Why do we have a POP-Cap all of a sudden? Why do we even need it?

Preventing people from using your service will make make people look elsewhere for it if they have no idea if they’re going to be able to play or not. This is a very bad idea.

2 Likes

because jannies think that having lower pop means less norp behaviour

2 Likes

I mean it does make sense. You can still have normal shifts going up to maybe 60-70 people. But when it gets to 80-90 it becomes impossible to have a normal shift.

If you have any other solutions then please share.

1 Like

There are only so many job slots available. After a point it is only assistants in a round with nothing to do. It is a fact that rounds 60+ are by far more chaotic and ticket saturated. That number of people is better suited to lrp rules and play style.

Also the MRP server has been buckling under the 90+ pop lately while lrp has 30-40 players. Chopping of that last 30 and overflow and pushing it to lrp should help maintain stability. If you try to join at cap you are just redirected. It’s not really a set up that would lower player count much if at all. Chances are we may get back some dedicated MRP Bois and high pop on lrp will bring back dedicated high pop lrp Bois.

5 Likes

Pretty much this. We’ve been consistently breaking 100 players which just hasn’t been good for roleplay and overwhelms our staff. Despite the common misconception, the higher the roleplay level the more oversight it requires. This wont be a fix-all, but it should help us get things into a more manageable position to resolve the greater issues, and to keep rounds enjoyable for people that actually want to roleplay.

4 Likes

There’s been a lot of discussion leading to this:

2 Likes

yeah but what’s stopping lrp players for taking all 70 slots?

2 Likes

who are you didnt read

4 Likes

Simple…money they want it

1 Like

Badge limit. Don’t have certain nooby badges, you can’t join MRP. Vets trolls and those new to bee or the game in general. If you’re trying to troll here and you game the system, the longer time on LRP will give the admins a higher chance of catching the shitty behavior you do there before it gets to MRP.

1 Like

or 30, or 20? My point exactly.

1 Like

Define badges. How are they supposed to be implemented?
Also mixing all the noobs with the griefers and trolls sounds like a great experience and great way to learn

1 Like

like soyboy when you drink the soy milk, stuff like that

this is what happens already when people get an MRP only ban

2 Likes

But you can’t judge a players actions on LRP to how he’d react on MRP
For example if I bust into his department on LRP and start taking his shit maybe pushing him around, being both new and as he’s reacting to something I’ve done that shouldn’t happen on MRP he may for instance kill me but he wouldn’t on MRP feel me?

The saddest story I heard was 2 players killed a new player they didn’t know was new but he was happily roleplaying talking to the bot etc having fun time
They threw him in disposal loop and he sat there for 5 mins cause he didn’t know what was happening only cause @Kasual noticed it was they saved
I still think about that now, but my point is it’s unfair to judge players actions in chaos when they are new so arnt acting only reacting

2 Likes

Aw… there goes quiet LRP round were everyone is f r i e n d s

1 Like

Robust your way to the top
Become someone you don’t want to mess with

2 Likes

Pop cap is literally the stupidest thing I have seen in this game so far.

We can discuss details but this system is fundamentally wrong. If I wanted to play LRP I would join Golden not Sage. Unless both server have same status it doesn’t make any sense at all, if you don’t get it imagine pushing players to server with other codebase, we’re just not interested. We want to play within certain rules so either make both servers MRP or ditch this pop cap system.

What kind of problem does it even solve? I would get it if it was set to some crazy high number which was determined by how much server hardware can handle but its not, we got the technology and maps that can hold more people than current cap limit.

Server still can be flooded by trolls and griefers, your limit won’t guarantee that people who want to play according to mrp rules will make it, you may pretty much be blocking ‘good guys’ while hordes of selfantaggers will be roaming the station.
Only real solution is finally starting enforcing the rules. A lot of situations that should be bannable end up being ignored or with light bans and its a common knowledge that some people get special treatment, it takes just a few rounds to notice same people pushing the line constantly and in best case scenario getting day or 3 day bans while they have few pages of bans and notes. Don’t even want to start on rounds where no admins are on because in most cases even if someone will make a forum report it will be never addressed. If you don’t want whitelist then you need to start punishing people breaking the rules and cutting them off (that actually applies to both server because there are some people that are still around and should have been long gone even from LRP).

Also if the problem is supposedly that it is hard to control that amount of people then why we can’t stay to observe? We’re instantly pushed to golden without option to stay as ghost that can’t affect the round, that doesn’t add up.

Also I have very shitty pc, every round I need to restart the game at least once to fix heavy lags or not working in-game windows (things like pda, tablets, consoles, air alarm setting etc pop up as blank white windows). Yesterday I had to restart the client between the rounds because I had this issue and couldn’t set myself to ready, limit was reached so I couldn’t come back that evening. As annoying as it is it was at least between rounds so I wasn’t really in game, but what would happen if I had to reset the game, bah, it sometimes crashes on its own, in the middle of round? Will your system recognize that I have character that is currently alive in game or I may be pushed to Golden because someone will join in a meantime?

How did you prepare for potential abuse? We already had issues with DDoS, I just can’t wait to see Sage completely blocked for everyone because same people will decide its funny to join it on 60 alts…

REEEE I CANT PUSH LRP INTO MRP TO ROBUST THE ROLEPLAYERS REEEEE.

Shut up and deal with it go back to lrp.

A lot of people who play on MRP right now play because it is the higher player population. That is self-admitted by them themselves.

You are missing the fact that over 60 players usually results in 40+ tickets. 30 players on MRP though usually has 10-15 tickets at most. Its disproportionate and jumps after ~50-60. That’s due to people not having jobs and the sheer chaos in numbers.

If people grief they get banned. Having too many tickets and chaos lends to people being able to get by if they are not ahelped. Lower pop means less tickets which means more attention on the round and others who would have gotten away with things.

This is objectively wrong and insulting. Go look at the player report forum section. While it does take time to process them, every single one is looked at and gone through.

It’s not about observer limit, it is about server cap. Kinda lame to have someone join the server and be force to observe, rather than up front directing them to LRP or not having them join. A small pool is good so that round start ghost roles can happen without drawing from crew.

Shit like this will be reduced with less people. Although in your particular case I guess, not fixed.

I do not know, crossed would have to answer this or it’d have to be tested.

This is a ■■■■■■ed arguement. If someone mutlikeys and we know they get banned. Why not just make 200 alts right now since its such a threat. We’re not going to base our rules/decisions solely off of hypothetical grief scenarios.

4 Likes

remove limit it bad it rertarded!!!