Offender’s CKEY: Unknown

Offender’s In-Game Name: Ward Cromile

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 04-29-2022

Round Number: 37772

Rules Broken: R9, R12 (?)

Incident Description:
Where do I begin?
Supposedly Ward Cromile signed up as Head of Security, and since they were the only Head of Staff, they became acting Captain. For me personally, I (as an Engineer) asked for atmos access at the HoP line, but they were doing some riddle bullshit I don’t have time for, so I fucked off and did the fland solars. Ward, being the only member of Command Staff and Acting Captain, most-likely granted either AA or ID Console access to one or more individuals, or someone else granted access from this original access, including but not limited to Silent Terror (to become an HoP Mime), Zeke Harrold (originally a ling who became “”“Captain”"" wearing gear and carrying nuke disk), and Circle the Great (originally ling Clown).
So Ward’s actions either indirectly or directly lead to the AI getting an “American Lawset” (You are an American, spread freedoms, etc.)
I become acting CE through the HoP mime, and then SM was sabatoged by a different scientist changeling Sophia Alby only to detonate 5 TTVs inside of the SM room, rendering engineering broken, and killing me for the rest of the round (there were no other engineers). (They had the “escape as …” for Frank, another Engineer, not sure if it’s allowed or not but worth a mention).

Additional Information: This report was created from my point of view, and obviously not all information can be accurate, this entire round needs to be investigated. I’m sure as more people chip in their sides of the story, we could get a more clear picture.

Summary

Supplementary Provided by Julius Wright:

2 Likes

mime here. yeah i dont know why hos made me hop, or why he was giving aa to random people. I didnt mind becoming hop because, well there was none. So i accepted the job change. I didnt really do anything for the rest of the round, just give out access and whatnot. I did not give AA to anyone, i only gave all access expect for bridge and sec to clown, but somehow, he got the rest of the access. Just saying my pov to this weird round

1 Like

the “ID console” access thing means you can use the ID console, ala change access, ala change YOUR own access

1 Like

yeah but i checked that off, meant either ward gave him the rest of the access or zeke did

if zeke did, well that fine because he was a ling and probably knew clown as a ling too, or just did it because he could

Ah yeah im the HOS here. The situation was basically that I was the only command and knew I was gonna be SSDing soon so I wanted to make sure there was some command. Had no idea zeke was a changeling though, thats crazy.

I made the mime into HOP since he was hopping the table and seemed to want it anyway.

Zeke gave a funny answer to my riddle so I figured why not and made him the acting captain. Gave him the disk when I cryo’d later, left an ahelp.

Didn’t personally give anyone else access of particular note though

“some riddle bullshit”
my riddle was if ranch or cool ranch came first and I was still serving people despite what answer they gave.

Basic idea was to make sure once I left someone was still in charge.

1 Like

You say they’re lings like Ward could have somehow possibly known this.

Trim the description to only include the things you believe the player knowingly did wrong, and details that are relevant to that. It makes you sound salty and takes credibility away from the report when you frame arbitrary information as being the fault of the reported player.

Your reaction to “riddle bullshit” and calling it that somewhat alarming. It’s an RP server, and you seem unreasonably OOCly upset that they were doing this based on the presentation.

From the rules:

• Security may be considered a threat and may be pre-emptively eliminated without provocation, but low-collateral methods must be used to eliminate them. Bombing the security wing is not considered low-collateral.
  • Crew inside a department in which you must complete an objective may be considered a threat and pre-emptively eliminated without provocation.

So while it doesn’t exclusively say low-collateral for non-security departments, it’s pretty reasonable to conclude that no, a massive chain of TTVs is probably not acceptable when it comes to that. If Sophia Alby is their original name, this is a player who used to be an admin as well: @Dallen9

1 Like

There’s a difference between asking for access and having to do paperwork or ask someone in the department for permission and larping as the riddler.

This may be more expected if a Clown wound up as HoP but from the HoS, it seems out of place.

2 Likes

You say they’re lings like Ward could have somehow possibly known this.

A good portion of the information filling this report was gathered through dchat and round-end screen, but this report was mostly about how recklessness in regards to granting AA enabled antagonists additional privileges which would not happen in a normal situation (they have to work for it)

Your reaction to “riddle bullshit” and calling it that somewhat alarming. It’s an RP server, and you seem unreasonably OOCly upset that they were doing this based on the presentation.

I was one of two (2) engineers on the station, and needed to get power up and running as soon as possible, I was on solars an Frank on the Supermatter (which I didn’t know at the time). Did a pit-stop at HoP line on my way to the second set of solar panels, waited in line through about three people, all because there were no atmospherics technicians signed up.

I don’t remember which admin said this to me, but I got a note for “don’t join the round if you know you won’t be able to play it”

1 Like

This was Ward, confused the names. Deleted instead of editing on accident.

“I don’t remember which admin said this to me, but I got a note for “don’t join the round if you know you won’t be able to play it””

Went into the round thinking I was going to be able to play the whole thing and then something came up almost at roundstart and I knew i’d be having to ssd within 30 minutes or so. Life happens mayne

3 Likes

Is this the round where Zeke replied to your question on which type of ranch with “Ram Ranch” and got AA for it?

That seemed really silly and senseless ngl.

Right, this exists. Looking into it.

Righty. Let’s see here.

… Wow, this round was a shitshow. I am terribly sorry if I have missed anything here.

ID stuff

While I’m unable to get anything about the “riddle bullshit”, I found this:

ID: Hackole/(Ward Chromlie) assigned /datum/job/captain job to Zeke Harrold’s ID Card (Scientist), overriding all previous access using the captain’s spare ID at Head of Personnel’s Office (154, 169, 2).
SAY: (Zeke Harrold) “can't believe answering ram ranch gained me captain priveleges” (Escape Pod One (127, 97, 9))

You definitely should not be handing out AA to someone for them saying “Ram Ranch” in the slightest.

ID: Hackole/(Ward Chromlie) assigned /datum/job/hop job to Silent Terror’s ID Card (Mime), overriding all previous access using the captain’s spare ID at Head of Personnel’s Office (154, 169, 2).

You also shouldn’t give someone a command position who can’t even communicate.

Ling ThingsTM

Zeke went on to distribute AA to other changelings with their newly obtained captain access ID.

GAME: Bomb valve opened in Atmospherics Engine (199, 117, 2) with The remote signaling deviceattached by Dallen9/(Sophia Alby) - Last touched by (Sophia Alby)
[…] (This happens 5 times)

Definitely overkill with their objectives, completely nuking engineering to kill one engineer is way out of proportion here.

Adding this to the end.

While paperwork is completely fine, nonsensical paperwork, consisting of a “riddle”, is rather LRP. As explained by Hackole in the thread here, their paperwork riddle consisted of “Which came first, ranch or cool ranch”.

Action has been taken.

Report processed