What simple features is Bee missing that other servers have, that you think would improve the experience here?

Hi, I recently got into coding, especially for this codebase.

Im interested in seeing what the traveling players here would like to see brought into bee that would improve the experience.

Please no salt, I am interested only in making bee a more enjoyable server.

2 Likes

More specifically, I am looking into input from players from /tg/, paradise, shiptest, yogs, or skyrat. Other inputs are appreciated as well.

Right now, some basic stuff like a new lobby screen, new game preferences UI and antag UI are somewhat of a long-term goal of mine so we can keep up with the lobby changes on monke and /tg/ downstreams, but that will need some significant prereq changes before we get there!

Quicks that let you select what they change, what prosthetic limb, what drug, what phobia, ect.

6 Likes

Which server, specifically?

There are quite a few that attempt this, many achieve it in different ways.

1 Like

I actually don’t remember anymore! I think Skyrat has customization that allows for this? But, I dunno.

1 Like

The TG guys have a Pod dispensor for tubes that @llol111 is looking to have implemented for TUBE station.

1 Like

If I wished death upon myself? Maybe.

I still want to live though. We can just leech off monke’s limb changes for now.

Give apids the same emote sounds that moths use (mainly screaming)

Speaking of which, why not add some tom and jerry screams as generic emotes for all races

2 Likes

Alright I think I got what I wanted so far.

No idea what skyrats looks like, but ill check it out

im just going to port TG’s tubes in their entirety at this point

Im not sure on this one, moths are pretty unique in their screams. Maybe I could take the current moth one and distort it until it sounds unique, and give that to apids? We will see.

I doubt Warner Brothers would like that. They are quite infamous for pursuing that kinda stuff for strikes.

Stuff like the wilhelm scream is fair use however, but I dont think that would make it through

Add ERP back into the game

1 Like

Wounds and the lead pipe maint spawn if we ever actually get wounds. I tried suggesting it to monke before but all the feedback was just “mmm bone icky me no like”

small useless feature but TG has little hats you can order from cargo that make monkeys sentient when they wear them. I just really want to have these on bee for no reason it just sounds funny to use them

More like ‘holy shit it’s such a pain in the ass to port’

Im not adding xeno vore code back even if you held a gun to my head

3 Likes

I reed in the wiki a recommendation to suicide with an air tank when the xenomorf devoré you, I did not get what it mean when I first read it since benos no longer eat people.

Thanks Kapu…

RIP Grods.

1 Like

I’m aware, but that wasn’t the reason they denied it. We put it on the backburner due to code while they denied it because they were squeamish.

• editable character-linked background, medical and work history, exploitable info, etc.
  • deeper examine and tooltip functionality.
  • combat indicators and encouragement to let people finish RP before attacking them, even in tense situations.
1 Like

Shiptest lets you see what your equipped items look like in character preferences. Also lets you choose which limbs to have as prosthetics

2 Likes