WhyIsCauciliusTaken wrongfully banned me

It

isn’t

your job to subdue people while you are a doctor. It is normal to kill a traitor as a non-sec on

Golden

because the rules are

different

There is no

validhunting people into maint because you think they’re unrobust

on

Sage.

Is this clear enough?

This conversation is beginning to go in circles. All I’ll say is that since you had them chemist by your side, you could have easily subdued the girl if she woke up, and and you had no business spacing them regardless. Only on Golden can you kill antags, AND THIS WAS NOT ON GOLDEN.

@admins Sorry to bother you, but this player does not understand what he’s done wrong, and believes himself justified in both his actions and his interpretation of the rules. Can you please clear this up for him?

The Beestation website only lists the rules for Golden when you click on rules.
The rules say the validhunting is baiting someone into becoming valid
I never baited anyone.
I keep fucking saying this, yet you keep fucking insisting I valid hunted.
Even though that rule was on the Golden rules, why would the definition for it be any different?
It’s the fault of the website not listing it being for Golden.
I read the damn rules and according to the rules I did nothing wrong, how the hell was I supposed to know it was for Golden? It’s just the Beestation website.

I’m sorry, but the rules I read were for Golden, but it didn’t list them as for Golden. I simply clicked “rules” on the Beestation website and they were very different from the rules given to me in the thread

There is a separate ruleset for Sage.

I know that now, but it wasn’t shown clearly. On closer examination there are 2 buttons that said LRP and MRP, but they’re vague and I glance over them as I just wanted to read the rules.
It just says “Beestation rules” so I assumed they were for both servers.

If you to even CONSIDER playing on Sage, you should’ve at least simply noted that a one button says MRP and the other says LRP on the rules page. Also, on what server are LRP and MRP rules the same?

They don’t even look like buttons. My browser doesn’t have that big yellow underline

Oh, and I just found something out by looking into the rules. A doctor CAN play the role of security.

The last sentence
So I was allowed to do it myself since I made a reasonable effort to solicit a service from security, didn’t receive it and they were absent to provide it. I was permitted to do it myself and I did exactly that. I was allowed to play judge, jury, executioner and detective because there were none of those present.

That means that if science isn’t researching stuff/no one in science you have the right to attempt to break in and do the job that is lacking, but you are still expected to do your job and can’t just run around valid hunting because “there is no security, medicine to wait, the valid must be slayed”

For fuck’s sake it isn’t validhunting! The definition for valid hunting is in the LRP rules.

Valid hunting is dropping your job on the station to kill someone because they are “deemed valid” someone said the chemist was antag, so you left your job and hunted them down to “subdue” them you hunted valids

It also tells you to

Use reasonable self-defense; subdue, but do not try to revenge-kill, any assailants.

and in the exact same section as the one you just mentioned that

Non-antagonists are required to perform their assigned job in good faith. Breaks are fine, but ignoring your department and obligations is not. This goes especially true for Silicons, Heads of Staff, and Security.

You ignored your position as a doctor to murder two people who weren’t even confirmed antagonists.

I did not ignore my position. My job was taken care of, there were no sick or injured people.
I didn’t revenge kill anyone, your point there is completely invalid. Furthermore I did subdue them at first, and then I rightfully took the role as security since there were none.

The name might imply that, but the rules say so otherwise.

I’m not trying to make this an argument, and I can see where you messed up, but you did break the rules, you made a mistake, just accept it and when you get unbanned (or if the appeal is accepted) to play MRP like MRP! I hope you don’t think this is just aggression for the point of aggression.

1 Like

No no, you’re fine, it’s just annoying me that people have the wrong meaning of valid hunting, one that’s not at all the same as in the rules. I try to explain this, but people just keep saying I valid hunt without a counter argument or a written definition somewhere on this website.

Let’s look at the golden rules, which is what you read “Validhunting (seeking/baiting players to kill in validity) in turn, makes you valid.” Now this is LRP rules so it makes you valid in turn but excessive valid hunting is bannable, but MRP is a lot more strict in the rule as you can see it’s not just “baiting” it’s “seeking” as well. Baiting is trying to get people to make themselves valid, seeking is watching and waiting for someone to be declared valid and chasing them.

I know, but I never waited for them to become valid. I wanted to prevent that very thing by talking it out, but she just ran away. I even tried subduing her non-lethally even though I was 65% sure she was an antag.

That’s fine, subduing someone who is possibly a threat makes sense, but they were subdued meaning they were no longer a threat. If you were considered a security officer, you could have attempted to take them in to the jail, but it was the writing and spacing two people who were no longer a threat, also as for the “waiting” I was meaning you heard someone say someone was antag on comms and ran towards that to go apprehend that person as soon as possible, it just means you are chasing valids, I’m sorry I’m not the best to explain the rules, that’s up to the admins! but I think I explained it to the best of my abilities, again I’m sorry if I came off aggressive I wasnt trying to make it sound like that, have a great day!