Want events? Submit your ideas here: Electric Boogaloo 2

Everyone is an antag but they don’t know everyone else is an antag. They believe they are the only one, I believe.

3 Likes

I mean normally you dont know if other people are antags… this would just lead to a lot of chaos and fighting no?

That’s the point.

rocking up to tcomms to steal the blackbox only to be met with twelve other people trying to do the same thing is funny

3 Likes

“we would prefer events that aren’t entirely combat related”

Thats what was said so…

Taylor you assume people will play in good faith and only do those types of objectives. People use their antag permissions in very different ways!

Althought I agree that image is funny!

1 Like

everyone being antag is mildly too chaotic, aye. Anyway, somewhat funny event idea i had:

A Central Command message rings through the station speakers informing the crew that the Security Cameras and internal microphone system implanted within each employee (As per line 37, page 227 regarding Blackbox Record Keeping in your employee contracts, of course) are being used to record an episode for an anonymous but high class reality television program. The arrival of a new assistant, of the name John Nanotrasen, alerts any crewmate with a Cable Holopad License that a new episode of what is now humanities longest running television show, Undercover Boss, is being filmed on Space Station 13. Command staff are given the objective to ensure Mr Nanotrasen gets the best possible impression of their department without letting him know they know what show is being filmed. A small number of crewmembers, implanted by the Syndicate, are given the objective to secretly sabotage John Nanotrasens impression of the station in an attempt to get it shut down (a defunct station is easier to rob, of course).

3 Likes

AI has taken over. Station Population is 75% borgs and 25% People. Further humanoid harm is counterproductive as some tasks require hands.

Humans have the goal to destroy AI or otherwise return it to their control.
AI and borg players would be requested to be benevolent overlords as much as possible.

2 Likes

I’d just like to see Sec and Heads try to get their kill targets and act like there was justification to killing them. lol

What if… everyone is an antag but has the same objective? LMAO

Just single out a single person to be killed by everyone. Perhaps one single person who is aware everyone will try to kill them and has to keep them alive until the end? This could be some sleeper so the protector has time to prepare.

Or as previously mentioned, everyone goes to get the blackbox. lmao

You got the HoP line queue, the kill that one guy queue and the black box queue. xd

2 Likes

Chyrin did this once recently it was horrible

CE/HOP were regular traitors
HoS was an heretic
CMO was promoted? Or arrived late so no antag
No RD
Captain was alright, non antag

This resulted in:

HoS baiting the Warden into his office and wordlessly shot him to death, then shove it on his HoS Locker

Same deal with Det and a late arrival officer, and of course… Captain. they had to be bwoinked because they didn’t even know what to do as Heretic

HoP and CE bombed AI and did everything stealthy

And… that’s it, Chiryn sent a message quite late that involved some vague words about not trusting command but by that point it was too late, eventually Shion called the Syndicate by “accident” and a loneop took over, i don’t remember if we blow up

In any case it was fun for… two-theee people, most departments lacked leadership since they went to do their own thing

It was like a random 2019 Golden round but worse since it included HoS killing his own officers

If this were to be an “event” it would need to let others participate, tell the heads to not go gunz blazing 0 word shoot and bombs but slowly show their corruption with specific goals, that could lead to Inspector into ERT + announcing rogue heads and once they’ve captured the syndicate heads and promote crewmembers to the heads position they can let the round continue and spicy it out with random event or more syndies ooor it ends when ert does the captures and shuttle gets called for the inevitable chaos that probably ensued

But without preparation like what happened on that round is pain

8 Likes

Keep in mind roleplaying standards are much higher right now, so the heads might think of a cool gimmick to enhance the round, and an admin could summon an ert or space police

1 Like

Yeah, it depends on who’s playing the heads of staff tbh, that particular round showed bee 2019 vibes but if they were other players it could’ve went a different route, also being an event guarantees more organization and kinda a storyline to follow

1 Like

What if heads don’t have regular antagonist objectives, but it is a rebooted revolution. Everyone else aren’t antagonist but all the heads are! All the heads has the objective of making a police state. That means deputizing as many as possible and setting up and possibly locking down as much as possible. I’d imagine that mind shields would basically convert you in this case. It is then the objective for every worker to get sick of this and naturally create a revolution. This event or even game mode in of itself I imagine would require at least 35 people to be viable, maybe even 40. Due to the amount Sec would immediately Deputize and Borg to monitor the crew and the amount of workers required to allow them to slip away.

This isn’t to say heads can do regular antagonist shit and randomly kill crewmembers but would enact more rough such as harm-batoning. Can’t rule over dead men. I imagine all heads would have these objectives:

#1 Central Communications suspect a Syndicate Agent is on board of the station. Lock down maintenance, initialize the production of combat equipment and monitor the entire crew using the AI and deputies.
#2 Kill the hidden Syndicate Agent.

