X-Ray Gun is too OP

Sorry, but no, it IS me saying you cant.
I mean, if you have the Ai-equivalent of highjack (“dont let any organics escape”) then sure.
But if you dont and do that shit first thing into the round you will AT LEAST get a slap on the wrist.

EDIT : The new rules also support this, heres a qoute.

fun fact: old x-ray guns went through people instead of stopping at the first thing they damaged. this meant that you could use x-ray guns to shoot a blob core even with a bunch of stuff in the way.

as far as ways to overcome x-ray guns, stick a shitton of monkeys in your core (not recommended), move your core (very recommended), or shunt

Thank you, 111, I forgot about that.

Before this turns into a big argument, it doesn’t need a big nerf.

This would be perfect imo, doesn’t make the gun useless, just means you can’t shoot the ai from outside its sat.

even better: make x-rays bounce off reinforced walls for /added tactical depth/, also known as oh god oh fuck where’s the beam gonna go

1 Like

virgin reinforced wall defense vs based monkey spam

6 Likes

The 2 examples you mentioned require effort, compared to printing a gun and then putting a firing pin into it.

2 Likes

Just to give a little extra insight since i was on that round, but before that yeah the way you got killed was eh, sad. it would suck if it happened to me but at least you can learn from that experience, anyway back the thing

I think you got killed around 40-50minutes into the round, Security had a lot of time to act, they even moved THE WHOLE SCIENCE DEPARTMENT to security where they built mechas and the xray to take you down , you should’ve kept a better look into cameras and comms(even if they cams were cut only there that would make you think something is going on), you could’ve pda a random member to trick them into putting a posi brain on the borgs (they were three-four empty shells that were fully abandoned on robotics) etc etc, it’s a good experience to have even if it was a lame kill

Also kek with imhotep coment, based

1 Like

Upgrading your cameras is an easy way to out yourself as malf, as anyone with a camera console can see that all cameras can suddenly see through walls.

I didn’t even know, I will keep that in mind for the future.

Ok yeah that was totally on me, I thought science setting up in sec would have taken longer, haha

Ok you guys make some fair points, it was pretty much my own incompetence that lead to my death.

While I still dislike the X-Ray guns, I could have taken precautions to stop them.

As @Fronsis and @Miasma have stated, guess I learned something from all of this, and hopefully I will be ready in future rounds, haha.

Admins, feel free to shut down this suggestion thread if you want, unless people still want to discuss X-Ray guns. Thanks again for people taking their time to point out my mistakes instead of just flaming me.

Let me give you further info on that round.
I was the captain on the shift, we knew you were malf 10 minutes into the round. A sec officer saw it and told me directly.
That was the point where you were really fucked and we starting discussing this outside of comms
Even as people started to openly report blue APCs i actually defended you by saying you probably got combat upgrades (which should have sent red flags to you)

I ORDERED Sci-SEC (sec moved into SEC) to rush Xray technology to assassinate you, HOS sent one of his men without suit sensors and did the job, unloading 3 guns worth of rays into your sat. This occured at about 50 minutes.

It was pretty unfair to be honest, but you made several mistakes that you might not have noticed (mainly getting discovered)
As well as being limited by power as science didnt build borgs for you.
The only ways i think you could do better was by secretly deleting the technology because we were banking on the stealth assassination and perhaps sabotaging research (we didnt build additional servers).

A verry nice but verry situational upgrade is the surveilance improvement. It can fantastic for the attentive malf, as it lets you HEAR through your cams, so if you see the Meeting you can hear it

Launchpads can pull the AI out if they are bolted down? I swear I’ve tried to do that as a traitor with a briefcase launchpad and wasn’t able so I ended up just using the launchpad to teleport a live grenade in there instead.

Yes they can. I watched it the other day, although it was NOT a briefcase launchpad but a regular one.
A semi-rouge AI the other day (ion laws) was refusing entry to their core, so the CE built a launchpad in that cam less maint room between the SM room and the sec post on meta, pulled and carded the Ai that way.
Unless for some bizare reason the Ai was unbolted, haha.
i belive it was @Mat05usz playing the Ai that round

The truth is… the game was rigged from the 10 minutes into the shift

MALF AI MAINS LEFT IN SHAMBLES

new malf meta: tell your borg to go miner. make a big public deal about there being ashwalkers, oh you’ve got a combat disk, oh you let an assistant in to get the disk, oh hey we’ve got surveillance now

Unironically this, why delete it?

When you’re malf AI/ borg, here’s a check list:

Stop resources from being used to create anything by destroying the ore silo, killing miners for good and destroying the ORM. Killing miners is stupid hard but since borgs don’t get slowed down when they get damaged, you’re gucchi. Miners are not flash resistant round start, pray they don’t get a hard suit.

Destroy the spare borg console in secure storage.

Secure the RD’s borg console.

Destroy the ion rifle in the armory, along side any boxes of flashbangs and actual flash bangs. (Huge chance to get caught doing this, but it’s too important; flash bangs set to 1 second detonation means the complete death of any borg; syndie borgs should get flash resistances tbh)

Halt research production, you can manually access the research console and turn off research that way, or just de-power the APC or sabo it by setting the freezer to an improper temperature.

Don’t forget to move your self to a hidden and properly walled off room in maintenance if you are having issues…

Smh more than a year later still salty about this

Did they remove the gun?

Haven’t seen it in ages