Note

Ban Length:
Tis a note

Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2022/03/12

Round ID:
Don’t know

Ban Reason:
Knowingly turned a confirmed and arrested heretic into a security officer and let them go. Left mid ahelp.

Appeal Reason:
I explained many times to this admin, but I never made a heretic into a sec officer. I was the cap, and the HoS deputized one that had surrendered and willingly took a tracking implant, but there was never no sec officer heretic.

The reason for doing so was because there was a server wide disconnect. When I recconected, me and an officer saw an SSD heretic with their hand out. We arrested them, but felt very bad because its not a very fair catch, and when they reconnected they understood and accepted their fate. HoS suggested a tracking implant, and the heretic suggested she becomes a deputy so sec could keep an eye on her. I thought this was pretty good RP.

Additional Information:
They claimed I left mid ahelp, but I told them the heretic was deputised, and then they told me the person who ahelped must have had something wrong. Half an hour later the ticket closes, so I left (I was dead, and there was almost zero chance of recovering my body).

5 Likes

I was the heretic. I had double stalk objectives, which I mhelped over and was told cannot be completed at all due to bugs. I stalked a guy for over the duration and indeed, nothing happened.

My objectives were doomed from the very start. After the server crashed, this already fucked up situation became even worse because I had the hand out when it happened. On reconnect there were like four people around me and I was cuffed. They offered giving me a head start, even, but knowing that I literally have nothing to play towards, I told them that I’ll just comply with whatever and not kill anyone. Again, there was no point in even trying, and the server crash made it even worse.

Some time later I jokingly suggested that making me an officer would solve everything. They actually made me a deputy, and nothing happened. You know, because i basically didn’t have real objectives. It wasn’t a fail RP, it wasn’t abuse on either side, I even posted on a news feed called “Heretic Daily” that said the elder gods were playing a trick on me and being asses - the closest you can get to RPing the situation. The rest of the shift was played normally.

It’s my honest opinion that this doesn’t deserve a note. There wasn’t any bad behaviour and there were no negative consequences. If you disagree and think this is like super totally bad, give me the note instead for getting fucked in the ass by the game twice in a row. Not this guy for having mercy.

4 Likes

It’s just come to me that maybe FreshMeatLover wasn’t the admin who bwoinked me originally, leading to this confusion because the admin I did talk to that round closed the ticket.

Were they gonna bwoink me about the same issue?

1 Like

It was infact me that bwoinked you and i think i did close the ticket accidently. I did also reopen it within 1 minute and send other messages.

I‘ll look into this in depth in the next couple days.

Alrighty lets break this down.

Ticket logs

Or more clear:

ADMIN: FreshMeatLover/(Damien Fulton) checked the individual player panel for Xeapor/(Michael McFall).

ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FreshMeatLover/(Damien Fulton)->Xeapor/(Michael McFall): Heya got a minute?

ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Xeapor/(Michael McFall)->FreshMeatLover/(Damien Fulton): yeah whats up

ADMINPRIVATE: PM: FreshMeatLover/(Damien Fulton)->Xeapor/(Michael McFall): What’s up with this heretic security officer situation?

ADMIN: FreshMeatLover/(Damien Fulton) checked the individual player panel for Xeapor/(Michael McFall).

ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Xeapor/(Michael McFall)->FreshMeatLover/(Damien Fulton): During the big server lag moment, when I recconected a sec officer and I saw a heretic with their magic hand out. We arrested her, but felt really bad because it wasn't fair. She was very understanding and eventually we settled for tracking implanting her and she promising she wouldn't kill anyone. She offered to become a deputy (she was not made a sec officer) so she could stay closer to sec at all times. I thought it was a pretty good idea, as did HoS.

ADMIN: FreshMeatLover/(Damien Fulton) checked the individual player panel for Xeapor[DC]/(Michael McFall).

ADMIN: FreshMeatLover/(Damien Fulton) checked the individual player panel for Xeapor[DC]/(Michael McFall).

ADMINPRIVATE: FreshMeatLover/(Damien Fulton) has created a note for Xeapor: Knowingly turned a confirmed and arrested heretic into a security officer and let them go.

ADMINPRIVATE: FreshMeatLover/(Damien Fulton) has edited a note for Xeapor made by FreshMeatLover from Knowingly turned a confirmed and arrested heretic into a security officer and let them go. to Knowingly turned a confirmed and arrested heretic into a security officer and let them go. - - Left mid ahelp.

ADMINPRIVATE: FreshMeatLover/(Damien Fulton) has created a message for Xeapor: Please be more careful in the future. Making a known antagonist into a security officer is way too much. (Also don’t just disconnect mid bwoink please)

ADMINPRIVATE: FreshMeatLover/(Damien Fulton) has edited the expiration time of a message for Xeapor made by FreshMeatLover from to 2022-03-20 00:00:00

Say logs of you

And just for the reference to make it more clear:

I was pretty sure that i had sent additional admin messages after you had disconnected and before that aswell. Strangely i can’t seem to find them. Ontop of that i also can’t seem to find the logs indicating that i closed your ticket.

Not that this matters all that much. You turned a confirmed heretic, (a schizo lunatic, obsessed with old gods that runs around murdering and sacrificing people) into a basically full security officer. You deputized them but ontop of their normal deputy gear also gave them a secbelt among other stuff. (Secbelts include pepperspray, flashes, stun batons etc) And your saylogs indicate that this was infact your intention.

The note is there because you did not just let a confirmed heretic go (y’know with a tracking implant or something). You also literally turned them into a fully blown security officer (apart from the disabler) which in my opinion and in other admins opinions was too much.

I’ll see if i can get other admin input on this even though it isn’t required. I don’t think this note was put in error but i’m definitely going to remove the part about leaving mid bwoink as i believe something strange (byond moment) happened.

That definitely was not me, that would have been the HoS, I had no idea they had been given that gear. I told them to make them a deputy.

But as captain I guess it was my responsibility.

2 Likes

It really was. I’m going to go ahead and deny this based on what i said earlier. I’ve edited your note to reflect the whole leaving mid bwoink part though.