CKEY: wisakejak

Admin’s CKEY: yorpan

Servers: All

Which server did the ban happen on? Golden

Ban Type: Server

Ban Length: Permanent

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 2020-08-03

Round ID: 19390

Ban Reason: Metagrudging as hotel staff and immediately DCing when an admin logged on. Appeal this on the forums.

Appeal Reason: I started fighting with a dude whom I thought was a traitor. I took things to far and I wanted to win, so I came back on station as hotel officer to kill him. No metagrudge; I just wanted to fight and I thought he was being valid and this made it not as bad. Only crit, didn’t kill or gib because I realized he wasn’t valid and what I was doing was shitty. DCed after, but not to avoid admin. This was really shitty of me and I’m sorry.

First: I’m not the banning admin.
Second: You came on the station not once, but twice as hotel staff to attack the exact person that killed you.

[2020-08-03 12:39:13.154] ATTACK: wisakejak/(Tony Wile) has attacked Average_Joe22/(Grigori Bogdanoff) with spear (Wielded) (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: -76.3) (Brig (97, 175, 2))
[2020-08-03 12:39:15.494] SAY: wisakejak/(Tony Wile) “pwnd” (Brig (97, 175, 2))

You got him into pretty low crit and fled to a locker to disconnect pretty much as soon as Yorii connected to answer the ahelp.

This is some pretty hardcore metagrudge any way you look at it, even if it was coincidental that you fled to disconnect as soon as admin got on. You have a prior incident of metagrudge as well.

2 Likes

This is some pretty hardcore metagrudge any way you look at it, even if it was coincidental that you fled to disconnect as soon as admin got on.

Yea. I took it too far. I’m not saying I’m not worthy of a ban. I just want to appeal the perma ban.

You have a prior incident of metagrudge as well.

Was ruled as not metagrudge; I just told AI “don’t let captain upload a captain can decrew” law.

Nothing in that appeal states it was ruled as not metagrudge. Ban being lifted early =/= ban is wrong.

And no this shouldn’t be perma, but it should include a long ghost-role ban and be pretty decent for being second metagrudge within a pretty short window.

Only reason it was a permaban was because it looked like you tried to avoid the bwoink by disconnecting.

Nothing in that appeal states it was ruled as not metagrudge.

I hadn’t done anything to ‘metagrudge’, besides making a one off joke. I think it’s unfair that it’s considered as metagrudge.

But yea, I understand the ban.

I will await some input from the admin who issued the first ban before I change this to a temporary ban.

Bump. Admin holding out?

It would seem so, but to be quite honest, even if he proves that your first ban was fully repealed and invalid, this ban will still probably not be reduced to less than a month. So I will give him some more time to comment.

With this being from some strong metagrudge, I think it should be changed to a month long ghost role ban

2 Likes

I said at the time of that previous incident that I can’t see if it was metagrudge, not that it wasn’t metagrudge. Significant difference.
The main focus of that incident was that you forced AI to fight cap for no apparent reason, that may or may not have been metagrudge which resulted in AI being killed if I am remembering this correctly.

I would say ghost ban for some time.

EDIT: Hmm, on further review, I think I said I wasn’t sure about metagrudge during the round but determined it was metagrudge after all in the following round after log diving, which is why the ban was given in the following round.
Can look through the logs of the ban I gave out if needed.

No, pretty sure the AI fought the entire command. Pretty sure HoS, RD and CE intervened to help the captain into the upload. But I understand I can be held accountable for the AI’s actions.

I did nothing more than make a round start joke. I did not actively stop captain from getting into the upload, or give the AI further orders besides that one roundstart joke.

Yes, roundstard joke for which the ban was partially upheld because it was a Law 2 order.
And the joke was because of the identity of the captain.

Yes, but the grudge was not on my part, as I did not intend to harm the captain or ruin their shift in any way.

I argue that the AI player was using my law 2 request as an excuse to metagrudge against the captain. From a player’s point of view, the AI had no reason to take my order as serious (a possible antagonist) and disregard the orders of multiple command members. The captain has been shitseccing the previous rounds, so it is not entirely absurd that another player had a grudge against them.

It is also not unreasonable that you had grudge against him, considering your order was based on the identity of the captain, instead of captain’s actions in that round.

Regardless, this is not about that previous ban. I’ll concede that you likely did not think much of it due to the fact you thought Law 2 order reinforced with Law 1 appeal will not lead to AI fighting to the end against laws upload. Does not change the facts of the matter.

But I’m pretty sure that, unlike tampering with its laws or purging it, issuing an order to the AI does not make me responsible for its actions.

Sorry for the late reply, I have reduced the ban length to 3 weeks, but bear in mind the next time you’re found doing something similar in the fashion of metagrudging, it will be a severely longer ban.

Fair enough. But since it took place on LRP, could it be a LRP only ban?

No, server-specific bans are reserved for rule violations that are server-specific, meta-grudging is globally banned.