Ban Type:
server
Ban Length:
perma
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2022-06-26 21:42:15
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Suicide bombed with a oil extract in "self defense " DCed mid ticket, so please explain this on the forums -auth by Haliris
Appeal Reason:
1st Offense was a perma ban? Thats a bit ridiculous.
Additional Information:
After all my hours on this server, why am I to be punished like this for messing around in the last couple minutes of a two hour shift.

The shuttle just got there and I was being beaten on by two individuals for “flashing” their screen when in reality I was making food using silver slime extracts.

Yes, the silver extract was flashing them but it took me a minute to figure out what they we’re talking about when they said “Who evers flashing quit it”. You see I was a slime person who is immue to flashing, so It didn’t effect my screen alerting me to the flashes. Once I figure out I was causing it I stopped.

But then two individuals started beating me for flashing them, one being from med(I think) and the other being in sec. I kept getting beat and knocked down, so I was going to throw the oil at the med guy who intially started beating me and right when I injected it, I got either shoved or knocked down again and the oil dropped, I scrambled to pick it up but didnt have enough time. So I wasn’t “suicide bombing” not even close I just fucked up.

Admin asked why I had oil slimes on me and my response was “they were left overs from the lab after we trashed it and left for the shuttle.” I had one left and I was saving it for the after round royal rumble when the evac shuttle touched down.

Also I didn’t “disconnect mid ticket”, admin and I talked back and forth about 3 times. Then I waited for like 5 minutes for a response but got nothing further, the round was over so I left, even if i stayed the client was gonna force restart me anyway.

1 Like

If you read the reason fully, you may notice the reason you got banned is because you disconnected. We do this when we can’t fully process the ticket.

The moderator at the time was juggling between several tickets and issues. Five minutes for a response really isn’t that much. Naturally we can’t hold you hostage forever, but if you leave during a ticket, expect to have to write an appeal.

Also no, the client wasn’t gonna force restart, we can delay the server reboot.

Don’t leave unless you have to, if the admin hasn’t closed the ticket. If the admin hasn’t answered in say, 10 minutes, ahelp again in case we forgot about you.

I’ll grab logs and go over this later.

1 Like

I was the dude you bombed. I said “Don’t ban this man, it was funny.” I was a scientist wearing black, so that might’ve led to the confusion over me being from security.

However I began shoving you, an action that deals no damage, with the intent of stealing your syringe so you didn’t blind the entire shuttle. I did say I would “chokeslam” you which might have been seen as a threat of violence.

Man doesn’t deserve to be permenantly banished for fighting back against someone who threatened violence and then appeared to follow through. Maybe exploding was a touch far, but my opinion is to just let the guy go.

2 Likes

This was an “appeal-on-the-forums” ban due to the disconnect during the ticket.
@Not_a_Shark is still a moderator so a higher-level admin will have to handle the appeal.

In my opinion, this ban should be reduced to time served but we’ll see what they say.

1 Like

Completely unrelated to the incident, but saving dangerous items like explosives for EORC is against the rules

2 Likes

You flashed like +20 people on the escape shuttle repeatedly a few times and then blew me up because someone shoved you

Why can’t you keep your bombs away from people, especially on a calm shift that we had

1 Like

The permanent ban was merely for DCing mid ticket. It would have been a mere note.
Please thing about why you thought it was a good idea to detonate a high-explosive extract in the E-shuttle to when active security was nearby, and in this case of mistaken identity, why using such high collateral meassures was appropiate as a non antag

1 Like

What I did wasn’t a good idea. What I did was really dumb and I’m sorry for doing it, I was getting upset in the round mainly from me messing up a toxins bomb for RD, wasting half of my shift. Then what happened in the shuttle was the final straw that set me off. I should have contacted sec instead of trying to take action in my own hands. Also if I had known you can delay the round for an admin sit I would have stayed.

2 Likes

You really did fuck up there, hoarding a bunch of powerful xenobio loot for no in character reason. Using said loot to annoy other players for no in character reasons. Then blowing yourself up when others, in characters or not, annoyed by you decided to take matters into their own hand, making you think you could play the victim here.

The common factor here is that at no point were you roleplaying, a terrible mindset for this server. A mindset which inevitably led to this incident. Write a basic character and start interacting through roleplay rather than just being yourself, the gamer.

I would honestly have considered leaving this ban up had you not shown that you understood why you fucked up and promised to improve.
It’s been three days, so I’ll reduce the ban to time served. But I hope you’ll take this advice and improve, else this is bound to happen again.