Why MRP stands for Minimum RP and why it has to change +how to change

Ever Since MRP got higher player base, roleplay level went severely down.
With higher playerbase it is obviously harder to keep the same rp level among all the players. The thing that bother me is how high pop affects players mentality, and i mean by this every LRP player playing on Sage because Sage have higher pop at the moment, without even keeping the roleplay standard. I think lowering pop cap further wont help maintain the RP level, i believe that what we need the most is Rule adjustment, with them being more restrictive and more detailed (for example listing some prohibited behavior). With that being said, punishments for powergamming on sage or simply abandonning your post for the whole round should be strengthened and posted as Sage only bans.

Why we need this ?

• MRP SHOULD BE MRP
    I know there is many players just like me, who expect “more” , people who actually try to do their job, who are not complete shitters and do not want to see blood and fight all the times. I believe there is many people who are taking slots for other who really wants to RP.
  • LOOC and new players
    I also noticed many new players, having problems with something and asking IC, which this is not as harmfull, it breaks game immersion, and i think it could be easly solved by exposing more LOOC chat. i often offer solutions by saying something in LOOC but not a lot people notice the message as it is not exposed and blends with OOC chat.
  • Plus if we got more detailed rules, i am sure it would be easier to classify and punish people according to list.

Examples
Its probably hard to understand what i have in mind by saying all this, and as “raw” material it might sound a bit harsh, thats why i decided to provide some examples and my personal opinion in areas that are discusses by players and other mentors.

• Botany
    Botanists who decide to extract dangerous genes making super powerfull deadly plant. - i dont think making deadly plants should be ever allowed for botanists except if they got permit and station is in state that security cannot fight the current threat. As this could be considered powergamming there often non-antag people who just do that “because its fun” and such people should be redirected to LRP as MRP is not a place to possibly make a bigger threat out of “fun”. To those who think it never happens. i just happened to have more than few rounds lately and experiencing it, then actually trying to explain IC that we shouldnt be doing that.
    I would say apart from that, healing plants can be helpfull to the station, and getting healing plants takes some time (usually station evacuates before you get anything usefull and anyone can use it) and should be allowed.
    botany1
    i udnerstand its fun to make plants like these, but one traitor breaks in, steal it and its over

• Chemistry
    Here situation is simpler, chemists making meth, nothing else, and not even hiding with it. when asked by HOP if he at least did some basic meds for medical, answered “dunno,never been there lol”.
    This is basic shittery and not even funny anymore.

• AI and borgs
    This is my overall observation, AI’s and borgs not acting like silicons, using nerdy and cringy language specially on :b, acting with feelings, when technically they shouldnt understand emotions.
    Often crossing their laws, ignoring crewharm or crewrequests, “lol he is traitor, kill him” while even if traitor, they still stand in manifest, and as long as they do not harm others, they should be considered the same.

• Devils
    Devils are extremely weak antags at the moment however i think they give amazing RP opportunities, and as i believe they generally need a rework, there can be one easy change to slightly better up their position. They should be considered by crewsimov AI as crew untill they change into their first lizard form. AI helping security fight devils, make them loose extremely quick, by simply tracking and locking them down without any way to escape.

Propositions

• as mentioned earlier, putting more details into rules, being more generous about sage only bans for behavor such as powergamming and abandonning your post.
  • higher enforce of space law (so we avoid situations someone is getting arrested and put to jail for 10 minutes for sliping captain on banana peal) (and also eliminating space drugs easy restribution, as space drugs are not an issue itself, the issue is that they shouldnt be commonly allowed to destribute)
  • Exposing and changing LOOC color to be diffrent from OOC
  • More specific silicon rules and silicon RP standards, as they tend to be diffrent depending on which admin you ask. (silicons should be considered as a difficult role and therefore its advised to play by experienced players)

I know the list could be longer, but this is just the situations i encountered and found extremely annoying lately. After all, on MRP everyone should be focused to do the best they can to help other crewmembers and station to function correctly. I encourage to post your own thoughts about this and situations you encountered, or what you think needs to be changed on MRP.

9 Likes

I agree with this 100%. Sage is basically just Golden. Sometimes I go on MRP and think it’s LRP because I honestly can’t tell those two apart.

