Who's the best at each job currently?

I was over here in deathchat giggling at how hard they were committing to the bit without even having laws related to it
If i’m antag and they’re AI you can bet i’m giving them a hacked upload law that tells them to ignore all other laws and to act as a pirate out for ALL the booty

marinamistake

6 Likes

QU is the best AI. As said before, Huk is a very good HoS. Soo is an amazing doctor. And i’m the best clown MUAHAHAHAHHA

1 Like

5 Likes

My top 3 players, ever?
(I don’t prioritize how effective they are, I care how well they RP in a job and how fun they make shifts, which is a much more important characteristic than how efficient they are.)

In no particular order:
Curator/Chaplain: Jacob David | Datfrostys: Absolutely stellar gimmicks and RP, without fail. Always a pleasure to interact with and there aren’t exceptions.

Security: Edward Irish | Serket: Always willing to RP, often has a gimmick or some way to spice up the shifts and is competing over the top spot of the best security players I’ve encountered.

Medical: Katya Shirogane | Pirill: Divine RP quality, reliable in every role they fill and in my eyes a role model roleplayer along with Datfrostys, even if they don’t often have a gimmick.

4 Likes

If you’re not in the list, it’s probably because I don’t see you much! This is a highlight reel, not an award, haha.

Command
Gabriel Tesfaye
Really fun to play with. Love how he’s always up for gimmicks and stuff despite the incredibly difficult role he finds himself in. molt bene.

Lori - HoP
Lori is a HoP who does the job without becoming a tinpot dictator every five seconds, doesn’t hound staff with paperwork, and is cheerful and responsive to RP. Very good, very fun to play with.

Security
These guys are the dream team. They allow for fun RP, whilst still being robust enough to keep threats from causing a shuttle call more often than not. They all play HoS and officer, so I’m not distinguishing:

Kane Semenguy
Dressed all in black. Maximum Edge. Shadow the hedgehog in secoff form. Makes funny jokes from time to time. Catches me sometimes when I’m tot. I’m not mad (I’m mad).

Bane Chuck
Makes me think of like… a 90s action hero cop. Talks in a genial, boastful, masculine manner that makes you imagine his sechud shades reflecting the flames of hell back at you. (That was a cool hand luke reference, I’m not making a statement here.)

Morgan Strange
Really taciturn at times, but not in a bad way. Clearly thinks about what he’s saying. Really shines in command roles. Good at sending out people, gets officers to check in. Actually RPs being an officer to these lads. King.

Dustin Smith - Detective.
Valuable. Consistent. Iconic.
Dustin Smith is one of those characters that really plays into what he was given by his role. I’ve followed my man Dustin around as a seccie doing buddy cop shenanigans and I gotta tell you man is IN. CHARACTER.
You can practically feel the noire jazz emanating off him in palpable waves. If you see a detective in a poncho crouching over a spent cigarette butt, scanning it as he lets loose with some 80s film noire lines, you know you’ve got a winner.

Axel Hawker - Lawyer
Axel Hawker. The style. The Grace. The Chaos. Axel’s capability for turning your shift upside down if you go along with his gimmicks is nothing short of hilarious. Buy into his crackpot ideas and I guarantee that, barring the shuttle arriving, nothing’s gonna stop Mr Hawker’s wild ride. “Going along with what Axel suggests” could be a game-mode all on its own. Fuck dynameme, gimme that SS13.

Engineering

Cryphia Liebherri - Engineer
This moth can make the SM stop delamming when the atmos bug stops air flowing. I dunno what else you need to know, that’s a triple-S engineer right there. He also knows how to do CO2 injections from Atmos and actually pays attention all round. Frankly he’s the only engie current SM nonsense is balanced for.

Frank Adamczyk - Engineer
HE’S HERE TO FRANK THINGS UP!!
Hilarious guy. A Frank for all seasons. Wires solars. knows basic SM. Is based.

Lavender Addison - Engie
Pretty sure Lavendar plays a bajillion roles but this is what I saw her on last. Pays attention and fufills her role in a way that makes you rely on her. Really great character play. Doesn’t like it when you offer her bottled water

Medical
Omar El-Masry - Medical doctor
“Can I still praise Allah after being mindshielded?”
I had a hearty laugh. Inshallah, brother.

Lowwy Thorley - Paramedic
This man has the constitution of a saint. Very good at finding people who don’t have sensors maxed. Persistent at getting to where he needs to be. Also just a very fun character to be around. Terrifying when antag.

