Warned for trying to stop drama

Discord ID: 依李#0743

Admin Discord ID: Efem#4339

Ban Type: 1 point warning

Ban Length: -

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): today

Ban Reason: for pinging adminhelp for joke of a reason

Appeal Reason: I didn’t consider it a joke, I was concerned about an admin randomly replacing customcommands for the sole purpose of stirring shit and drama, which is technically a literal violation of admin policy.

Additional Information: Giving out warnings as a scare tactic against stuff you disagree with isn’t a very useful way of handling the warning system.

7 Likes

obraz

I thought it required an admins attention, if I was wrong, so be it, your initial 0 point warning is a fair warning in that case.

Retroactively changing it to a 1 point warning over a simple disagreement over an interpretation of a rule is not fair.

I pinged because I believed this policy was breached:

It is not unreasonable to give a 1 point warning for misusing the adminhelp ping, I’ve personally done it before in the past and will continue to do so.
Adminhelp is used when you need an admin to deal with something be it someone violating discord rules or if you need someone to look into a ticket when no admins are on. Someone editing a customcommand as a joke isn’t a great reason to ping.

Maybe it’s not a great reason, but is it really a bad and disallowed reason that warrants an actual warning? I explained my concerns and reasoning for doing it, and they are in my opinion valid causes too, even if silly.

EDIT: sigh your edited your grammar and choice of words to make this reply look bad.

closed on request