Warden Krav Maga suggestion, making antags quake in their cock and balls

Removal of all instant stunts is a net positive for the game. Remember how brutally efficient security used to be with tasers? And how TERRIBLE it was every time an antag got a taser? One disabler doesnt guarantee 5 more in the antags pockets, but krav gloves pretty much guarantee security has lost

Not really, it just means that you won’t be able to rush the person alone if you’re bad at the game.

You guys are really overestimating it. There’s only 1 fucking glove pair of krav magas on the map. If an antagonist takes it, man up and bop them. If you can’t man up, take strength in numbers. It’s why sec is an entire department.

Also I don’t care what you say about stun batons but you’re basically fucked if you get hit with them even once. You’re nearly guaranteed to be domed afterwards from the movement speed debuff.

I’m in the boat that dislikes quite a few of the hardstuns in the game, (HoS gun being the biggest) but krav maga honestly aren’t as deadly as everyone makes them out to be. Yes, they’re effective, but they’re also a melee ranged item, and a graytider with a bola and some floor tiles or a gun will break the krav maga user in pieces.

Security in general has plenty of counters, including ranged weaponry, flash bulbs/bangs, bolas and stun baton technique, and not losing the freaking gloves in the first place (they’re literally owned by the second best armed person on the station). Krav maga are fine as they are.

1 Like

Krav Magas are fine. As I said, the game isn’t supposed to be 100% fair. Every department has their bullshit stuff. Some things are just SUPPOSED to kill you.

Deathmixes
Death nettles, explosive wheat
Clown slip
Plasma floods
SM sabotage
Maxcaps
S h o t g u n s
Radiation man

I’d much rather be attacked by someone wielding krav magas than anything above (obviously you can’t wield an SM sabotage but you get what I mean)

deathmixes

chug charcoal, unless it has anacea

death nettles

again, charcoal

clown pda slip

i consider it in the same vein as Defib stun

blasma floods

laughably not deadly

sm sabotage

easy to avoid

maxcaps

Lol just walk away

shotguns

yeah those are utter bullshit, i plan to do some shit about shotguns, mostly

radiation

shitcode no one has bothered to fix because it’s utterly broken

Riiiight, because we’re supposed to carry charcoal now. Like that’s any different from using bolas to counter a krav maga man.

Krav maga are literally just “Stay the hell away from them in melee.” It’s not unbalanced at all.

And what the heck are wrong with shotguns?

You can cuck people at point blank with any shottie except double barrel

There’s some good nerfs to shotguns that need to be ported including making their sprites more obvious and making them a heavy weight class.

2 well made death nettle throws can crit you

Oh yes please nerf sec more then keep crying about shitsec while actually annoying shit goes untouched because you like it

this but unironically

I actually don’t mind those two (though i’m not a fan of the new shotgun sprites). The heavy weight class thing is alright, but I don’t think it should apply to all shotguns (not the compact shotgun, or sawn off shotguns).

i hope everyone realizes that both cults have instant stuns

sleeping carp exists

changeling shriek exists

tele batons exist

morphine exists

bolas exist

but it’s krav magas, where only 1 exists and it makes you piss your pants?

the problem isn’t in the items or skills for the most part (barring changelings) you just have to get good and learn how to fight against things instead of bitching about them

yes sometimes you will be outmatched in terms of gear

yes you will get killed

but you’re supposed to die sometimes, that’s just how the game is

Telebatons, morphine arent instastuns. Bolas dont last long enough to cuff. made a pr a few days ago that makes screech far easier to counter.

Carp, i aint touchin that for awhile and its also an antag item. But im planning on looking at aggro grabs as a whole, cuz anything rng based in combat is terrible

I am also going to look at blood cult stuns- probly today. clockies are bus-only at the moment.

come into my kitchen with your puny red menace gloves and I shall show you the power of the patriot’s grab-grab-disarm

Morphine takes you out of the round for a longer time than a mere krav maga leg sweep does. Just shoot someone with it, run away, return when you’re sure they’re asleep, win.

I’ve always pushed to have Krav Maga gloves be replaced with Krav Maga knowledge exclusive to the brig, similar to chef CQC
This ensures that:
~ Wardens will actually be encouraged to stay in the brig to keep their robusting powers (Valid-hunting wardens, yuck)
~ Head of Shitsec can’t cop my gloves roundstart and cower in his office as soon as someone yells “ligger!”
~ The warden has a hard-stun when it services his actual job of protecting the armory and stopping prison escapes
~ I ded no more

1. Wear a firesuit
  2. Carry charcoal
  1. don’t engage someone who has a martial art that doesn’t block projectiles in melee
  2. lol just use a gun

You can say carry charcoal or wear a fire suit, but alfred literally brings up the same scenario. Krav maga has counters, just like syringe guns (Not to mention piercing syringe exists).

Also, port bay grabs screee.