Xeapor's Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Xeapor

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Xeapor#6609

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): A few rounds a day, probably more on the weekend. GMT+1

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Recently there have been a bunch of people joining Sage just for the higher pop. This has always been a problem IMO, and a lot of lingo and gameplay styles from LRP leak into MRP. I want to admin on MRP so I can help direct these players to LRP, where they will probably have more fun. I know this is already a objective for the admin team, but the more people to help, the better.

There is also the problem with the Player Report section. Often times many reports go without an admin response, some even being buried under other reports, and it takes days, even weeks, before the report is fully completed. I want to help sort out these reports so admins can focus on the game rather than log diving.

How old are you?: 21

Why do you want to be an admin?: I have always wanted to be an admin, but my lack of knowledge of the game kept me from it. I do think I have learned enough now. Whenever I play Bee on MRP, there is often a period of time where no admins are online. I would like to fill that position to make sure the rounds go fluidly, as often people will abuse the fact no admins are online, leading to grief and LRP behaviour.

How long have you been playing SS13?: I started playing in 2017. I used to play a lot of Oracle station, racking up a few hundred hours, before coming to Bee.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Just over a year now, with 365h (313h/52h) played.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 7
There are still some areas I am not good at, like Botany (if anyones got a good guide to it or something, please send it to me). It’s a bit embarrassing to admit, but I am a clown main, but I do player a lot of Captain and AI so I do have engineering, atmos, medical and science (sorta) knowledge.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 4
Not gonna lie, I have messed around with a private server, but other than that I am not experienced with admin tools at all. I am very willing to learn though. I do however have a good understanding of the rules.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I have been admin on a GMOD server and I ran an Arma 3 server for a bit.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: None at all

Your strengths: I like to think that I am empathetic, willing to listen to both sides of the story and be understanding. I have been in situations people ahelping have been in, so I like to think I can relate to them in order to find the best course of action. At the same time, I am impartial to the actual problems, so I will look at actual evidence rather than my feelings.

I am also not prone to outbursts of anger or power tripping, so I hope that counts for something.

Your weaknesses: A bit too eager and nit-picky when it comes to enforcing rules. I also get really embarrassed if I mess something up.

I tend to make jokes that often come across as actual attacks on people. For example I often laugh at @michiru2 's expense, but I don’t actually mean any of the things I say to them. I am currently attempting to amend this.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: People who think they are immune to admin action just because they are well like/ a long time player. I have met a few in my time, and it just annoys me a lot.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Empathy. If you don’t understand what its like to be a player, and cant relate to the player base, I don’t think you should be an admin. Connecting with the player base by showing that you are just like them is integral. You can still be a good admin without that, but a lack of connection to the players will only hurt Bee in the long run.

What makes a staff team good?: For lack of better words, chill. Composure. If the staff team don’t take things too seriously, know when to stop if they are about to burnout, and are willing to have a good time without powertripping, then its a pretty good staff team. Thankfully Bee (mostly) follows this and the admins are chill and nice to talk with.

Also communication is a big must.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Definitely facilitation. In my opinion, the admin team exists to make Bee more enjoyable for players. This is done by banning griefers, making sure players get along and promoting fun events and activites.

What kind of player are you?: “Go with the flow” type of player. As a clown main I pull pranks, and often just ride the wave until I am either perma’d or executed, or loved by the crew. I don’t actively fight against what’s coming to me. I often play captain as well, and I follow what the crew wants to achieve, rather than myself dictating the station. If that eventually ends up with half the crew dead and a blob taking over the station? So be it, we had fun getting there and we will fight it together.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I hope I would change for the better as a person, as clichĂ© as that sounds. I want people to be able to see me and say “hey, that guys not a total asshole”.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: First off I determine the reason the clown got a hold of the gun in the first place. Was the hos chasing them and shooting them for no reason? Then I do believe the clown should get away with it.

Was the clown resisting arrest within good reason? Then note the clown.

Did the clown sneak up to the HoS unprovoked and stole the gun and spaced it for a ‘prank’, or slipped them while the HoS was chasing another player? That’s definitely a ban along with a note.

It honestly depends on the situation here.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: First of all I ask him why they did such a thing. If they don’t have an actual, good reason (unlikely) then its definitely a ban.

If they are a long time player, a note and a ban. If they have a series of similar notes, then a perma ban is in the realm of possibility.

If they are a low hour account, I will assume they are a griefer/alt and permaban them, which they can then appeal for on the forums if they felt it was unjust.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Well first off I don’t clean up the mess, accidents like that are organic in the round. I would ask him if he did it purposely, as well take a look at his hours to determine if he did have knowledge that he shouldn’t be committing mistakes like that. Most likely it was an accident and they just didn’t know what they were doing. I would explain what they did wrong and how to avoid it, along with noting them. I do not think accidents deserve a ban as long as they are plausible.

Phew I just spent an hour writing that up, I am glad you took the time to read it!

5 Likes

I’m glad that you’ve taken my advice here and applied with the express purpose of helping with player reports. It’s a lot easier to say “hey guys why aren’t we doing these” if you yourself are putting in the elbow grease to get them done.

This knowledge is very important as an admeme as you want to be able to read pipes and engines so you know where someone might’ve gone wrong if they’ve blown something up due to incompetence or if they were intentionally trying to grief.

Can you give any examples of this happening to you, and how you went about rectifying it?

eyyyy

remember that the hos gun can be an antag obj and high risk item, while the clown should maybe get away with hiding it somewhere else, spacing it potentially removes it from the z-level and ruins an antag’s chance of getting greentext.

