What does mind reader even do?

A couple days ago I died as a ling because an officer had read my mind and found my funny changeling hivemind, and just shotgunned me and shuttlegibbed me.
Sometimes you just fucking die, and this is true, but didn’t we remove CBZ because of funny 100% valid check with no downside?
Meanwhile mindreader over here b like :eyes:

Make it different than bonk the changeling please and thanks?

2 Likes

Remove it, go ahead. It’s mutation that exists only to valid hunt and causes issues.

8 Likes

you are the codermin i am illiterate you do it

2 Likes

Ask around in coding, we have people who will walk you through the process.

learning to code would make me want to finish xenobio and we both know that’s a bad idea

1 Like

Rework it into xenoblobology instead.

alright a player controlled blob will now spawn inside xenobiology at roundstart good luck

1 Like

How is that a good idea at all? Xenobio already needs nerfs for the amount of bullshit it can cause

1 Like

Mind reader in it’s current form is completely unsalvageable and has no right to exist.
Moving it somewhere else wouldn’t change anything.

2 Likes

Maxcap works too!

Or four singlecaps in a duffle

1 Like

Oh hey, how come my deleted message shows, but after reflecting i agree that it’s a good step to remove it, if the ling play the stealth perfectly they shouldn’t be out just because of a point and click mechanic, good merge

1 Like

What is the actual rate that it’s used to valid hunt? Seems a bit too tedious to use to valid hunt and it’s almost too specific in some cases. It at least is useful for detectives to use if they have to interrogate someone to see if they’ve said something earlier that could bring in clues. That and despite the effect of seeing what people have said in either ling chat or things like that being unintentional, it’s kind of realistic. How it functions it pretty much is telepathic communication, if you happen to be found out by someone scanning your mind it’s on you. If anything blood brother and ling chat is overpowered, able to communicate with no chance of ease dropping.

Instead of removing it why not give it a long cool down so you can’t just spam it on everyone. Make it be like a 3 minute, maybe even 5. Better to fix the issues instead of removing it, I’d bet you see more valid hunting with x-ray/thermal vision mutations than kind reading and nobody appears to be advocating for the removal of those mutations

I’m pretty sure we did remove x-ray.

3 Likes

Hm i think we need to remove mind read, sir it would be a good idea

1 Like

you’re a bit late

4 Likes

Hm I think we need to remove mind read it would be a great idea

3 Likes

My mind is empty, unbothered.

3 Likes

literally 1984

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.