What happened to circuitry?

I don’t remember what server it was on, but I remember a while ago making really awesome drones and implants n’ shit with the circuits system, but I come back here to see it’s entirely different, and not at all useful? What happened to circuits? I couldn’t find the commit where they were removed but I’d love to get them back in their full glory for a bee server I run.

Ah, I did just find the commit. New system is called wiremod I guess? I don’t like it very much, what was the reason for getting rid of circuits (other than they were kind of stupid sometimes)

We’re running like, 2019/2020 tg circuits right now.

This brings it up to August 2021 tg circuits, and I plan on making another after this is merged bringing us up to date with current circuits

It’s just that we have to bounce back between three different people and it is a gigantic PR to review it takes time

2 Likes

Ah, awesome. I don’t play TG very much so I haven’t seen their current circuits, so I had just assumed what was in the bee github was what there is.

Good to know!

The problem with Circuits is that they are very quickly abused. From guns that shoot a large amount of small items at once to suicide bots that hunt the station for a target, roll up to them and explode.

1 Like

I know that’s absolutely awful but it sounds so cool!!

3 Likes

it’s really cool but circuits are complicated to learn so a restricted few have this really overpowered powergame system that can just murder people

1 Like

Yea, in addition to the aforementioned suicide bots there are ones that spray 400u of a chem onto one tile in 3 seconds flat (instant husk w/phlog or instant oozeling permadead) and narsie bots that drain all of someone’s blood to like 40% volume immediately. Oldcircuits were based as hell

Perhaps… restrict this to the RD or another Head? So a person will have to ask for permission to use 'em or steal it.

We don’t have plans on adding any restrictions beyond what is ported from /tg/.

All that would change would be making RD/whoever has access to the circuit printer the first target for antags because oldcircuits are stronger than basically anything currently on the server if you have the right circuits saved

1 Like

The role of circuitry now is mostly restricted to processing data and has very limited actions. So you can make a door open with a thousand different conditions or a light have colour and intensity depending on what words you are saying but you will never see anything interesting out of circuitry again.
As i said it is just used to process data and this is boring as fuck.
No more cool gadget that automaticaly synthesize healing chem when you feed it stuff or funny drones that harrass people by following them and saying slurs.

4 Likes

this sounds awesome

Just letting forumstalkers know:

Circuits is TM’ed this round (yes right now), feedback is directed to the “Circuits update” ideasguy thread

you all don’t know the pain of having all your blood sucked out instantly instantly killing you from something that looked like a medibot

2 Likes

and there was 20 of them

2 Likes

We do a little nar’sie circuit spamming

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.