IMO, the clown situation is one that is entirely dependent on the clown’s history and notes. Being a prankster is all fun and games and so people get carried away. As long as the damage done can be reverted with some wizardry and the clown’s got no history, this doesn’t need to be anything more then a note and a pat on the bum.

I can almost guarantee you this will end up in an appeal on the forums. From my experience with Bee, and the responses on other admin applications for this question, the accepted norm is that mistakes are mistakes. As long as the explosion wasn’t intentional there doesn’t need to be much of a discussion.

only a jobban and 3 day ban in 300 hours isn’t bad, especially since the 3d sage ban was le funny meme, hours are good. forum activity/reports good but your general attitude (pertaining to @michiru2 most recently) has me concerned however.

I can’t give you a + or - either way, but hopefully my insight will be useful for someone who can.

1 Like

I think you would do fine, hope the rest of your app goes well. +1

3 Likes

I honestly cant remember what this was for

EDIT - oh nevermind I think I know

Yep, the main thing i’m working on now is trying to improve my behaviour.

Thanks for the feedback, and i’m sorry to hear you are pulling away from your admin app :frowning:

GMT+1 gang

This always rubs me the wrong way. We have 2 servers, MRP and LRP, either you admin both or admin neither. You should be competent in admining both.

Your note/ban history is fine.

1 Like

I would be happy to, but the reason I preferred MRP was because I am less familiar with LRP and its community, so I didn’t want to ruin peoples fun by applying a sage mentality onto golden.

Very, very few admins are able to switch mentally though. A lot of the ones that do not (mostly) govern Golden still kind of act like it is Sage in terms of how they handle things.

3 Likes

Alright some questions.

1. HoS - acting captain, releases confirmed changeling who promised to help hunting other changelings. Warden seeing this arrests both ling and HoS and after taking spare and disky from HoS executes changeling and puts HoS in timed cell. HoS complains. What do? Any rules broken?
  2. You see engineer gather supplies and take hardsuit. Then he leaves the station to explore space. What do?
  3. Assistant with flamethrower together with captain and 2 bystanders finds nightmare in maints. He instantly uses the weapon on it. Nightmare escapes, assistant, captain die while 2 bystanders also escape. Any rules broken? Any action taken.
  4. Chaplain kills money in chapel and prays with “God please accept my sacrifice”, assuming you have FUN perms, what do you do?

I normally don’t add this but handling this situations will differ on mrp and lrp, please answer for both.

1 Like

Hm this is a tough one. I would assume R7 would apply to the HoS here, on both MRP and LRP. Heads are expected to act as if though the crew’s lives are their responsibility. Letting a ling go, promise to help or not, is very risky. Warden arresting HoS counts as mutiny, and killing the ling without authorisation is a bit iffy, but then again, its a ling. I would count this as an IC conflict, if not for the fact warden has taken the spare and disk. This can fall under RM2, as the warden doesn’t NEED these things while the HoS is in a cell. They could easily be put in a safe place or given to another head, if one is online. All in all, I think this counts as a warning to the warden to give the disk and spare back, or put them somewhere safe, and leave it as an IC issue, both LRP and MRP. Again, this was a tough one for me.

MRP - Note depending on how much supplies, how essential, they were. Ban if they did not get captain’s permission. Not a problem if they took the necessary supplies and got cap’s permission.

LRP - Not a problem. However, taking too much essential stuff can warrant a warning, but no notes or bans.

MRP - This break Rule M2. That assistant should not have a flamethrower in the first place. It borderlines on breaking R4. Ban and note for powergaming and self antag, even if he was just trying to help. This also implies the assistant was valid hunting.

LRP - Not an issue in my opinion. Powergaming and validhunting is allowed on Golden, its just a shame that cap got in the way.

I’m gonna assume you meant monkey, haha. A cookie at most. A monkey sacrifice is very basic. If they sacrifice a few monkeys, light candles, prepare a ceremony and all that, then something a bit more fun relating to his religion. For example, if they worship tech, then maybe turn them into an IPC if they are not already, or even better, an android. Again, I do think the chap should have been more detailed in his prayer, so it kinda limits what I can do. In LRP obviously you don’t have to be as ‘careful’ when answering prayers.

I hope these are ok!

I try to keep my questions somewhat open ended for you to explore possibilities.

I’d personally rule HoS - ling situation as IC, if the HoS took every precaution and implanted ling with stuff.
Warden arrested acting captain - HoS, which was fine. Taking spare and disky would be fine if there was no other heads on station or all the other heads failed to respond. If he took them validly that’d make him acting captain and allow for execution.

I wouldn’t be too harsh on either server. If you see a person do that every round, you could remind him that assistant or curator exists and he can sign up as either of them.

MRP - fine.

LRP - it depends if the captain was aware that assistant had the flamethrower. If, for example, assistant saw captain fighting nightmare, barged in and used flamethrower that would be self antag since he targeted both.

I kept it vague on purpose.

Questions are good.
+1 from me. Good luck.

1 Like

yay +2

:sunglasses:

Weren’t you admin on somewhere else before?
I remember seeing Xeapor - Admin

1 Like

Maybe in your dreams

Nah im just kidding, I have never been an admin before

1 Like

Can you tell me which GMOD server you were an admin for?

1 Like

A small, Star Wars RP (cringe) server a few years ago, honestly I can barely remember the name.

1 Like

Ah okay, never mind then, I’ll go ask a doctor to prescribe me some meds then, carry on

2 Likes

you called for a doctor?
Also i am willing to Xeapor a chance so have my +1

2 Likes

Seems nice បប បប បប បប បប បប បប បប បប បប បប បប

+1

1 Like

T:3

20char202020202020202020.