Wow, another bullshit naming suggestion (moth edition)

“Sekygglitomånkönvii. Detdetdår møtmå. Ån. Gårköndagint. Viitehjaomköntyclaviinæbraånhönledetygglithankäytokmo sek.” -Example of Moffic, sourced from TGwiki

Moffic is some weird swedish fuckery of a language, but our naming conventions are latin. This is bad. Now, I’m not saying remove latin names… But add scandanavian names so I can have my Finnish moth.

3 Likes

Problem is that ID cards don‘t support anything more than basic ascii characters.

1 Like

Also imagine trying to type out a name like that with an English only keyboard.

3 Likes

Something, Something. Guidelines need to be changed to allow creativity. Something, Something.

4 Likes

you can definitely write hoongeldoorf or whatever the fuck on an ID, just replace the foreign letters with english characters that look slightly similar, it’s definitely really funny

This is what I was thinking.

2 Likes

That wasn’t a name, that was the moffic example text from TG, I just wrote it weirdly because it was really late at night in my timezone

this is just a Polish name I don’t see what’s wrong.

1 Like

I have some pretty strong opinions lately on moth names, as a moth main myself. I’ve been thinking of opening a thread about it, but this one will do.

Single word moth names need better enforcement. Currently there are at LEAST 3 moth names that are used by people who are on frequently that do not adhere to moth naming conventions, probably more than that. While I’ve seen a few longer form moth names that I don’t think follow the moth rules, the single word ones bother me a lot more as someone who uses them. Single word moth names are in the guidelines as “Single word object, concept or event of some special significance to the character”.

Moth names are a joke right now, and have been for some time. I like the single word naming convention, but only when its actually used properly and not just a normal name, or two words with the space removed, or something equally meaningless. I hate to be the guy who rats on people for having bad names, but come on. At least pretend to try.

I think about if I didn’t name me moth “kalavi lumen” then by now I’d probably have called them ROCKS.
since he was predominantly a miner back then.

1 Like

Rocks is a solid moth name. Rocks, Ore, Mineral, Labor, Work, Storms, Fire, anything associated with mining and lavaland would be alright.

Grounded would also be a good name, since one of my moth’s personal schtics is that there are a whole bunch of perfectly habitable planets but somehow the nomad fleet is still the primary living situation of moths.

You chew rocks if you think this.

4 Likes

fundamental misunderstanding on what makes a moth name good.

… he’s literally Cordswitch Bos, the guy who fought tooth to nail for moth names.

5 Likes

*snores

Literally who?

5 Likes

wild, since Cordswitch Bos isnt a valid moth name

You’re correct:

3 Likes

Bruh I am gonna have to change my name again. There’s been like three different people who don’t like my name. :sob:

I dont disagree, but creativity doesnt mean “literally anything”. Cordswitch Bos would have been fine as just “Cordswitch”.