Science
Marina Pisces - Scientist (and chaplain!)
What can be said about the piscomancer that hasn’t been said before. She’s got this… Incredible depth of knowledge about the game. I feel like you put her in any role and she’ll have this fun gimmick she’s been working on. That being said when she’s an antag it’s a fucking XK-class end of the world scenario.

D.A. -N. I-EI - RD/Scientist/Robo
very active and responsive. Does research. knows how to manage the nerds. Makes shells (meaning AI players everywhere rejoice at his company).

Jessica Millhouse - Robo, medical doctor
As a doctor, put my limbs back on. put my blood back in. 10/10.
As a Robo, makes shells when asked by her AI, works efficiently, Does The Damn Job. good shit.

Supply

Taylor Fisher - QM
The man, the myth, the legend. Love the attitude of working class candour and the willingness to do funny stuff for the sake of banter. The time he painted a literal poem about how terrible Glow station Cargo was in graffiti on the floor of the aforementioned cargo bay still makes me laugh whenever I think about it.

EPS - Cargo Tech (Mailbot)
This fuckin’ bot, man. I’ve talked about him before here, this lil bot just makes me so happy.

Service
Plants - Botanist
Cheerful, helpful, warm. Does the job. Roleplays. One of the few moth characters that roleplays a noticably different species to human.

Civilian
Edward motherfucking Irish - assistant
Has pink hair.
Is a Being of Chaos.
Deftly skirts the line of self antag to keep those seccies in line.

10 Likes

Gonna name my absolute Gs that I see and interact frequently.

• Zack Bell: Genius, always plays along, knows how to have fun
  • Soo-Min: We are always having adventures
  • Ego: “Hi Ego” “Heya Plants” they keep walking
  • HOW IS HOROLOGIUM NOT MENTIONED EVEN ONCE IN THIS THREAD? ONE OF THE BEST CAPTAINS, HILAROUS
  • Emboes Jackson: It’s always in the perfect spot between “I have to do my job” and “I don’t wanna be the fun police”
  • Huk: Actually pretty good HoS
  • Theft: Absolutely goofball
  • QU: Best AI ever, I ike them so much and I love that they actually come and search for me to say hi
  • Cryphia Liebherri: I haven’t talked so much with them but it’s a nice fun moff
  • Milli: pretty good moff
6 Likes

I will say that I owe players like Cotton Plant, CareTaker, XeonMations, Szczebrzeszyn, itsmeowdev, Wrill, Pirill, RKz, and many, many others, for their help in teaching me what I know.

An especially big shoutout goes to Cotton Plant for spending so much time and teaching me many tricks to keep the SM stable, as well as many other things about engineering.

6 Likes

Shit I forgot Emboes. Shit I forgot Ego. SHIT I FORGOT SOO. Help there are too many 10s on this server how am I meant to mention all of them D:

5 Likes

Right? There are so many incredible players on this server, that it’d be hard to list them all

4 Likes

I maintain that I’m actually the best xenobiologist. Although, in truth, the best xenobiologist is teamwork.

2 Likes

What if the real best xenobiology is the friends we made along the way. :heart_hands:

1 Like

Definite proof of me being the greatest RD/scientist:

✨The proof✨

5 Likes

What map is this? I don’t recognize it.

Ye olde Fland

1 Like

i am god’s strongest forum reader

13 Likes

There was a time when you could name 50 LRP shitters here who had the power to singlehandedly destroy vital parts of the station in under 9 minutes.

6 Likes

Off to the top of my head there’s me and Gloria that can do sub ten minute maxcaps. There’s others, but I haven’t played science in a while.

if we’re at science edition of this
one of the old toxins names I haven’t heard of in a while is Daemon Maxim, but I remember their performance was impressive to me even as a beginner who couldn’t really assess what was happening properly
in terms of xenobiology, three names I hold up there because they brought the spoils to rest of station besides the usual thing a robust xenobiologist does are: Ella Aese, SP4RKy and Marina Pisces
in terms of robotics, Markus Larsson is an iconic face there, will do the servers, will do the mining, will do the research, anything needed to get his job done
as it goes for exploration crew, in terms of being hardcore, two names that come to mind are Candace Clark and Sebastian Derancla, at least from as much as I could see when standing on the side
that is not to say there aren’t more names that I’d respectfully be afraid of if I saw them in R&D

2 Likes

I rarely do mining myself anymore. I just very aggressively make the miners take and use my mechs. lol

<3

2 Likes