4 Likes

lol complaining about botany making plants gtfo to hrp lmao

9 Likes

haha yeah come on don’t actual botanists like make super dangerous weed and stuff? lmao just grow some balls already (pun intended) /s

2 Likes

Go to LRP lol

20 characters

Nooooooo you can’t just make dangerous plants you have no IC reason my immersion is ruined!!!

Haha nitroglycerin bombs go boooooom.

4 Likes

YOOOOOO WTF WHY IS THE BOTANIST ON THE RESEARCH FACILITY MAKING EXPERIMENTAL PLANTS WTF THAT’S NOT RP!!! NOOOO!!
you’re a retard play ss13 for more than 2 days lmao

7 Likes

shitters go cri because they need second golden.

check the actual mrp servers and standards.

2 Likes

He’s banned from sage anyways and shit posts every thread. Just ignore it. There are people who will have actual conversations, whether they agree or not.

6 Likes

Most of this seems relatively logical, although I have a few reservations about overcomplicating rules. I still personally think Space Law should be manadatory in MRP, but at the same time I don’t want it devolving, wait evolving into HRP by accident.

lmao cry more retard play ss13 for more than 2 days

4 Likes

motherfucker do u even play on beestation any more i haven’t seen u in like a month

1 Like

This game takes place in 25 something and it’s on a state of the art space station run by a megacorporation. I think nanotrasen could have invented AI that can understand basic human emotion and use some slang by this point.

Reminder that the Ai is a brain

• " When you play as an asimov silicon, you need to undertake a higher standard of responsibility for RP purposes.
    You are not a human with emotions that responds with tears and anger when a human doesn’t do what you want them to.

-taken from beestation cyborg wiki page

• “Recall, personality, that you are a complex thinking, sentient being. Unlike station AI models, you are capable of comprehending the subtle nuances of human language. You may parse the “spirit” of a directive and follow its intent, rather than tripping over pedantics and getting snared by technicalities. Above all, you are machine in name and build only. In all other aspects, you may be seen as the ideal, unwavering human companion that you are.”

-taken from pAI wiki page

Go to hrp then if you dont like mrp
You obv want some high rp while its just not that.

4 Likes

The way I view MRP is that its a mix for everyone. You can do a few LRP things with a little more moderation and you can also RP without two assistants walking up to you and calling you a â– â– â–  for RPing.

Simply put MRP is never going to be your perfect wonderland of RP. Your not gonna have a chemist every round making the good cheems and your never going to have all the botanists making shit for the chef 24/7. Why they do this? Well because doing dangerous shit is fucking fun. I don’t want to sit around watching boring tomatoes grow, I want my tomatoes to explode into giant gibs, I don’t want to sit around making helpful chems that will only be recognised and used once per round I wanna inject the universe’s wildest drugs into me until my heart stops flat. That is the fun of SS13 doing dumb shit.

And unless you wanna bring LRP back into it’s original highpop state YOU WILL NEVER and I mean NEVER achieve your special Medium roleplay server

3 Likes

I think that just means that you shouldn’t shock someone in anger when they ignore you, not that you shouldn’t call someone a bitch when they act like an idiot. Also the AI saying shit like bruh can be easily explained, they have an internet connection and can use words from urban dictionary. Also non roundstart AIs are literally just human brains in a shell.

1 Like

yeah basically this, if u want to get valid for talking as mime play mrp but if u want to get permabanned for talking go ahead and go high roleplay…

the state Sage is right now, is nowhere near MRP.
it should be between. check paradise for example. then once again check sage. and you will see huge diffrence in RP, when para is basically MRP too. the proper MRP.

i dont want HRP, i dont want to stay still as antag and putting *me actions before i shoot or slash with desword, nor take 30 minutes to describe what i do.
i just want MRP to be MRP, not LRP.

i want people to do what they should do.
LRP is LRP for reason, if the only fun is for you to make exploding berries or gib tomatos, go to LRP and noone will ever say a thing, because this is the exact place you should be doing that.

but there are people like me who wants more than that. and thats why sage should be this place.
I want to have decent interactions with people. I want to simply enjoy my job as botany/chemist/doctor without all this shit around.

Also powergamming wouldnt be a thing if others wouldnt have to fill for people who decide to be shitters all round instead.

Tell me, how is sage diffrent from Golden right now, because i dont see many diffrences. except from faster walking.

1 Like