Winter Darkraven Staff Report

In-game misconduct:

CKEY: Kapu1178

Your Discord: Kapu#1178

Offender’s CKEY: WinterDarkraven

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 08/28/21

Round Number: 32330 (i believe?)

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant): None specifically, but this was a bad-faith action that damaged the round.

Incident Description: image

Additional Information: Now I understand im not special, but I feel the following is worth noting:

This occured as the AI and I were about to fake my (the HoS)'s death to see how the Security team would handle it, as a form of training. This event immediately took the AI’s attention, and I walked on down to Med to act as a bouncer for all the people who are suddenly going to be appearing in medical. Im approached by a Doctor, and to make a long story short, EMP’d, and spaced. My round was completely ruined 20 minutes in.

I understand this is absolutely absurd and Winter likely had no intention of this ruining someone’s round, but this is to display how actions like this,especially against the will of the majority of players, can easily stunt a round.

3 Likes

For a small bit of context, the sharp pain in one’s side was a global narrate, not actually appendicitis.

Mirroring this. I was on for the round.
No appendicitis was actually given to anyone - think of it like the global hallucination event.

Your round was ultimately ruined by the fact antagonists can RDM their targets from my perspective.

shit like this should stay off the server, it could have been a funny thing on lrp but this shit should not be anywhere near a roleplay server

5 Likes

I’m confused was HOS winter’s target or did they do the classic kill sec trick for the 1000th time

from what I see the doctor wasn’t winter but an antag who’s target was kapu but I’m not 100% sure of this.

Winter was not playing the round, this was simply the admin forcing an equivalent of a random event.

Re-iterating what I said above, there is already a global hallucination event which can occur. I don’t believe it contains the appendicitis message though.

Blood Brother team had one half of their team in medical at the time. They took advantage of the situation to lure Kapu to medbay.

2 Likes

Oh wait I just saw the poll in the screenshot. Do IPCs even have an appendix? Also yeah this seems quite shitty from velvet’s side even with the vote.

Aditional information: Sadly this is the second time i’ve seen the poll of “give everyone appendicits” with no/no as vote options and still got the message

And for clarification:I was the only MD at that moment and i was on the middle of reviving a miner when the “event” happened, a lot of crewmembers came in asking for help and overall there was a lot of confussion on radio and medbay, i did told them it was an hallucination and sensors showed they were okay but some were pissed

The EMP kill on the HoS happened some minutes later and it was part of another strategy to lure him in, at that point everyone was aware it was fake and the situation cooled down, so i don’t think this should be linked to it, but yeah 2nd time Winter has done that poll

It was moreso just to portray what small things can turn into. As a positron, I cannot tell when appendicitis is fake.

I don’t think this sort of vote is acceptable for MRP in the first place

7 Likes

the end point of this post isnt the aftermath. These kinds of votes shouldn’t happen on MRP anyway.

8 Likes

Not sure if I understand; I don’t see an issue with the vote itself, though I agree that the global narrate was unwarranted, but is there an issue with having polls for fairly minor events like that?

3 Likes

Poll? Dont really care. Global narrating when the poll didnt pass? Bad.

It was a mass hallucination. Mass hallucinations are already normal events that happen in game where all players suffer the same hallucination (If you’ve ever been hit by bubblegum at random, this is why)

I walked on down to Med to act as a bouncer for all the people who are suddenly going to be appearing in medical. Im approached by a Doctor, and to make a long story short, EMP’d, and spaced. My round was completely ruined 20 minutes in.

I played no part in this, it was your choice to go to medical. The antagonists would’ve EMPed and killed your character at another time.

The vote looks like it failed, why did they even do the mass hallucination anyways?

Triggering a hallucination isn’t a violation of admin conduct. It’s minor bus overall. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

i wouldn’t say the issue was that they did the mass hallucination, it was since they did the ooc poll, and lost said poll and still did the bus, admins should improve rounds but what they did just made both medicals and securities job unnecessarily harder and more annoying for no reason other than “haha funny random lol”

This has been resolved and all that good shit.

Like has been indicated already - the actual global narrate is basicaly fine. Its Basicaly the same as the mass halucination random event.
The only marginaly stinky thing here is the poll.

And if we wanna be litteral - the pol was about giving appendicitis. They didnt actualy give anyone appendicitis. Just a fake out.
:man_shrugging:

resolved