All heads would have their own set of additionally objectives to further add wood to the fire:

Cap: Do not request assistance from Central Communication.
Cap: Ensure the survival of all Heads of Staff.
Cap: Distribute propaganda to the crewmembers. (Optional)
Cap: Profit. Even if it means cutting wages. (Only Cap or HoP)

HoP: Reduce amount of access on all personnel.
HoP: Profit. Even if it means cutting wages. (Only Cap or HoP)

RD: Force Borg 2 crew members. (Requires Roboticist on start)
RD: Have 3 Combat Mechs with trackers. (Requires Roboticist on start)

CE: Set up 20 cameras in maintenance. (Requires Engineer on start)
CE: Reinforce floors and walls. (Optional)

CMO: Make sure there is 50u of Happiness in the fridge. (Requires Chemist on start)
CMO: Make sure at least 10 crew members are addicted to Happiness. (Requires Chemist on start)

HoS: Order 10 Laser Rifles. (Requires Cargo Technician or Quartermaster)
HoS: Deputize 3 crew members.

Some meta things I’d initially imagine would be all maintenance doors being bolted by all Heads into their department. A few people being forcefully mind shielded to be converted to additional deputizes and others being force borged to be enslaved through the AI to the heads (Perhaps the addition of some Heads Only Law set would be ideal here?). QM might be forcefully mind shielded immediately and told to monitor the ore silo for any suspicious activates. Heads might restrict their workers what they can do and demand they ask for permission for basic things like making a regular mining mech or pills.

For the workers you’d have several options. You would still out number the Security Guards and Heads but not to the amount where you could simply storm them. You can make AI boards to convert anyone who has been force borged to your side. Chemists can make lethal bombs whenever the chemistry deputy isn’t watching. Roboticists can try to set up an Exosuit Machine in maintenance to try to make combat mechs not assigned to Security and also make an Exosuit Console to EMP the mechs they were forced to make to Security. Engineers could disrupt maintenance power to mess with Commands tools. For example cutting the power to the Bridge, Brig and the AI.

I actually really like this idea.

2 Likes

I did note some of my issues with this idea while in game, but I’ll add to this where it’ll be seen by more people.

This has potential, but it runs into an issue where the crew is allowed to combat command. There are some comdom heads out there that behave like tyrants without antag motivation. Lynching them would get you a fat bwoink unless it was escalated properly.

I’ve seen player led revolts against sec and command before, though its been a very long time since then. It was usually a one way ticket to everyone involved getting bwoinked, both civilian and sec alike. Its kind of ironic too. Back then, RP was pretty low. Not golden low, but fairly low. Yet those revolts were some of the most player led RP around, spicing up greenshifts in a way that only the players themselves could. But they were of course still frowned upon because of the amount of self antagging that happens in those kinds of events.

It also raises another issue. It gives crew a reason to attack command, on ANY round. That is a pretty big issue.

1 Like

I mean, that’d still work. Just because it isn’t an official dedicated event it doesn’t mean it can’t happen entirely naturally. What’s important for this game mode is that the Heads has to make it clear and rough for the workers.

Why would they attack without reason? The reason they’d attack in this game is for all the changes Command does. Force borging, cutting wages, hindering movement, constant monitoring, and so on. It is insanely enticing for the workers to get upset and that’s how you make a real revolution.

Someone left the comms console open on the syndicate channel, but I did not intend for that but rolled with it anyways. And nope, the station wasn’t blown up, I gave the lone op another objective to take over since I knew the self destruct terminal had its core removed, and I didn’t want that lone op to spawn in vain.

But yeah, all in all it was a terrible, boring round for everyone. Like, actually awful, and I kinda wish I never did that. That’s the main reason as to why I made this thread, so me and other staff could get some hopefully good ideas for future events.

I was hoping the heads might take this rare opportunity to make up their own objectives, but alas. I placed too much faith upon players. I should’ve thought of something.

1 Like

This is the ideal way it would go, but the ideal way is never the way it goes. If you open the possibility of being able to kill command for making poor choices, then people will find a reason to lynch he on rounds when they arent supposed to. Since its dynamic always, it would ALWAYS be a possibility. If its an admin event, then there are two ways it might go. Either admin announces what the event is, and then the crew goes full normal revs. OR, the admin doesnt announce what the event is, and command gets away with all their bullshit because they are command. You cant question them most of the time, and attacking them without knowing you CAN attack them is self antag.

1 Like

command gets away with all their bullshit because they are command. You cant question them most of the time

RIP CAA, gone but not forgotten

2 Likes

What happened was that a revenant emagged it right as I was about to contact centcom, so I kinda just assumed it was meant to be.

1 Like

I can see it somewhat working out if admins waited thirty minutes, then announcing the event in a IC way.

Monkey chassis, Ninja powers except with the swarmer Teleport instead of the Net of Round Removal. Deep-rooted Pacifist mental illness.
Birdboat model

One goal: “It is a lovely day on Space Station 13 and you are a terrible goose.”

5 Likes