Admin’s CKEY: WhyIsCaeciliusTaken

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: Global

Which server did the ban happen on? Sage

Ban Type: Server

Ban Length: Permanently

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 2020/05/05

Round ID: 15534

Ban Reason:

Appeal Reason: Took a short break from SS13, here for a note check-up. No new ERP related notes, anywhere! Phew. I’m not here to defend my actions, I’ve made that point clear from the very beginning that I don’t want to defend myself, having not brought up a shield once.

It’s been called that I have a previous ERP note. Which, I guess. It was Vexy telling me to go to LRP if I wanna say stupid LRP terms like sex and cum, shit that gets said on LRP. Which I never repeated.

Thought that was a role-play note, not an erotic related one. Only note that comes to mind, if I have another I don’t mind it being shown. Hell, show all my notes.

Additional Information: I want to see the Discord, that’s honestly more important. NSV’s fun, play it more.

2 Likes

Forgot to mention it in post but an emote ban could work. Just throwing ideas out there.

1 Like

Ehhhhhhhhh, maybe. Depends on what @GameAdmin says. For consistency you should be unbanned on thin ice but I kept hearing about you getting banned on BoomerStation and other places recently.

im fine with him getting unbanned

I’m fine with unban on thin ice too.

I’d like to compare apples to apples. Take a look at my note history on NSV, which is by all means just Bee:

No notes, 80h of playtime. I hope this shows my good intentions.

Hold up, why does Zane get to be unbanned but velvet doesnt?

1 Like

“”""“Zero tolerance”""""

1 Like

The zero tolerance (edit: unappealable) rule didn’t exist at the time of this ban. It appeared a few days after this ban.

3 Likes

Zero tolerance is less the issue than “Unappealable”.

Zero Tolerance means we ban for even minor infractions - non-explicit ERP still treated as ERP and ban issued for it.
Unappealable means the ban should never be removed under any circumstances.

The rule was always supposed to have been zero tolerance, but wasn’t listed as unappealable until after this incident. Unappealable is also the major issue most I’ve seen have with it - it means no second chances if you mess up once even slightly.

Any allowance of an appeal for something listed as unappealable has to fall under:

1. Admin Discretion
Admins have the authority to ‘ignore’ rules when they feel it’s in the best interest of the server/playerbase. They will, however, be fully accountable for their actions.

So let me get this straight, you don’t want “the chiddren” to be exposed to racism, but you want the people who have over 1,000 hours softcore ERPing with each other back. This is AFTER you purge the library of all the naughty books.

L
M
F
A
O

confused at why my post got deleted. also confused on what direction this thread is goin

i’m saying you should not be banning players to help illustrate a point/ new policy. period. that’s not a luxury a low pop online game can afford

2 Likes

wow this makes sesne. ss13 is happy to “float”, yet people are being banned left and right.
you chase out the stable playerbase that would play this game till their demise, and replace it with people that are no way near the big fans of the game as the other people did. imo

1 Like

The “unappealable” part is the only new part of the rule. ERP has ALWAYS been a permanent ban. The only two people that I know that have ERP notes and aren’t currently banned are both former admins.

This is so painfully stupid I’m amazed. “No, we can’t ban people for ERPing around minors because it’s a low pop game. But ban all the mean nasty internet racists.” :thinking:

Here I even made the thread for you.

This is a thread to discuss Velvet’s appeal specifically, not the philosophy behind the rule and it’s enforcement.

I’d rather have transient people who all play nice with each other than a group of hardcore shitlers.

Admins try our best to be unbiased. We generally want “a good server” overall rather than a meta friend gang of people that regularly play but cause havoc each day.

It’s not some special super club to say “hey I’ve got 1 billion hours here”. Ok good for you thanks for playing bro hope you had as much fun as the guy that just joined and set their hair on fire trying to smoke.

Thin ice unban, any issues of any sort for the next 6 weeks will result in this being reapplied.

I cannot lift this personally until I return home tomorrow.

1 Like