CKEY: wumbomaster

Admin’s CKEY: pixelman77

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: Both

Which server did the ban happen on? Sage

Ban Type: Server

Ban Length: 1 day server ban, 1 week various role ban

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 11/10/2020

Round ID: 23710

Ban Reason: As detective, got killed by a traitor. Then spawned as a posi brain and asked the roboticsist to borg him faster because “I need to be somewhere, it’s urgent” then immediately headed to cargo, found his body and told everyone that QM was the killer because he is the only person who works there. So he went and opened QM’s locker and found CMO’s ID, then reported to HOS. TL;DR used meta knowledge to out traitor.

Appeal Reason: First of all, I would like to say that Admin that handled this ticket was very unprofessional, as in a way that he did not wanted to have a discussion or asked my side of the story, but instead he started the conversation by saying that “I’m %100 sure you metagrudged.” which is baffling to me, since he wasn’t even on the server when events happened. In my opinion, admin must be more of a detective and investigative,which brings us to our main character of this story: me, a detective.I believe adminjob is a hard one, and i voice my gratitude to admins for doing the lord’s work, but jumping to conclusions without listening both sides of the story is wrong. Also, i believe this ban is really overkill, since i got banned all servers for a day and these jobs as a week: Brainwashed Victim, Deathsquad, Drone, Lavaland, Mind Transfer Potion, Posibrain, Sentience Potion Spawn. These may be jobs that susceptible to metagrudge, but i did not get banned from playing borg and i believe its a bit overkill, since i did not metagrudge as i will explain.

Couple of things to clarify: First, I did not tell the roboticst to borg me faster. He wanted to upgrade my module, which i said “I need to be somewhere” as in i need to patrol the station since shit was happening at that point and multiple people were dead, and i did not really care about my module being upgraded that much. Second clarification: I did not tell anyone that QM is a killer, after seeing dead body in cargo space and gathering enough evidence i went out to seek HoS (as i should).

My side of the story: I got borged, and started to patrol the station. Borgs can patrol the cargo (which is sensible since cargo is where most crimes happen, as a qm main i know that by heart.) and It’s very OOC to say that i cannot, since IC rule i just got borged and my memory is empty. There is not a rule for me not patrol Cargo at that point. I do not believe just because i got murdered in cargo as a borg i cannot go there. Anyway, I walked in cargo, and immedietly i saw a gibbed body and head of Detective near the cargo shuttle. QM did no attempt at hiding the body well, anyone that walked into the cargo can see the gibbed body parts and head of Detective.At that point, only cargo worker was a QM, keep that in mind. After seeing enough evidence that only cargo worker, QM (whom was not really any good at covering his tracks) may be a suspect, I went into his locker and found the CMO’s ID. After that, i went out to bring HoS to crime scene, who told me to locate and apprehend the suspect. I learned his whereabouts via AI, and let hos ride me. When we tried to apprehend the suspect, he pulled out autorifle, and started shooting. Rest is history, bad guy dead, good borg helped the station to be more safe with no metagrudge other than using his psitronic brain and deduction.

Additional Information:
Overkill ban, unhelpful and banhappy admin, sad borg. Also, QM’s only objective were “Steal the AI” and he did not loot my dead body, or gained anything from my death. Its really LRP behaviour and i just happened to be wrong place at the wrong time.

1. fuck you
  2. i believe that your clarification works and that no rules were broken technically, hence i wouldnt be surprised if you actually got unbanned. But its highly questionable that “you asked roboticist to go faster only because people were dying all over” with you proceeding to immediately after being borged ZOOMING to cargo, despite the “shit that was going on”. Surely there would have been something else that would catch your attention?
    Also, you are not nearly as much of a space law validhunter of steel as you are but a borg, who is supposed to follow his laws. I really do hope you either had different laws or tried to protect all sides involved from human harm. And medical should’ve been notified of the dead detective, though if he is soulless i guess that its okay you ignored your body, just that you proooobably didnt have any intention of checking.
1 Like

I really need second opinion on this one, litteraly in your logs you say “let me out I need to go somewhere it’s urgent”, then you immediately head to cargo.
Also it’s really strange how in your ticket you first claimed “I went to cargo because well, I felt I needed to move cargo from cargo” (as a borg?!) and “I felt like it” and now you claim you wanted to patrol there because you think cargo is a crime heavy place (as a standard borg). And the fact you reported the QM as a “traitor” not as a person who has CMO’s ID with him.
Anyway pinging @GameAdmin here.

your appeal reads like the thoughts of a presumptive ass.

1. “the admin that has access to logs didn’t do any investigating because they didn’t listen to anything i had to say”
  2. “oh, but i so know how hard it is being an admin, give me brownie points”
  3. the reason you weren’t borg-banned is because your ban is to prevent you joining midround to fuck things up for other people using meta knowledge, not because you were a bad borg.
  4. that whole “memory” paragraph reads like “you see, it was practically against the rules for me NOT to metagame against this traitor by going directly to my body and then immediately scouring the QM’s locker”. if we’re following the no-memory bullshit, why did you assume it was the QM who murdered someone and not an idiot who ran out in front of a shuttle.

hint the answer is because you metagamed

2 Likes

06:38:49 - You become a posibrain
06:41:04 - Last message before leaving Robotics, unclear when you actually leave robotics
06:41:50 - You begin flagging down the HoS to report the player that killed you as a traitor.

06:38:49.774 SAY: wumbomaster/(SLI-392) “hi” (Robotics Lab (175, 118, 2))
06:38:54.832 SAY: wumbomaster/(SLI-392) “please put me into shell” (Robotics Lab (175, 118, 2))
06:41:04.787 SAY: wumbomaster/(Standard Android-544) “i need to be somewhere its urgent” (Robotics Lab (172, 121, 2))
06:41:50.883 SAY: wumbomaster/(Standard Android-544) “hos” (Starboard Primary Hallway (169, 128, 2))
06:41:52.201 SAY: wumbomaster/(Standard Android-544) “come” (Starboard Primary Hallway (169, 129, 2))
06:41:55.138 SAY: wumbomaster/(Standard Android-544) “get on” (Starboard Primary Hallway (169, 129, 2))
06:42:32.111 SAY: wumbomaster/(Standard Android-544) “det” (Supply Shuttle (66, 113, 2))
06:42:38.087 SAY: wumbomaster/(Standard Android-544) “qm is tator” (Supply Shuttle (67, 114, 2))
06:42:44.281 SAY: wumbomaster/(Standard Android-544) “go get him tiger” (Supply Shuttle (67, 114, 2))

Not even a full minute after leaving robotics you’re already in touch with the HoS and detective and trying to lead them to cargo. This means one of two things:

• You’re lying in your appeal and you didn’t even go to cargo before flagging down security to come catch your killer
  • You really did go to Cargo first, but you bee-lined straight there as Pixel says.

Both cases this ban deserves to stick for metagrudge, and I would like to take a moment to remind @pixelman that the standard ban for a metagrudge is two weeks to a month full server ban, not a simple day-ban. I strongly recommend upgrading this ban to match those that other players get for the sake of consistency.

1 Like

That moment when you make things worse.
Ban will be updated to match other bans and include the fact that you lied in the ticket and
your appeal.
Appeal denied.

1 Like