What are your thoughts on bolas in combat?

Any thoughts of increasing the amount? Might be too much, but just asking because technically ashwalkers can just make bamboo syringes and a blowgun (yeah I know how had it is).

I’d also like to comment on probably what’ll happen with arrows being able to hold reagents (which I like). I honestly see myself getting nutrients from Goliath steaks, and if I get a few other people with bows and arrows, and fill the arrows with nutrient and make miners fat, then shoot at them with mint. One of the mushrooms does have toxins too which is another good choice, and then getting plants from living terrarium would help a good amount with getting decent poisons for combat.

I kind of wish instead of their removal, tribal craft bounties had a increase in value and reduced to only needing one. At least makes it worth while to work with ashwalkers to trade for items

1 Like

Yeah, this was brought up in my older post too. The bounties need to be swapped for raw plates/bones/sinew. Not a hard change.

1 Like

I do feel a need to append that last comment with:

Ashwalkers should still be weaker than miners by a fairly large margin, a 1v1 should always favor the miner because there will rarely, if ever, be more than three miners, but there is potential for an army of Ashwalkers.

They should always be balanced to generally lose, only winning if the ashwalkers played exceptionally well, or had overwhelming numbers.

will replace with other things from lavaland if they aren’t already on the same list, yes.

No, plasma is really the limiting factor on that.

5u of plasma will do about 20 toxin damage over a handful of seconds + the damage of whatever arrow you used on top.

1 Like

This is false.

Stun them and plant a c4 on their face.

You can’t if they’re running at the speed of a car. Unless you use software to assist you or get stupid lucky, anyway. (Or, though this isn’t something most crew can do, if you have a radial stun like xeno big boys and space dragon)

Simply an issue of skill.

1. Beartraps
  2. Syringe on harm intent
  3. Bola
  4. Flash
  5. Pepperspray
  6. Banana Cream Pie
  7. Idk BoH bomb them

Literally anyone can stun/kill someone if they take two seconds to prepare

Don’t forget the mines that sec can print out but usually don’t even notice

1 Like

4 Likes

Out of all of these the only one that is viable against superspeed is beartraps. Everything else needs you to click them, thus automatically making it unviable.

The issue isn’t aquiring stun but rather methods that don’t need clicks agaisnt someone moving at superspeed.

This. Just make a concussive smartmine smh

Stop using a trackpad to play ss13.

1 Like

1 Like

Stun based combat is pretty cringe but so is superspeed

answer? remove both

9 Likes

brb making alt to like this twice
edit: done

why the fuck would you spend 50 bucks on a god damn computer mouse, you can just go to a local tech store and get a mouse for a tenner

1 Like

Also just thinking you can also make sec barriers to limit movement, if there is a good virus you can even use the health door scanner things to stop them from because the door rejects anyone with a virus, putting down snow tiles will make the area colder and slow them down, and the AI can deploy the fire alarm and trap them in.

Because I like my Razer Naga.
And I like my MMO hotbars having buttons on my mouse

2 Likes

hi, peetah griffin here to explain the joke.

It was the most “gamer” mouse I could find, you goofy goober

Before I forget, any chance you’d let two other lava land roles keep their knowledge of tribal gear? Plant people from the living terrariums and the lavaland hermits.

I think they should keep the knowledge because the pack of gatfruit is typically stolen by miners round start and sometimes gatfruit doesn’t spawn at all. Giving the options to craft weapons just in case that’s better designed to fight any mobs that attack them.

Lava land hermit needs it to have a better time the longer they stay in lavaland. Their goal isn’t that much to escape lava land but to survive and if you’ve been stranded for a long time in lavaland you should’ve picked up a few crafts by then.

Or maybe just make it where those roles can get that knowledge through reading a book, instead of gaining a spell they literally gain the knowledge of lavaland crafting

1 Like