Why are we beta testing Corgstation on lrp?

I definitely agree but I’m not 100% on whether players will enjoy it.

You’d have to
A. fix junk food, make it not give nutrition, maybe it just stalls the effects of hunger a bit.
B. tighten up mood. There’s a lot of pointless moodlets that can be powergamed easily if it’s an actual problem for you and the system itself can be too jumpy. From that you should have to do things that usually involve players to really effectively get a good mood. A lot will just grab good food/drink/pray wordlessly and leave, but you’ll at least nudge a few to talk.

That’d do it, but I don’t think people would actually welcome it. Not that it’s binary of course, the food rework on /tg/ (which is on my list once I have time) helps with the first issue a bit along with making chef a bit more fun to play.

What did tg do to food?

tbh I see no issue with people not going out of their way to go to the kitchen / bar (People do it sometimes for food, but that’s about it)

This isn’t because rp yay or nay, it’s because… why would you go to the bar…? Especially if there’s no one else.

You pass by the bar, see something that might interest you such as a fight, clown doing some funny shit or people you like talking to; it’s like driving by a shop, you know

I Mean, the reason that’s a problem was mentioned before. There’s no reason to seek it out so mappers are constrained to placing them right in the middle or else people will ignore them. Some mechanical nudges to make it worth your time helps w/ that issue.

W/ /tg/ cooking the tl;dr aside from a huge code rework is that they’re making it more active

They aren’t finished yet, but for example with steaks/burgers you place them on a griddle instead of in a microwave, and then assemble it afterwards. Stuff like that.

Griddle feels Good and sounds Good.
(Tbh I went off track and just talked about the overall changes, but junk food was also nerfed)

There’s also tourist bots which you can turn on, they basically arrive and place an order you have to fill to get a reward. Just some extra job content and it encourages you to make stuff you usually wouldn’t have to kill time.

We all know how this went.

4 Likes

You can’t kill a god.
On a more serious note, half of that stuff happens due to unorganised coding. There should be a set of checks that most items should run through where for every item you can give back a boolean if it is affected by it or not. That is partly already the case (for example with viro) , but not in a way to make future releases easier without having to restrict department fantasies due to the fear of abuse.

Imagine if every department could have the depth of xenobio without having to fear certain item combos breaking game balance due to every item “set” being restricted in it’s interactions with the items they are supposed to interact with.

FWIW these things were fixed pretty quickly and were fun while they lasted

Yes i know. It was just pretty funny for awhile.

I would not be opposed to actually taking a few ideas (Or more specifically, machines.) from both Bay and /vg/ (Yes i am being serious.) for a food rework. Should i branch this off?

Yeah, branch it off if this is gonna be a big tangent

My first Corgstation fixes were merged, please use the Corgstation feedback thread so I can fix/change things based on peoples experience.

fuckin love corgstation

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.