What makes a good Head of Security in your opinion?

Good HoS takes the side of his officers by default, only going against their word if they witness them breaking space law or SOP.
Good HoS doesn’t second guess decisions of his team, except when these decisions go against space law or SOP.
Nobody is above the law, not even captain.
All contraband will always be confiscated and sentenced for, no favoritism will be accepted like “explorers can find that” or excuses like “it’s from maint” or “I found it on the floor” and similar. It’s your job to keep the station clear of contraband and crime.
Always give out lethals during blue alert, undergeared officers are dead officers.
Perform search of lawyers, brig physician and detective at least once during blue alert.
Always ask of captain to borg prisoners where applicable. Borgs are more useful than perma prisoners you need to babysit.

I thought this was bait but judging by your other posts its serious. Wow. I am going to play head of security more just to not do any of these things.

5 Likes

If you do this you forfeit the right to complain about being silently rushed and cremated by antags.

7 Likes

As if antags do anything else to security.

This post is unproductive and I am disappointed.

This post is somewhat productive, but has gone off the rails a bit.

3 Likes

Were you expecting more tips and tricks or what’s wrong?

i dont do this ti security i find it more fun to have them alive

When antags get a steal objective in a department they don’t round remove everyone in it, even though the rules say they can, yet they regularly try to wipe sec. I wonder what behaviour by sec could possibly cause them to do so?

11 Likes

through demonstrating good HoS play antags will eventually warm up to you and deliberately change how they act. I speak from experience.

2 Likes

<< All prisoners of war will be treated in accordance with international law. We even brought pizza. >>

Based Combat 7 reference

i agree asd a antag i only murder sec if i really have to. and i mostly dotn get downed by them

I didn’t even know that rule exited, bet that’s the case for many antags.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.