Ban Type:
Baned from plaing Virologist and CMO
Ban Length:
14 days
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2023-03-09
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
Obsessed viro: Made a powergaming virus with blob spores in it, didn’t properly prevent spread. Looooot of dead peoples, be more carefull in the future
Appeal Reason:
I wasnt going to make a apeal originaly but after talking abaut this round on discord user Cydia Lamiales told me to make a apeal since she(?) thought the punishment was to severe since the reson for disease spreding was somthing not mention in wiki: need to add spacaline and cryxodone to each individual culture of the disease and not like i thought at the time only to the first one since the copies shoudl have it added by defalut. Since the user is admin I decided to write this apeal since she(?) knows the rules beter than me and while I completly understand the reson for this ban I belive that do to complete lack of information abaut this in wiki and me doing every step to prevent the exact scenario that hapend that the knowlege of the wiki and my expierience as virologyst told me might be needed means that the disaster that folowed isnt sqarly on me. Disease was benefitial but I didnt want to spread it publicly since in very specyfick cyrcumstances it coudl be lethal and if not for the lack of knowlege that i had no way of gaining without knowing in advance that i have the lack of knowlege, it woudnt spread and the bigest damade it coudl do is kiling me and spawning 1 blob node.
Additional Information:
I dont agree with the term powergaming disease since virologist is a job focused on making the best benefitial disease posible and my disease was one of my tries to do exacly that. I want to have prepered recepties for most posible ocasions and single target buff is the one i was testing at the time. I belive it is fully in line with the job of virologyst and as such cannot be counted as powergaming.

From this section of the disease wiki: https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Infections#Disease_chemicals_and_modification

Spaceacillin

Spaceacillin will “Falter” a disease, making it unable to spread by any method but injection, and some symptoms like Macrophage. Good for personal diseases, or if you wanna meet a transmission threshold without spreading the disease.

Cryostylane

Cryostylane will Preserve a disease, making it unable to be mutated any further. If you finish a disease, you should Preserve it so it can’t be edited. A Preserved disease won’t evolve while spreading- if you make a spreading beneficial disease, you should definitely preserve it.

No, the issue in question is that when you create another bottle of the culture though the PANDEMIC, it doesn’t carry over the faltering and preserving, so you have to apply Spaceacillin and Cryostylane. That’s not mentioned on the wiki and only becomes apparent through gameplay.

1 Like

Explanation seems plausible enough given that this interaction is rather niche job specific knowledge. I’m accepting this appeal, although unfortunately the ban has expired by now so this just means that the note will be edited for future reference.

You now know how this mechanic works, a repeat incident, intentional or not, will likely not be seen as accidental - or at the very least would result in a more severe punishment. Please be mindful of this mechanic going forward.