Why isn't it against antag conduct to take a ghost role as BB?

If you’re Blood Brother you should need to be in it for the long haul. Just because you fuck up once doesn’t mean you fuck off to play ash walker and flip the middle finger to your blood brother who’s dragging your now-soulless corpse to medbay because they actually care about the role.

And cryoing as blood brother should be right-out unless you ahelp and get it sorted. And if you can’t get it sorted, it’s probably just better to SSD in an ID locked locker in dorms and tell your BB which one so they can at least try to greentext.

Imagine not being permabanned from blood brother 8c3

8 Likes

My bb literally 4 minutes ago died in lava land lava

It should definitely be against BB conduct to dick around on lavaland. I know shaft miners gotta mine to at least keep up appearances, but they need to be extra double fucking careful.

No fighting megafauna as BB.

He didn’t even use the new comms I had to ask admins

1 Like

Because we don’t expect players to wait the whole round for a res and losing greentext isn’t the end of the world.

If a player dies, they are free to disconnect or take ghost roles. On the other hand, going to cryo as BB is already treated as an issue - players receive a warning prompt when they try to cryo as any type of Antagonist.

2 Likes

You don’t expect that from non-BB. You expect it from BB.

And if seriously really don’t mind, then when someone disconnects as BB you need to give their brother solo objectives. Every time. I mean make it a mechanic, code it in. If they DNR, give their BB solo objectives.

Literally just change last obj to escape alive

No, I don’t. Nor does any of staff. Helping your team stops when you die and they would only be punished if the death was intentional.

Losing greentext is not the end of the world, nor is it bad team play to abandon your dead body if you wish.

2 Likes

This is not that kind of game. If you enable Blood Brothers you are in for the long hall. Disable it if you don’t think you can do it.

Losing greentext is not the end of the world

What do you want them to do? Just lose through no fault of their own because their blood brother got bored?

Since they can’t even greentext any more… do they go after their objectives? Does it matter? Can they just do whatever they want? Can they kill the clown for giggles? Can they release the maxcap they were gonna use anyway even though they have no chance of winning and no way of defending that action?

Would you even give them solo objectives if they asked?

Fun fact:

So few people have blood brothers enabled that people are frequently forced into it against their will. Rather than re-rolling the round type when it fails, players are forced into antags they have disabled.

Literally, yes - as long as they died legitimately. Shit happens outside of your control in SS13 all the time, it’s part of the game.

You still get a partial success for having your other objectives done.

2 Likes

partial success isn’t a thing ruko, it’s all or nothing

and if the structure of shit doesn’t matter WHY DOES ANYTHING.

you’re making me existential

1 Like

I think what Michiru is trying to say here is that if a BB DNRs then their buddy is kinda just cucked out of a greentext and something should be done to alleviate that

How about you play to have fun instead

4 Likes

If a BB cryo’s or goes DNR, the syndicate sensors notice and upload a task to escape alive without them like a tator would get

2 Likes

I don’t get forcing someone into a role they don’t want to play. If there aren’t enough people who want to play bb… just switch it to another antag (like just a regular traitor)?

You can’t really force people to play things they don’t find fun in a video game, they’ll just disconnect. I regularly ahelp out of forced antags I don’t enjoy or aren’t feeling at the time, but I suspect many others just quit, go SSD, or meme.

That’s how you get banned.

5 Likes

You are preaching to the choir on this. I have pushed for BB to be entirely removed for a looong time because it’s so poorly received by players that our code has resorted to forcing people into the role

An even better solution is to re-do how round type is selected to respect whether enough people have a specific antag enabled before selecting the round type… but there’s this whole WYCI problem here

I can tell you that anytime someone gets an antagonist role they have disabled, we freely work with them to manually remove it if possible, turning their brother into a normal tot usually

2 Likes

I like the idea of BB, just not being forced into it. I have a similar problem with abductee, you’re forced to do it (which involves laying around on the floor for 10 minutes while they 1 hit stun 8 other people) and it may turn out really unfun (they give you some shitter ass trauma like firey sweat) so I just immediately ghost out, because fuck that.

It is for every antag unless ahelped