Weapon Distribution Advocacy

There are eight firearms in station wide circulation round start. That’s one firearm for every nine people at max population. The only question cargo should be asking is how do we arm the other eight?

As it stands right now, if you distribute arms to the people you get told “That’s against space law” and “Why are you powergaming?” and get thrown in the brig 4noraisin. No one here is making you spit shine those seccies jackboots so stop licking them!

Everyone round start should get a ballistic of some kind, because let’s be real here. Ballistics are way cooler than dumb ass laser weaponry. “Oh no, I was hit by a photon!” like that doesn’t happen to you every femto-second just by existing! Watch someone get shot by the Lord’s .45 and try to waddle away, it’s impossible.

Imagine it, some traitor thinks he’s slick and orders a double energy sword ready to go ham on some hapless medbay felinids. Then they whip out John Moses Browning’s M1911 and shred that Darth Maul knockoff in half just like they had an M2 Browning. It would be glorious.

It would also force clowns to be a lot more funny. Shitty pranks won’t cut it when we can kneecap the clown and turn them into Kiera 2.0

Everyone should get a themed gun. Assistants get a hunnit dolla bill hipoint because fuck em, Science gets a P50 because space gat, Engineering gets a G11 because those nerds can figure out how that devilry works, Security should get a Winchester Model 1897 because they love war crimes, Medical gets a Zip-22 so they can blow their fingers off, Service gets a 1911 because they seem like fudds, Cargo gets Ppsh-41 because its more historically accurate to Soviet LARPing, and Silicons should get a Barrett Model 82A1 with a 2 inch barrel so they can pen walls and flashbang at the same time.

16 Likes

This the best idea anyone has had ever.

No. Tommy Guns because Cargo is run like a Mafia. Not a Soviet state.

3 Likes

No. Tommy Guns because Cargo is run like a Mafia. Not a Soviet state.

True, but here’s another angle coming at ya. Blue collar workers unionizing then being attacked by the powers that be and deciding to declare their independence. Sounds kinda Soviet to me. If anyone were to get a Tommy gun I think it should be chemists. Those meth meisters getting people hooked is just like old timey prohibition moonshiners.

3 Likes

Don’t Americanise this humble server please.

3 Likes

The host lives in Texas. I think we can make it more like Texas.

2 Likes

Capture
I hate anime but this fits too well. Isn’t Crossed American anyway? Pretty sure I heard that in

6 Likes

That’s like saying you hate books.

alright, fine, we’ll give cargo a bunch of suits and american-180s just because

4 Likes

The only book I read is the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution baby. Mostly the Bill of Rights on the Constitution, the other parts suck.

What are you? A fucking nerd?

1 Like

Back on Golden or in early days of Sage I made a shop selling parts-wooden stocks, pipes for barrels, modular trigger. Wasn’t distributing weapons, just few separate objects, not my business what people do with them after buying them from me wink wink

Of course I got shut down brutally by sec who was set on keeping working man down, only once it played out a bit cause I found a lawyer very much interested in defending our civil rights and we were about to get trial but sadly antags got in a way and disturbed things too much for that to happen.

Also I tried once to sell assembled shotguns, even had a form for firearm permit so people interested in buying them could go to HoP request weapon permit, come back to me with stamped one (optimally with weapon permit granted on their ID as well so beepsky won’t arrest them) and I would then sell them a shotgun (I even gave each a serial number with hand labeler), but as usual command and sec didn’t want to cooperate

Not sure how it would fly with current rules and policies, probably wouldn’t and it’s a shame

1 Like

Mentioned by name +1
Mention of God’s own caliber and hand gun +45

This has my personal blessing

6 Likes

Screenshot_20220124-145537_Chrome

Nerd

6 Likes

Cant expect God to do all the work.

After all, 45 ACP is the best caliber for every use since they dont make a 46.

2 Likes

Honestly, a much better start option than the “drunken party” one.
A well-armed station is a polite station.

1 Like

Ok and? Atleast my prs and personality aint so bad i have to change my name to John Doe on forums and not include my discord in reports due to people messing with me (granted i have no idea why you did that but im guessing my guess is accurate). Also uhhh mald and cope Belone.

Edit: here is a relevant meme

8 Likes

i would like to specifically request a harpoon gun so I can go space carp hunting and fufill my name

1 Like

Man, Give me 5.7mm or give me death on this station, how else am I suposed to put shitsec and nukies in their places huh? 45acp is great and all but you get all you need from a 10mm automatic round PLUS the wonderful precision that comes with metric system measured ammo.

1 Like

3 Likes