We are now Paradise

New SOP thing is cringe and we are now just a worst paradise

1 Like

Didn’t I already see this thread before?

4 Likes

It doesn’t say anything about complaining in single sentences nerd. :exploding_head:

Thank you very cool.

Your welcome buddy pal

Dont play paradise. What am I suppoused to be angry about?

They have strict SOP that hinders rp, gameplay, enjoyment of the server, and the overall experience. Kinda like us now.

So play golden, or don’t play heads of staff.

Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are general guidelines and may be used as justification for administrative action and/or IC punishments, such as being fired from your position. They are not meant to be followed to the letter, because circumstances and context may permit you to break SOP. However, the fact that SOP is malleable is not an excuse to ignore it entirely.

Breaking SOP is an IC crime for non-command crew in almost every case, unless the player is completely blowing them off altogether and ignoring their job entirely, at which point it’s a Rule M3 break.

A character quirk or trait is a good reason, especially if it’s one you select at the character creation screen such as drug addict and it doesn’t come off as a thinly veiled attempt to powergame (But Admin sir, my character is a gun fanatic, they like to collect guns because they’re cool! It’s not powergaming!)

SOP only applies strictly to heads of staff, and that’s because a major part of their job is enforcing SOP. As head of a department, it’s within your job to keep your subordinates in line, including demoting those that go far out of line. CE is not just an engineer with better tools, you are expected to take charge of and direct the other engineers.

1 Like

Bruh

SOP creates RP by creating IC issues lol.

Do you even play paradise or did you just look at the list and go “wow, that’s HEFTY I’m gonna get banned for giving a clown staff to a crewmate!”

1 Like

Okay I have actually read through most of the SOP stuff now, aside from it being mandatory to actually use WORDS as a sec officer instead of just baton cuffing people and dragging them to brig, I dont see a whole lot different from what the rules were before.

No because you can’t do fun characters as a head.

I don’t like ruining other people’s rounds via demotions but thank you for the offer

This reads as “There should be no IC repercussions for not doing my job or obeying my boss”

If there’s not even IC repercussions for doing things that are bad to do IC, then the round structure falls apart. If you think that structure is unnecessary you don’t belong on a roleplaying server where you roleplay as someone with a job for a major megacorporation

Sometimes players do things to create minor adversity

1 Like

I think there should be structure but i don’t wanna demote for reasons out of their control. Say if I get a new clueless guy and he does a major fuck up I don’t wanna have to demote them.

Having someone clueless means they need to be taught how to do the job - it’s not only okay to be clueless about a job you’re new at, but expected.

What’s not okay is HoP refusing to punish cargo for ordering Null Crates because “cool gear”

CMO ignoring the chemist that refuses to take requests and only makes drugs

Chief Engineer fucking off to do fusion without a care for the rest of their subordinates or duties to the station, and having no idea what type of setup the SM has because they were never even a part of overseeing it.

1 Like

I like captain gimmicks but heads are designed to be an antidote to the chaos. is just how it b

1 Like

Friendly reminder you won’t get banned if you’re so funny the admins can’t stop laughing long enough to actually bwoink you. results may vary

1 Like

you can also just ask too

most will be happy to greenlight it im pretty sure, I’d wager the main concern is what it was before where heads are glorified assistants, but if the norm is changed to correct that then its ok.

1 Like

there’s a fine line between a hobby and unpaid employment

1 Like

Which part of the SOP do you find restrictive?