CKEY: WartornBanner

Admin’s CKEY: winterdarkraven

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: All

Ban Type: Permanent

Ban Length: Forever

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 09/15/2021

Round ID: 32720

Ban Reason: “Griefer. Maxcapped Brig. Bye.”

Appeal Reason: My intention was never to grief. I was experimenting with the game’s mechanics in what I thought was an interesting and thematic way.

Additional Information:
I have been playing on both of Beestation’s servers for quite a while, and it’s far and away my favorite server on SS13. I logged on to Acacia today because I’ve been looking at Toxins guides, and I wanted to practice on the smaller server, in case I screwed up. I do the same thing when tinkering with the SM or Atmos, or anything else that could affect other players. I launched one research bomb in the Tachyon doppler array, but was disappointed to see it was broken. Left with little else to do, I built a second one with the remainder of the material. Much less cold mix this time. I thought it was a shame that I don’t get to actually see the explosion in the research launcher, and I was really curious how big it actually was, and if this one would be big at all because of the weird mixture. Either way, I was joking with the rest of the crew about it.

Someone shouted “SWARMERS IN BRIG! LEFT SIDE!”. Fast forward about 5 minutes and the shuttle is less than 1 minute from departing. At this point, it seemed like pretty much everyone was on the shuttle, and brig was certainly empty. I figured there was no harm in testing it, especially since there was a threat in that location. Like a last jab back at the Swarmers before we took off, so I set it off in brig. It was bigger than I expected, and I ended up dying. Either way, I purposefully made sure throughout this entire process that I wasn’t affecting the experience of other players. The round was ending, nobody else would even see brig before it did, and there was a threat there that I might help to fight against.

I’d also like to say that this isn’t my normal behavior. I’ve had many wonderful moments on Sage, Golden, and now on Acacia, and am very dedicated to RP. I’ve written long backstories for all my characters, and love interacting with others. Admittedly, this was a bit of a step away from that, but I only did it because I want to know more about the game, and I thought it would be cool and thematic as the evac ship sent off, especially with my character’s reputation of being an unstable but well-meaning scientist. These servers and the characters I have on them are genuinely important to me, so if admins deem it necessary, I’d happily take a temporary ban, even a long one. I don’t think I am, or have ever been, a griefer, and especially not a troll deserving of a lifetime ban. Either way, I am genuinely sorry I was perceived that way, and I can understand now why I may have been.

If there are any questions, please direct them to me. I’d be more than happy to discuss.

Thank you.
WartornBanner

Let me get this straight.

Someone said there were swarmers, and after not seeing any, you blew up Brig?

Wait until round end to test your future devices.

This doesn’t look like grief from your playtime, only a very bad decision. It’ll be lifted shortly and replaced with a note. Try not to blow anything up, from now on.

Cheers.