that can’t miss.

In comparison flashes can be found in different places around the station at round start, insta stun and insta knockdown on hit and are only blocked by a piece of headgear that 80% of the station population doesnt have access to.

with how many slimes are being processed removing the console would be extremely tedious RIP hands

90% of the cores made do not even get used.
3 cores per slime is a guarantee because t3 parts cost only iron and glass.

Pink sepia :black_joker:

how to spot someone who’s never actually used it

that thing, good as it is, has a five second or so charge and a hefty cooldown, which is slightly bettered by being able to carry multiple. This means you either need to catch your target charging you like a fucking moron or you need them to be dialing up more internet when you attack them

i literally mentioned having a charge in the post they’re replying to
thank you forums, very cool

Because people doing work is powergaming now, xenobio can be good for the station too you know, they can make yellow cells and such. There is no powergaming when helping the entire station, just because xenobio breaks the rules and masses out mobs doesn’t mean it is powergaming, also it gives ghosts a chance to play and have fun. Making the game better isn’t gonna just make rounds more fun.

Is xenobio extremely powerful and probably should be improved to make it balanced, yes.
Does xenobio make rounds more fun and makes them last longer, also yes.

Xenobio exists because it is unique, having unique things make rounds more fun, not every department is unique and that is why people hate on it, make other departments equal the fun of science, not the other way around.

This topic was automatically closed 0 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.