Why jungle fever is a shitty antag round and should be removed

jungle fever is a shitty antag round and should be removed

Really though, it’s actually a less-desirable antag to clockcult, and clockies are generally considered to be pretty garbage-tier antags. The idea itself isn’t impossible to pull off, it’s a decent enough idea in that a horrible and difficult-to-contain virus breaks out among the staff and has to be contained. The issues, however, mostly lie in two things:

A. It escalates WAY too quickly -
On the rare occasion that a jungle fever round actually gets past the initial “i see monkey i beat to death” phase, there’s pretty much no downtime in the round. It goes from 0-100 within the span of MAYBE 10 minutes at most, and is usually less-so. Compare this to the average round of War Ops, which takes time to prepare on both sides if war is declared. It’s chaotic eventually, and usually causes more overall chaos, but still gives times to properly get adjusted into a job-type without having to be wary of a tiny furry fucker biting your crotch and giving you primate AIDs.

B. Monkeys are too disposable to be fun to play as -
A very similar roundtype to monkeys in terms of the scale is revolutionaries. As a rev, you are also usually given very little chance to resist revving if you aren’t wearing glasses. However, you are also afforded full human functionality as well as the ability to blend in with nonrevs. Monkeys don’t have this and they almost always die within 5 minutes of monkification because of it. Along with this, there is no way to handle a monkey except for le death. With revs, you’re given a few options - Kill, jail or deconvert, all of which come with their own pros and cons.
Infected people? It’s just die, die, or die extra hard.

Monkeys are only any fun alongside other antags as they really just can’t carry an entire round by themselves. Maybe a similar gamemode with zombies would hold on its own better, but I primarily want the monkey cunts to eat shit and die.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk

3 Likes

well well well, i gotta agree, sometimes you rush to get your items roundstart, get prepared and bam, round is over, WHY? because some monkey died, also THE CURE IS DEATH, SO MCU H FUN OH YEAH!!!,
finnally, it would be cool if it was replaced by zombie gamemode, but make it like 5 minutes to prepare for zombies and BAM, 10 percent get infected

1 Like

YAY I GOT LIKE AND I DIDNT EVEN BEG FOR IT THIS TIME!!! FILLER TEXT
FILLER TEX TFI LLER TEX TFILL EasdasdasdR TEXTFILLER TEXT

not gonna lie it feels pretty shitty to spend 10 minutes setting up fusion and right as you pop the first can in the round ends but at least it’s better than an 80 hour rev round
and even that’s better than watching 4 lings spam recall the shuttle at 95

so I dont really have a huge problem with monkeys especially considering how fragile they are and how rarely the rounds get gunked up with terrible shit. Remove as soon as fucking possible.

edit: I meant to type “Remove lings as soon as possible.”

1 Like

i love how you can’t save people from monkeys, they get bit, get infected, killed and STAY dead. changelings, conversion antags and monky round sucks so much fucking dick
WHY THE FUCK IS ASSIMILATION AND CREEP STILL EXIST IN THE GAME MODE THEY SUCK FUCKING ASS

you can technically clone them to cure them, but nobody ever does that because they’re too busy validhunting infected people and monkeys to care

how bro taking out the brain doesnt work and im guessing that trying to rehumanize them puts them back to monky

bro i meant cloning dead infected, monkeys are fucked forevah

fucked forever
Sorry, but as a botnis who found a way to clone dead mumkies I refuse

1 Like

share your secrets, wizard

replica pod

lolno

Strange Reagent is a chemical that works similar to a defibrillator. As long as the body doesn’t have severe amounts of damage, it’ll bring the body back to life. It consists of 3 chemicals:

Omnizine, holy water, and unstable mutagen.

From my limited understanding of botany, holy water and omnizine can be extracted from the plants that botanists can grow. If the botanist didn’t have unstable mutagen at that point for whatever reason, it can also, with given time, be made with botany alone. Curing the damages of dead bodies is another problem for them, though.

Add gorillas so there is a second caste of monkey, like an enforcer – it would be more like Xeno that way.

This actually was just added:

1 Like