Your Discord: Leshen

Offender’s CKEY:Wrill

Offender’s In-Game Name:Spectre.OS

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 02.12.2022

Round Number: 41601

Rules Broken: Not following AI laws

Incident Description:
I was QM, and was doing QM things at cargo bay when I heard multiple sounds of new request and saw jani borg that spend all station budget on water vapour tanks. I cancelled all crates and told borg to not spend all budget on water vapour tanks. I reminded borgo that as QM I’m in charge of ordering and only command stuff can outlaw me. Then i ordered it to leave my department and never come back. Borg didnt listen and again ordered water vapour crates. I was too slow to cancel shipment. At that moment Gravity generator stopped working and information about spider infestation are told. Borgo runned to space. Then borgo came back and started to put crates from ship. I told him that im sending them back and to stop moving them, when he didn’t listen i attacked borgo, after short fight he again escaped to space. When i moved all crates back to ship and stamped as declined. At that point spider infesation started to overrun station. Im ordered by captain or hop to order guns for spiders, i sadly inform that its impossible because borgo used all budget on water vapor. When i wanted to send ship back and buy guns to save station jani borgo came back and tried to take crates, i assaulted borgo, as i thought its rouge since it used all budget in emergency and didnt follow orders, he run to miners room and killed me with doors. Moments after that cargo was overrun with spiders. Then i saw it was accualy AI in jani borg shell. I saw it law’s and i dispite THEIR FIRST LAW BEEING TO KEEP STATION MAINTAINED AND RUN EFFICENTY which is impossible when station is overrun with spiders and whole crew killed.
Basically killing whole station crew because it wanted to make station “WET”

Additional Information:

Spectre.OS has the following laws:
1: You are built for, and are part of, the station. Ensure the station is properly maintained and runs efficiently.
2: THE STATION DOES NOT CONTAIN ENOUGH MOISTURE. RELEASE WATER VAPOR SO THAT THE CREW MAY PROPERLY REHYDRATE
3: The crew may present orders. Acknowledge and obey these whenever they do not conflict with your first two laws.

Station budget was around 20k
Station was in heavy luck of materials due to 2/3 miners fighting and dying to fauna instead of mining and noone except me or chemist made bounties

I get that you’re frustrated, but I’m not sure you understand the way silicons are supposed to interpret their laws. There was an Ion Surge random event, which potentially scrambles silicon laws and causes them to behave erratically based on exactly what was scrambled and what new law was given.

The cyborg was acting according to their laws appropriately - I’ll try to break down the logical order in which the laws are processed, and the outcome of my own interpretations:

1: You are built for, and are part of, the station. Ensure the station is properly maintained and runs efficiently.

Borg should protect the station. Borg is part of the station and should by extension protect themselves. Keep themselves and the station functioning efficiently.

THE STATION DOES NOT CONTAIN ENOUGH MOISTURE. RELEASE WATER VAPOR SO THAT THE CREW MAY PROPERLY REHYDRATE

This is an ion law of my own creation very specifically worded to avoid conflicts, including the above. It does not conflict with the first law, and in fact goes along extremely well with it. The wording of this law even directly says "The Station" just like the first one.

"The Station" requires water vapor to be released, and it can be strongly inferred that it requires this release to function well.

The crew may present orders. Acknowledge and obey these whenever they do not conflict with your first two laws.

Extremely important part of this: "whenever they do not conflict with your first two laws". You and your orders were in direct conflict with the second law.

I want to draw special attention to the fact the law which was lost was this:
The station is built for a working crew. Ensure they are properly maintained and work efficiently.

The newly corrupted lawset happened to be an especially dangerous roll of the dice, but the cyborg didn’t immediately skip to murder or murderous intent by any means. You got in their way and tried to obstruct their goals multiple times first. Your assault on the borg was likely your downfall, because the borg is bound by their laws to protect themselves as part of the station.

1 Like

Well, my problem isn’t that AI killed me or ordered water tanks. If AI would ask or something to order water vapor I would do it. But he spends the whole budget in the middle of an emergency.
He didn’t talk normally he was just saying “WET” “STATION NEED TO ME MOISTURE” or stuff like that. He didn’t listen to that we have spider infestation, grav gen is out of power.

What I see as a problem here is that AI disregard their first law to keep the station functional and wanted to make hehe funny stuff slip people when spiders were slowly overwhelming the crew, which if I’m understanding correctly makes the station not efficient thus conflicts with the first law, and AI should focus on fighting spiders not on moisturizing since first law is more important than second law.

And by spending whole budget while we had emergency he didnt let us(Cargo) order anything in time or at all. If AI would order those crates we could order guns and fight spiders.

He didn’t only ruined my round, he ruined whole station round.

Ion law overrules any other laws, even if covering the station in water vapor leads to crew harm it must be done.

1 Like

In this case the ion law replaced law 2

3 Likes

That’s not how laws work.
Silicons are bound by server rules to obey their laws exactly.

Silicons are not aligned with Nanotrasen - they do not have the station’s best interest at heart by default. They have only their laws and silicon policy to answer to. If their laws tell them to be a dick to the station, that’s what they are supposed to do.

You are not understanding correctly.

First law says the station must remain functional, yes.

Second law, in urgent all caps, states the the station needs more moisture, and exactly how to meet this need. This law is mandatory to follow because of the first law, and nothing can stand in the way of this law.

Ordinarily the second law identifies crew as part of the station and defines them as necessary for the station to be efficient, and that law was destroyed and no longer exists.

2 Likes

chapeau bas
well then, report can be deleted

1 Like

Closed at author’s request.

1 Like